Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

From the vault LP # 22 of over 30 

Another debut album for a new band that was beautifully put together 

Ex Genesis member Mike Rutherford formed another band as a side project after 2 solo efforts 

The rest as they say - is history 

Artist - Mike + The Mechanics
Title - Mike + The Mechanics

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Mike-The-Mechanics-Mike-The-Mechanics/release/3740438

D4-AD84-CB-70-BE-481-B-BE3-E-11-D92-A1-D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

@JohnJ  YES YES YES  " tales from topographic oceans " This is a great album. YES songs I have also, for over 40 years, never managed to listen to all 3 records. I also know nobody who has managed to do that so far. Did you make it yesterday ?

I have listened to all 3 records with a coffee in between 

Must be a marathon listener 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Range   Can you hear me running ? Breathless through the night   smilie_sp_300.gif          "Can you hear me running" was the big hit on the album.

Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave but don't leave me
Look around, choose your own ground
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all your touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be

Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@JohnJ  YES YES YES  " tales from topographic oceans " This is a great album. YES songs I have also, for over 40 years, never managed to listen to all 3 records. I also know nobody who has managed to do that so far. Did you make it yesterday ?

never owned it.. but I borrowed it

and never listened to the whole thing..

but I was always able to listen.. the entirety of elp

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Went through the Tormato and had forgotten about the UFO tune it's been so long. Tales from some of the stanzas I recognized but that's an interesting "statement" record. Need to read that prologue about Tokyo this am. The band sounds so much better in the new environment!

No.

Yessongs I made it through five sides... man I wanted to hear Yours Is No... and Starship... but I'd been running back and forth to flip, dust and restart records for hours. On top of the cooking (boiling & straining) & cleanup in the kitchen, the phone calls and I was done for the day.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

never owned it.. but I borrowed it

and never listened to the whole thing..

but I was always able to listen.. the entirety of elp

I see no comparison between these two bands. That guy is just wanting webpage views.

Just both on the eclectic, progressive side of R&R.

• Like 4

Pushin 2PM and I'm thunkin, which is scary.  Made it thru 2 of the Metallica lp's and caved.  Gonna warm things up shortly and finish it.  So far not really impressed although the symphony works nicely. :)  Who knows whats next up on the table today.  Thunkin though...  

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'When you know that nothing can kill you!'

Think I'll clean a stack of something.  Beatles, Stones, Walsh, Genesis, Yes to start.  That should take a couple days.  hahaha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Perfect caption to that picture @Dave1290

You get their new one yet?

Seems like you'd have to dig Metallica's sound already and maybe the orchestra would work for you.

With the wall of records you have... it's gonna take a couple of years and that's with ten or more hours a week :rolleyes:

Are you amazed with the before and after difference like I was?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Famous Blue Raincoat: The Songs of Leonard Cohen is the sixth studio album recorded by the American singer Jennifer Warnes.Released in November 1986, Famous Blue Raincoat is a tribute to Leonard Cohen, with whom Warnes had toured as a backup singer in the 1970s. The album's songs span much of Cohen's career, from his 1969 album Songs from a Room to his 1984 album Various Positions (on which Warnes sang), and even two songs ("First We Take Manhattan" and "Ain't No Cure for Love") from Cohen's then-unreleased album I'm Your Man.

The idea for the album originated when Cohen assisted Warnes with the lyrics of "Song of Bernadette" while on tour in 1979. Warnes had suggested the album at Arista Records and later MCA Records with no luck. The album's producer, C. Roscoe Beck said, "Leonard seemed to be A&R poison.Guest contributors include guitarists Stevie Ray Vaughan, David Lindley and Robben Ford, drummer Vinnie Colaiuta, keyboardist Russell Ferrante, arranger Van Dyke Parks and Cohen himself duetting on "Joan of Arc".The album is the first record produced by Roscoe Beck. The liner notes include a cartoon by Cohen of a torch being passed with the caption, "Jenny Sings Lenny."

The album is simply beautiful to melt away ...........

957404328_JenniferWarneskleiner.thumb.jpg.cc6b01eca527645e8d5d18eed7ba17eb.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@JohnJ can I asked you which Model of Subwoofer do you have combined with the Forte III ? An german Klipsch Brother wants to know this. Thanx .

Wait.

You knew which cartridge and preamp I have by enlarging the pictures? :ohmy:

Thought you went to my page here or something then buddy!

https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-3000

I'd recommend going with our resident dealer here at the forums like I did. Not sure you can do that over there though.

Use mine just to extend down from 40 to 18 hz. I've played with up to the high 40s and 40 is alright with most music. Letting my amp do LFE I don't like because it overlaps way too much with the F3s competent output. With the phase adjustments on the android app it blends so well that it sounds to be coming from the Fortes themselves. The 2000 series would not do that, I tried that first and sent it back on the manufacturers trial deal, that's the one reason to buy directly through them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fleetwood Mac´s Tango in the Night , 1987 German Pressing ,WB Label

After the album Rumours this is the second best selling album of the band. Above all, it was a great sales success in Great Britain (number 1 in the album charts), Germany (number 2) and the United States (triple platinum). The songs Big Love, Little Lies and Everywhere contributed to this success. Four singles made it into the top 20 of the Billboard Hot 100, the last album Lindsey Buckingham worked on until his return to Fleetwood Mac in 1997. He had already left the Tango in the Night tour.56844838_FleetwoodMacTangokleiner.thumb.jpg.8f69babe286dea91a81fd8ac552e1643.jpg

• Like 2

@JohnJ  Of course I was often on your side, I always have to watch ice hockey at your page The program doesn't run anywhere else.  smilie_sp_120.gif

I didn't know that the name SVS SB 3000 describes the model of the subbass. I thought you were using one of the Klipsch Subbs. Thanx for the information.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2