Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

16 hours ago, Full Range said:

From the vault LP # 20 of over 30 
An album from 1979 and is geographic in nature - music from this album has been used in movies and films over many years 

Beautifully put together and you get the feeling you are transplanted into the world it was written for 

Artist - Vangelis ‎
Title -  China = 中國

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Vangelis-China-中國/release/904079

4-DFE738-D-5419-447-B-B841-C381472971-FA

China is a diamond .....The TAO of Love " I don't know many modern composers of electronic - classical music who are so gifted in reaching  the soul of a person. I think of the film music " Bladerunner "or " Chariots of fire " or clearly the movie of the discovery of America " 1492 " . But there are also less known albums like " Mask " with Gregorian monk songs and very sonorous chimes. You have to listen to and especially on your own stereo gear.

• Like 5

IF you honestly think I did that you're craaaaazy!  lolol  Been un-zippin a few new ones I've had stacked up waiting on the up-grade.  What a difference!  Annie Lennox teamed up w/Dave Stewart in the mid-70's and after two lp's nailed another one in 1983, "Torch."  Gotta love that woman, just captivating in every mysterious way of hers.

IMG-20200907-000336258.jpg

IMG-20200908-211627197.jpg

Don't EVEN tell me you didn't listen to John Kay and the boys.  1968 they began and really did things the RIGHT way for so many rockers.  "Steppenwolf sold over 25 million records worldwide, released eight gold albums and 12 Billboard Hot 100 singles, of which six were top 40 hits,[8] including three top 10 successes: "Born to Be Wild", "Magic Carpet Ride", and "Rock Me". (source Wikileaks)  Wait, I mean Wikipedia.  While MicroMara & FullRange were sippin their big dark drafts we were throwin down Little King Ales and creating some semblance of today's "mosh pit."  :)  Great LP ya better grab one while you can! 

pot.jpg

EC tossin out a 3 lp package?  Seriously, 3???  What a killer crew though.  When JJ Cale & EC get down it's usually something magical and this lp IS truly magical.  EC,  JJ, Derek Trucks, Doyle Bramhall II is just fantastic.  A side is normal for EC then JJ steps in for about 5-6, splits and the rest of the package is great and I do mean great!  Pricey but WELL worth the money w/JJ on it w/EC.  Should go fast I think.

IMG-20200909-134404094.jpg

These guys?  Want some?  Yea, ya better grab this one too.  They be cookin!  :)

IMG-20200909-155144730.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

IF you honestly think I did that you're craaaaazy!  lolol  Been un-zippin a few new ones I've had stacked up waiting on the up-grade.  What a difference!  Annie Lennox teamed up w/Dave Stewart in the mid-70's and after two lp's nailed another one in 1983, "Torch."  Gotta love that woman, just captivating in every mysterious way of hers.

pot.jpg

Thought you were just being provocative :P but it looks seriously crazy on your part!!

Magical? That bud is.

Got to like Mr. Bramhill III from the Clapton Guitar festivals in Chicago that were always televised. Those introduced me to Trucks and Tedeschi too! JJ was there once or twice and got airplay also.

Good Set there!

Excellent LP @MicroMara and the tune is a fave of many YES fans!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It's not over yet!

Took me two hours of moving records last night and I ended up with AC/DC - Queensryche in the crates then Rainbow - ZZ Top under the components.

Yep those Winter bros were putting out some good music when I was in the second grade... too bad I just got some of theirs!

• Like 4

Ran across this one last night.  Gave it a hmmmmm then wondered how I got it.  I can neither confirm or deny I bought it.  lol

IMG-20200831-213210339.jpg

Figured I may as well be totally worthless today so just threw this one on to see what was happening in the world of Metallica.  S&M 2 with the San Francisco symphony.  $70 is insane but it is 4 lp's in a double fold-over cover, which still didn't justify my purchase. The thing that did was the fact I have none, nope, zero Metallica anything and if they're with a symphony it should be pretty good.  Cya @ the end of the 4th if I haven't committed Hari-kari.  :)

IMG-20200909-163716764.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

YES  YES  YES   it´s a postcard stamp , Value ?  ....unaffordable.....1977 " Going for the one " Recorded at St Martins Church Vevey , SWITZERLAND

Fantastic album 

Well just about all Yes albums are great - one is not enough 🤪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

In honor of that super colorful tasty-bud:

This one makes my sub sound happy!

Swear that looked like him in the vid up above on the keyboards.

PXL-20200909-201401278.jpg

This is probably his best album in my opinion 

Apparently he wrote another song but could not fit on the LP 

Think it’s in my vault LPs list 

• Like 4

This one WOW. I've heard parts of this maybe when they did that awful show here after 90125? It was a f'n medly. Not a single whole song in it, but down in Atlanta 3 hours south of here they were great and played an hour + longer too.

Oh well, something happened here that time I guess. Back to the record.. it lasted for a while through my making and eating the experimental pasta with the Italian dressing, black olives, tomatos, parmesan and some red pepper.

PXL-20200909-213136756.jpg

• Like 4