Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@JohnJ  was thinking all the time how I know the name DEODATO, I just remembered and googled a bit

Eumir Deaodato has participated as pianist/keyboardist, producer, or arranger in over 450 albums, and has won 16 platinum records. The list of top artists with whom he has collaborated is too extensive to cite, but includes Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Tom Jobim, Wes Montgomery, João Donato, Kool & the Gang (group with which he played between 1979 and 1983), Earth, Wind & Fire, and Michael Franks. He has also worked on the soundtracks of major films, like The Onion Field, The Exorcist, and many others. Artists who have recorded his compositions include Sarah Vaughan, Milt Jackson, Joe Pass, George Benson, Lee Ritenour, Perez Prado, and the Emotions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Roy Buchanan (actually Leroy Buchanan) was a blues rock guitarist who influenced numerous guitarists. He often came into conflict with the law and had alcohol problems. On August 14, 1988, Roy Buchanan was arrested for drunkenness after a serious argument with his wife. Later he was found dead in his cell - according to the official report, hanged with his own T-shirt.

713781897_RoyBuchanankleiner.thumb.jpg.a12c5cda4ae9ef8aea4ffc62333ddf9b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Roger Chapman and the Short List with his record " Mail Order MAgic " from 1980 . He has a unique trembling voice and plays his guitar superbly. A great modern Blues album . The lyrics are quite sociocritical. The Inside Record  Inlays are well done

RogerChapmankleiner.thumb.jpg.d054509acdc3f9695e98243390487bb0.jpg

Roger Chapman–Mail Order Magic(Vinyl LP)Cover Mint-,Vinyl Mint- in  Brandenburg - Blankenfelde-Mahlow | Musik und CDs gebraucht kaufen | eBay  Kleinanzeigen  ROGER CHAPMAN ‎MAIL Order Magic (He Was She Was Higher Ground) OIS LP  Vinyl, 154 - EUR 6,99 | PicClick DE

• Like 3

Yes, I'm barely breathing after today's trip.  Done but they won!  Tom told me initially there would be a noticeable bass increase, which as nice considering the LS usually seem to be lacking.  It'll drop, which will make the mids & tweets shine even more than they are tonight he added.  So far, so good.  Dynavector DV-20X3H.  Got some cooking to do!  :)

IMG-20200826-192931348.jpg

• Like 3

Sounds great so far.  The dude was great.  He said in an out in 4 hours.  Was 3 minutes early.  Replaced 3 caps and 5-6 resisters in the Valhalla board, springs, went over the tone arm, oil change, set the cart up, put on the trampoline base board.  Funny thing about it the table never got turned over.  He had it in the stand and just reached under and did the work.  Guess he should know where that g-spot is after 25 years working on them.  Dated the table @ '90 or '91.  Can't believe I ran that Linn cart all those years.  About time for an over-haul too.  This thing is totally handling anything I throw at it.  The grin is ON!

😎  😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Sounds great so far.  The dude was great.  He said in an out in 4 hours.  Was 3 minutes early.  Replaced 3 caps and 5-6 resisters in the Valhalla board, springs, went over the tone arm, oil change, set the cart up, put on the trampoline base board.  Funny thing about it the table never got turned over.  He had it in the stand and just reached under and did the work.  Guess he should know where that g-spot is after 25 years working on them.  Dated the table @ '90 or '91.  Can't believe I ran that Linn cart all those years.  About time for an over-haul too.  This thing is totally handling anything I throw at it.  The grin is ON!

😎  😂

That is a good news story - and money well spent 🎶🤘

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Inspired by @Dave1290 service activities I gave my Micro Seiki a " Full Service " last night. I changed the oil for the lift and the drive, soldered new pins to the inner wiring of the tonearm for the connections to the pickups, soldered new RCA Rhodium sockets and completely decoupled the whole unit. I still had some Sorbothane pads left and glued them between the stands. I also added some Sorbothane pads to the decoupling plate on which the whole unit stands. I listened to a few records in rehearsal. Better dynamics, more smooth running, more sound in the room in the whole frequency spectrum. Also the locatability has improved. I believe that after 3 years the service was really neccessary.  I have vacation at present, has well 8 hours taken........ ................NIGHTSHIFT! It looks after 38 years as if I bought it this morning and just unpacked and set it up

smilie_love_299.gif

Micro4kleiner.thumb.jpg.bcba9e96a5bb7439b093f3dc0ff83d9f.jpgMicro3kleiner.thumb.jpg.ce2312dc3a5799c076ed194d5161bcbd.jpgMicro7kleiner.thumb.jpg.efe32df7bd724a0ca72a27ab897129fa.jpgMicro8kleiner.thumb.jpg.c14aa535cf186339b11f448d851770a4.jpgMicro5kleiner.thumb.jpg.fc122141d362d91fb234a6a97e63430d.jpgMicro1kleiner.thumb.jpg.c8bc3be3e3a87e976a12554d56a1e2d9.jpgMicro2kleiner.thumb.jpg.93431d25c5ca26e55ad48dc82cfd8de7.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

If your improved Klipsch weren't, your turntable is a freaking museum piece!

Gorgeous

This is no joke but exactly this TT was exhibited in the Museum of modern Art in NY in the late 1970s and was considered futuristic. Today you can see how many manufacturers have developed this basic concept further. 

Transrotor Fat Bob S TMD | Hifi Phono HouseEye Candy | What's Best Audio and Video Forum. The Best High End Audio  Forum on the planet!

Grand Prix Audio Monaco turntable - Krispy Audio  image.jpeg.41a21cb7911e84163d439cbcf5d7461a.jpegimages?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR77M7KlF-WuQgucOKW9

• Like 3