Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Sound good @Dave1290 and welcome back!

Get some of those good ones on and marvel in the differences like we all have when we made changes to gear or settings before!

"Good ones?"  hahaha!  I'm now making piles after listening, which is NOT good imo!  They just keep getting taller and taller for some strange reason.  I saved the best part of my system for last and just wow.  I was actually thinking a sub but this cart has quashed those thoughts.  Heavy now but mellowing a bit in time w/more pronounced mids and highs?  Yea, I can live with that.  This thing sounds truly amazing.

Buddy stopped last nite and thought I was going to play stuff HE wanted to hear.  How much did it cost ya to get the work done?  I laffed at him and said, "You sound like someone's wife now STFU and enjoy!  "Unless you're splitting the cost with me I don't want to hear a peep for the next few days.  Stop anytime if you want but this is NOT all about you!"  hahahaha  Was great for a laff and he took it pretty well too!  😂   😂   :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I also found this record again in one of the boxes.  . The last record I will listen to tonight is Genesis, Nursery Crimes, the third album from 1971, original Philips Label.I now have a total of 11 albums from Genesis. I will give my entire record collection to my 12 year old son when he is older. Then he will be able to digitize them all and save them on a harddisc, I will listen to them on a swing chair with a high tech hearing aid in my ears.  laughing-smile.gif

344847873_Genesisnurserycrimeskleiner.thumb.jpg.0eaeead13daaf5d634a845026e7d20bb.jpg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Full Range said:

This is my favourite Genesis album 

Play me my song.
Here it comes again.
Play me my song.
Here it comes again.

I've been waiting here for so long
And all this time has passed me by
It doesn't seem to matter now
You stand there with your fixed expression
Casting doubt on all I have to say.

• Like 4

Like ones you know and present a certain sound or frequencies that you want to hear how they are played by your new gear @Dave1290 !

I included the sounds of Claypool Lennon Delirium along with DSOTM, some acoustic Heart with Ann belting one out when I moved my rig recently. Along with several new to me gems.

Right now?

Just LOUD Rock-n-Roll :smile:

IMG-20200827-182529.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Like ones you know and present a certain sound or frequencies that you want to hear how they are played by your new gear @Dave1290 !

I included the sounds of Claypool Lennon Delirium along with DSOTM, some acoustic Heart with Ann belting one out when I moved my rig recently. Along with several new to me gems.

Right now?

Just LOUD Rock-n-Roll :smile:

IMG-20200827-182529.jpg

• Like 3

From the Vault LP #4

Now a Jazz fusion album that is an absolute gem 💎 💎💎 Released in 1977

If I was to give it a score out of 5 it would be 4.99 ( It’s a must listen to album ) 

A brilliant set of musicians have contributed to the making of this album including Jan Hammer and Mingo Lewis 

Read full artist list on the credits in the Discogs link below 

Artist - Al Di Meola 

Title - Elegant Gypsy 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Al-Di-Meola-Elegant-Gypsy/release/3384915

C060-B8-C3-BA5-B-4-D4-C-B7-DA-268-F2568-

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Know it's late already for you... patience, he'll knock your socks off soon!

He has a collection unlike mine... it's way varied.

I know that ...just a little bit fun before I´ll go asleep  smilie_gr_115.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1