Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

33 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

We also have some incredible artists in France. Valerie Lagrange is one of the little known artists of the crowds, a few thousand views on Youtube, a dozen Like. And yet, and yet extraordinary songs, dreamlike music, She played with very great musicians: Serge Gainsbourg, Francis Lai, Les musicians d'Elton John, Steve Hilage, Ruts DC, Ian Jelfs, ...

She started in cinema in a great movie by Claude-Autant Lara "La jument verte" year 1959, then Barbet Schroeder, Jean-Luc Godard, Claude Lelouch, ...

Valérie Lagrange is highly regarded by many people for her great artistic qualities and her engaging lyrics of beautiful songs

This life https://www.chantefrance.com/artist/1324-valerie-lagrange/biographie

https://www.lepoint.fr/culture/valerie-lagrange-a-contre-courant-21-04-2012-1453680_3.php

My record is from 1981 with the group Ruts DC

1u9u.jpg

With Steve Hillage (Gong), group The Sinceros / Steve Hillage on studio version, it seems to me that it's Ian Jelfs (her future husband) on the tv set

With Elton John's musicians

My LP "Chez Moi" With the great UK group Ruts DC

La bande de la Coupole http://paris70.free.fr/coupole.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@Dave1290

Think there's an over seas DJ that appears here often lately. Brings up memories of lots of good times for me and artist  déjà vu also

Alright @MicroMara

I remember Nina Hagen. Straight from the early 80s disco years here!

Nena is the only German artist who has managed to land a No. 1 hit in the USA.

@JohnJ

My dear brother ...you must have known me for many decades...and yes you are right. I used to be a famous DJ in Germany and worked in the best discos in the country. During my studies of economics I earned some extra money. Since my childhood I have had a passion for MUsik and audio technology. It was my uncle's fault because he showed me his hi-fi system when I was a boy. Then it had happened ... with me ...

And YES, do you know what a sublime feeling it is when hundreds of people dance to your beats and you bring the masses into ecstasy and they celebrate the sound, the beats, the lights, the lasershows and the DJ. It was an unbelievable time, which I always remember with pleasure.

I played from 1980 to 1990, then the wave of electronic acid and techno music began. I couldn't identify with this sound anymore and stopped being a DJ. 10 years of nightlife had also taken their toll and I didn't want to do it anymore.

My studies had suffered, too much money in my hands, great girls, cars, drugs, the whole program.

Then I finally finished my studies and became top manager in an international company for audio-visual sound-light-laser technology and started to build up a worldwide distribution network for laser technical multimedia concepts. This was a fantastic advancement of my personal development.

I have selected a few pictures that I want to immortalize here.

Tao2.jpg

Tao.jpg

Tao3.jpg

tarmcenter1.jpg

tarmcenter3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Re Disco music 

Musically speaking it’s actually very technical and not a simple as most people think 

Same goes for the music of ABBA 

Today it is only loops, files, sounds, beats, samples and so on. If everything is produced on computers, the voices are integrated, the whole thing is then mixed and finalized in sound. That's why many DJ's have become music producers and DJ cult stars themselves. Nevertheless the best time was between 1975 and 1990.

• Like 3

Wow, @MicroMara

Generally thinking the stuff you have posted has a lot of musical content to it and sounds that less than Klipsch couldn't do properly.

Started messing with Dave when he landed a boatload of records last year and was lamenting alphabetizing them. His vast collection of some of my favorite 70s rock started that.

Me mostly just plain old R&R and branching out from there some.

Raised hearing classics practiced and performed on every piano that has been in this house through my life.... four I think. Those early life experiences might explain how I  appreciate other stuff from what really drives me.

That last pic with the green lasers? A nightclub or dance hall? Looks about like an auditorium!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Nena is the only German artist who has managed to land a No. 1 hit in the USA.

Rudolph & Michael never did??

They did with me in the late 70s when I first saw them... Forgot if one played first or second but the headliner was a brand new to the national scene Southern Rock band named Molly Hatchet. Judas Priest and UFO absolutely melted the stage before Hatchett came out and their singer Danny Joe Brown (RIP) literally broke his leg during their show. Scorpions in that same WWE arena within a year or so of that show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Wow, @MicroMara

Generally thinking the stuff you have posted has a lot of musical content to it and sounds that less than Klipsch couldn't do properly.

Started messing with Dave when he landed a boatload of records last year and was lamenting alphabetizing them. His vast collection of some of my favorite 70s rock started that.

Me mostly just plain old R&R and branching out from there some.

Raised hearing classics practiced and performed on every piano that has been in this house through my life.... four I think. Those early life experiences might explain how I  appreciate other stuff from what really drives me.

That last pic with the green lasers? A nightclub or dance hall? Looks about like an auditorium!

The last picture with the laser light was one of an infinite number of multimedia productions that we have made for concerts, company events, product presentations, theme parks and also in-outdoor permanent installations.

I have been doing this job for more than 20 years, travelling every year worldwide to trade fairs in North-South America, Europe and Asia.

After a good 20 years of continuous traveling, I would get tired of this job, could not stand hotels, airports and airplanes anymore. In addition, the company was sold to a large electronics group in Germany and then branched out into individual companies. Then I decided to quit this job and change my career. That was the case about 10 years ago.

The Showlaser company still exists today

https://www.tarm.de/lasershow?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI28aTybfD6AIVihnTCh1BoQ5GEAAYASAAEgLUvvD_BwE

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Rudolph & Michael never did??

They did with me in the late 70s when I first saw them... Forgot if they played first or second but the headliner was a brand new to the national scene Southern Rock band named Molly Hatchet. Judas Priest and UFO absolutely melted the stage before Hatchett came out and their singer Danny Joe Brown (RIP) literally broke his leg during their show. Scorpions in that same WWE arena within a year or so of that show.

It is possible that other German groups have also been successful in the USA in the past.  ....Of course, I can't know everything....0017.gif

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Back to the topic ..Vinyl Record spinning      Barcley James Harvest. Live Tapes " 1978 ..Polydor Records UK. 

I have no LPs of BJH 

But do have 4 CDs 😎

Great group - great music 🎶 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1