Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 5/29/2020 at 5:37 PM, Full Range said:

Take them all - But I implore you to look after them with proper storage and cleaning 

Get yourself some MOFI record sleeves to replace the originals 

As for skips - get a Record cleaning machine 

Well, I did get them all.  Maybe around 500 albums more or less and some 45s that I haven’t really gone through.  This will be an enjoyable chore.  I will need to pick up new sleeves, thanks for the lead.  Here are few samples and they’re amazingly “quiet” for old vinyl.

0F93E83B-99A8-44E7-A948-CDE52D7BDBCC.jpeg

A5E5AF39-49C5-46D2-868F-9DE4E8C926B8.jpeg

99A5A406-3396-4820-BCE7-3038C34C7B55.jpeg

C83178C6-41E4-44DF-B33C-33E195E79681.jpeg

F0DC1C64-591B-4D6A-8B4B-0873C96A425E.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Both my folks died when i was eight years old ... now over a half century later, relatives occasionally “find” things that belonged to them and give them to me. I have several boxes of 78’s all in what looks like photo albums. 

There was some promo card (or something like that) from a singing group called The Hi-Lo’s -- it was autographed and addressed to my Mom (who apparently worked in a record shop before i was born). 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, sputnik said:

Well, I did get them all.  Maybe around 500 albums more or less and some 45s that I haven’t really gone through.  This will be an enjoyable chore.  I will need to pick up new sleeves, thanks for the lead.  Here are few samples and they’re amazingly “quiet” for old vinyl.

Fantastic as it’s a rare find 👌

Secretly I wanted it to me me 😱

Those MOFI record sleeves are archival and anti-static - but similar quality is available from other brands

I use the similar type from a local online record store in AU called -  Discrepancy Records 

https://www.discrepancy-records.com.au/?rf=kw&kw=Sleeves

IS422120-01-01-BIG.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Both my folks died when i was eight years old ... now over a half century later, relatives occasionally “find” things that belonged to them and give them to me. I have several boxes of 78’s all in what looks like photo albums. 

There was some promo card (or something like that) from a singing group called The Hi-Lo’s -- it was autographed and addressed to my Mom (who apparently worked in a record shop before i was born). 

wonderful ......

• Like 5

I've managed to listen to a lot of music that I'd never have otherwise lately. Our neighborhood record store re-opened but they're so tight after three months being forced out of business that I'm stuck with them all for the time being. Moody Blues were a band that had lots of airplay on the Q never had exposure to the other songs on the records though.

I've had several come through here with that thicker cardboard from bygone days a textured matte finish and astounding artwork. "Court of the Crimson King" was the best until earlier today.. the interior looks Van Gogh inspired. Couple of their hits on this one too. 

IMG-20200605-135536.jpg

IMG-20200605-135515.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@JohnJ    The Dutch band " EKSEPTION "from the 1970s comes to my mind, when I hear the " Moody Blues "

Hey the first tune is an exception to a genre! I hear jazz, funk.. second starts out with keyboards from a fair! I see them dancing on the cover, sounds like they're having a good time.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hey the first tune is an exception to a genre! I hear jazz, funk.. second starts out with keyboards from a fair! I see them dancing on the cover, sounds like they're having a good time.

Ekseption also interpreted Johan Sebastians Bach's Toccata in 1973. In general they had produced some great albums. Might also interest our mate @Full Range

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Ekseption also interpreted Johan Sebastians Bach's Toccata in 1973. In general they had produced some great albums. Might also interest our mate @Full Range

I'm sure it will, interesting to hear it outside of a band shell, coming from guys not in suits... but jean jackets & psychedelic clothes! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I'm sure it will, interesting to hear it outside of a band shell, coming from guys not in suits... but jean jackets & psychedelic clothes! 

I just found the album which I have already heard at my cousin's house

While I am looking at the cover ... my father loved the old Mercedes 280 SE / 350 SE . Those were still great cars, also in their interiors.

Foto: Mercedes 280 SE 3.5, Innenraum (vergrößert)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2020 at 3:36 AM, Full Range said:

Time for some contemporary Jazz 

A nice album to relax with 

Thanks to Mike 🤘 @dirtmudd

Artist - Norah Jones ‎

Title – Come Away With Me

7-C9-BB330-179-E-433-D-B6-E6-F3-A01-FF8-

Got the album as Audio SACD. Yes it is really beautiful, similar to Katie Melua's productions. Only Melua was more successful as a singer songwriter. From both you don't hear anything new anymore.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I am enjoying listening to Ekseption 👌 Thanks for the introduction 

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

While I am looking at the cover ... my father loved the old Mercedes 280 SE / 350 SE . Those were still great cars, also in their interiors.

I had a Mercedes 280E - W115 - my wife’s car back in the day 

Then she wanted a car with a sunroof - so we traded it in for a BMW 520I with a hard metal sunroof 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1