Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Ok I don't remember the couple of tunes I'm hearing off of this record now. Tull with brass and woodwinds? Then one starting with a soft jazz sound and Ian's flute!

Probably- Song For Jeffrey or Dharma For One

The jazziest one is 

Some Day The Sun Won't Shine For You

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From the vault LP # 39 from over 40 and getting close to the end 

Another brilliant jazz fusion album that “many say“ along with the last album is “Musically “ at the peak of perfection 
It’s a must listen to album but it must be more than once @MicroMara

Artist - Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea ‎

Title - Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Return-To-Forever-Featuring-Chick-Corea-Hymn-Of-The-Seventh-Galaxy/release/1002060

Its a German release and the cover art differs from the normal release 

FC0-CBDA5-54-A1-4923-98-B2-E9-C1-E20-E24

• Like 4

Like the face mask @Dave1290

Come to think of it, my copy of that fantastic record has Micks face behind a sheer curtain or veil thing like a mask!

That head in the tomato sauce is just gross... bleeeeaaaa

* oh and so is that guy in the g string kind of worse that than big-uns in leotards at the grocery store when I was in FL.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

From the vault Lp # 40 

Finishing off with a trio from the same artist and order of release 

The first one is actually a second copy but the same release ID 

This album is part of a trio 

Caravanserai 

Welcome 

Borboletta 

A story of Caravanserai -  is the eternal cycle of reincarnation, every soul going into and out of life

Artist - Santana

Title - Caravanserai 

ECD1-CE7-B-10-D9-4-E88-BB01-3-A952-C2-AD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Soupe de tête de chèvre? Bien sûr, pourquoi ne pas l'essayer? Propre comme un sifflet! Nouveau masque de covid, mais essayant toujours de décider de l'encadrer ou de le porter pour faire de la confiture demain soir .. lol Peut-être une petite bombasse ou oh ben tant pis ...  :)  

IMG-20200924-165351253.jpg

IMG-20200924-150426657.jpg

😂   😎

Hi !

Best song on the album about Mick Jagger's relationship with Carly Simon, I hope the track isn't "Banned" at Home...

https://youtu.be/b1zgmM2lalo

• Like 2

@mustang_flht it used to be on the radio a lot back in the day. Got to say it yet again, I love how they meld the guitar and keyboards together on this release! Can not choose a favorite Stones record. It's between "Goats Head Soup" and "Some Girls". They are completely different from different Stones genres if you will. So they are both my favorites then!

• Like 1

From the vault LP #41 

Second LP of the trio by Santana 

This album has a serenity about it that is just beautiful to the ears 

An overall band melding that is not dominated by the guitar of Carlos 
Some beautiful soulful moments on this album 

Artist - Santana 

Title - Welcome 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Santana-Welcome/release/6456354

273112-B2-C043-4171-BCF1-C2-E0-A77-BE37-

• Like 4

Yuppers, "Star Star" IS on the new "Soup" LP.  Now let's see how many NOS releases Mick can come up with working his business magic.  Geez it could run forever! 😂

Kicked back listening to this "old as dirt" dude gettin all bluesy n stuff.  Legendary on that Strat w/his Marshall amps.  At 74 now, he just keeps gettin it.  "Coming Closer to the Day."  Worth it?  Would I have it if it wasn't?  Smooth as silk and I'm truly enjoying it.  It's ALL Robin Trower so yea ya might wanna!  Guarantee you'll be jammin it's that good!  :)

IMG-20200926-144303424.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The 2nd RSD drop was good to me this afternoon.  Scored a Roger Waters - The Wall- "Live in Berlin" and an Allan Holdsworth "Road Games", which they only got 10 of.  Kind of strange since their doors opened to customers this morning and they closed @330.  At 4 you could buy anything left online.  Never thought I'd get that Holdsworth lp yet they had 6 left @ 4. None @ midnight.  Obviously these kids today are lost!  Every group I've never heard of were sold out.  lolol

Stack left to unzip so we'll see what tomorrow brings.  Bit over-served tonight @ jam night soooo...  hahahaha  Nope!  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AC/DC?  Yup!  Not really into live albums that much but man this one sounds fantastic.  Only problem?  Ya need a pair of pliers to pull the lp out of the sleeve.  Maybe just my copy but it's the hardest one I've ever had to pull out.  All 3 lp's are the same way.  In the Mofi sleeves now!

IMG-20200928-010607057.jpg

• Like 3

Yes-sir-re Dave, don't you hate it when you have to grab the leading edge of the record?

Dog eat dog
Read the news
Someone win
Someone lose
Up's above and down's below
And limbo's in between
Up, you win
Down, you lose
It's anybody's game

• Thanks 1