Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Today's Music News: Cream bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71 | Local ...

Guys it's nice tonight, lots of Best Of albums in first class quality, without scratches. Even the covers are in good condition because the cats didn't come in the boxes where I found them all today. CREAM..." Best of " double album...you all know me, but I was still little when you were drinking beer, smoking and partying with the girls 

1853807790_CreamBestof1kleiner.thumb.jpg.22c7c3b153c56fa826cdc24689ec133d.jpg

• Like 3

I'm partying here on Rare Earth . The masterpiece album " MA " from 1973 on the label Mowtown . Unbelievable cool. I'm already on the second page but still dancing on the tune " MA " which lasted 17:17 minutes. Also the second side is a masterpiece. Genius....

2123662217_RareEarthkleiner.thumb.jpg.455ff71a36b0e61be0bd16a513e6c54b.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Range  I´ll do the same right now that´s why I had to lough L O L , Yes Short Stories is very nice.

I have now 2 weeks off and dig through my record collection. What I find there everything again. You will see it in the coming days.

Here the Leo Kottke album " THE BEST " from 1977 as french pressing. Pathé Macron EMI France label. 

We will compare my record stash with your record stash as we spin them 

But I do have some surprise LPs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Wow, I'm listening to Trepass from Genesis. It has been lying in the boxes with the old records for at least 30 years, really beautiful 

This album is overlooked by fans and critics - but I think it’s a fantastic album 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

We will compare my record stash with your record stash as we spin them 

But I do have some surprise LPs 

Me too, we will certainly have a lot of fun, but we always have together.

• Like 2

I am going crazy, I find my third album by Triumvirat . Of course I put it on immediately. These are the German Genesis, Yes and EL & P . Thats Jazz Rock Fusion at it´s best. Spartacus, on the famous Harvest Label from 1975 . It´s a must have @Full Range 

253851656_TriumviratSpartakuskleiner.thumb.jpg.2b232462ca337734e83cff7e8de0b797.jpg

• Like 2

Full Range & MicroMara play nice in the sandbox now...

I've been giving my ears a break but have been a busy boy lately.  My Linn hits the closest dealer tomorrow and it's a 5 hour round trip but the Linn schooled tech is going to have it turned around for me so I can bring it home after about 3-4 hours on his bench.

Yea, I KNOW what you guys are thinking.  Do it yourself and save the money BUT in my defense this table hasn't been touched in 40 years only because I didn't know where to take it and who to trust.  Quite a few things are in need of a good tweeking. Factory parts are slim it seems, but naturally there are millions of them on ebay.  Maybe.  We all know ebay.

Went into C.Y.A. mode yesterday here in the hood at my new place.  In the late 70's at my old place I had a couple jerks decide to kick the back door in and try to roll my stack rack out.  Neighbor busted them and saved my rear.  Alarm system went in the next day.  I got lucky.

Now it's time to go into prevent defense.  So yesterday I had the dude come out and wire this place up.  It's a great area with lots of good peeps just as the other place was but w/the amount of idiots/junkies out there today I went with it.  Would be so easy just to drive around back, kick in the french doors, spend 10 minutes and I'd come home to an empty room.  Guess it's that ounce of prevention thingy.  Now I can relax and work on the shrine in here w/o worrying.

Now we'll see what tomorrow brings!  I've actually been telling myself "just make sure you don't buy a new one."  Decisions, decisions!  lololol  Lawdy, just say NO!!  😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

am going crazy, I find my third album by Triumvirat . Of course I put it on immediately. These are the German Genesis, Yes and EL & P . Thats Jazz Rock Fusion at it´s best. Spartacus, on the famous Harvest Label from 1975 . It´s a must have

I have 2 Triumvirat albums on CD 

• Like 1

Needed something vapid, instead I got “I’m going in you again ...’ - “ram it ram it...”

Too long since I spun this Baltimore boy. Was in a carpool with his cousin way, way back - she was sweet!

she used to sing Zappa to me “you’re an ******* you’re an *******”

Frank Zappa Sheik Yerbouti

4924E330-A550-40C9-AFCA-50A6901FD9AE.jpeg

• Like 4

Well my stash is all new to me and apparently The Henry Paul Band is alright southern leaning rock but not anything that stands out to me.

This is unique and will get a second listen.

IMG-20200825-191136.jpg

"Recorded Live at the Mississippi River Festival" from `74

Strings, Brass, Jazzy Funky Rockin' Guitar & keyboards, no vocals yet and I'm on side two.

• Like 3

From the storage vault LP #2 

From 1989 some complex electronic / experimental music 

And this one is noted as a South African pressing 

Sounds wonderful on a good system

This album needs to be listened to a few times for the tracks to fully reveal themselves 

Album cover is a set of ( cool ) Bowers & Wilkins  Emphasis Speakers 

Artist - Art Of Noise 

Title - Below The Waste 

5-BD1-E92-A-FEC2-4-EA6-B8-A0-64-B47-CF7-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@JohnJ  ( Deodato ) that´s  ..easy and relaxing floating timeless groove .

@Full Range  The Emphasis in the design of a wind instrument was a decidedly futuristic model. The continuously enlarging tube of the case already anticipated the later Nautilus technique. It was already built in 1974 by B&W UK ..

csm_BW_Emphasis_1c2f5b3e56.jpg

In 1993, the Nautilus in snail form was a sensation and an important technology carrier. It is still being built today !

Bowers&Wilkins Nautilus Standlautsprecher: Tests & Erfahrungen im ...

.....AON , got it as CD since decades , still nice to listen , but Moments in Love from AON ist their nicest production .

• Like 3