Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 10/21/2020 at 11:09 PM, MicroMara said:

I just removed the Benz Micro Moving Coil pickup, which was a real pain in my ears, despite the excellent MC transistor phono preamplifier. I couldn't stand it anymore. Therefore I connected an Audio Technica AT 20 SLA Moving Magnet cartridge with Shibata needle grinding. Now I am happy again, what a fantastic pickup .

20201021_225623.thumb.jpg.64e5e930e854d8a42b21068a97ba2462.jpg 

I confirm the ATs are great and very well balanced for our vinyls. The new VM range is very good from low to high, I love my VM740ML

4w1c.jpg

In the 80s I had this splendid AT33 and I have fond memories of it.

bpfr.jpg

• Like 6

On 10/22/2020 at 11:55 PM, Dave1290 said:

Gotta love Sticky Fingers but that "Thru the Past Darkly" LP has a bit of sentimental value to me.  A Buck Sergeant had just come back from Nam and shipped his stereo back to Ft. Benning.  Couldn't figure out where the smell of pot was coming from in the barracks so I walked down the hall and found the room.  Kinda watched to see who had it.  Remember the guys name started w/a Z but clueless.  Seemed like a strange dude then one night he had that album on w/the door open so I walked down.  First time I heard it and it sounded great on his system.  Next thing I know he closed the door and pulled out a joint and offered it to me.  Like pot?  In the Barracks?  Seriously?  Talking jail?  Ummm Nah!  So he opened up the back of his big Sansui speakers and turned the light on.  He sent back 4 speakers and each one was packed full of Thai stick, black tar opium and pot.  This dude was NUTS but didn't really care about anything.  He smoked every night until his ETS.  Great album!  hahaha 

Dude brought back his Sansui system from station in Korea. 

Didn't put it there, put in in picture frames of art shipped to himself by mail. After a couple of shipments, he was home when last package arrived. Postal inspector showed up. Found he had left package unopened. Came back again, the same. Finally after many months he opened as the 4 previous lbs of Korean highly manicured was getting low by then.

They sure enjoyed that as it lasted along time, by filling a Meerschaum

and passing around. No Nam for him 

BTW, like all the Stones music from that and earlier. Classic!

• Like 4

On 9/1/2020 at 6:52 PM, Full Range said:

From the vault LP #10 from over 30 

Lets travel back to 1989 to when this album was released 

A solo album from a famous name in rock 

Helped along by some great musicians 

Bass [Stringed Instruments] – Paul Martinez

Drums [Drums And Percussion] – Cozy Powell, Phil Collins

Guitar [Stringed Instruments] – Robbie Blunt

Keyboards [Keys] – Jezz Woodroffe

Artist - Robert Plant ‎
Title - Pictures At Eleven
Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Robert-Plant-Pictures-At-Eleven/release/5056980

E72-F0-F82-DE32-4061-AC97-6-BE594-B67201

That album still holds up today, pretty good. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yes @MicroMara that and the Stones in the funny Traffic-like cover and an original Papa John Creech like the Ford guy has! But those landed at my doorstep, this one I noticed before I paid for it a strange proclamation on the back of it "Digital"... a digital record. It still is remarkably clear for a live record... but a good sound team could do that like the REO Live was astounding when it came out to be so clear.

Anyhow I was into RUSH heavily and they just up and changed, totally. That's when I found these guys.

SAGA:

In Transit

PXL-20201024-200740713.jpg

PXL-20201024-200757562.jpg

• Like 7

Digging all the Audio-Technica love here lately. That MM cart you are using George is famous as much as the AT150 MLX was, you are fortunate to have a working one on hand!

PXL-20201024-201748564.jpg

These new cameras show everything. Don't they?

Edited by JohnJ
Digging damnit msft
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Digging all the Audio-Technica love here lately. That MM cart you are using George is famous as much as the AT150 MLX was, you are fortunate to have a working one on hand!

PXL-20201024-201748564.jpg

These new cameras show everything. Don't they?

we should call this Audio Technica Vinyl Record Spinning Thread   crying-with-laughter.gif

Yeah indeed, nice picture with the new camera, just using my smart phone for pictures ......

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yes @MicroMara that and the Stones in the funny Traffic-like cover and an original Papa John Creech like the Ford guy has! But those landed at my doorstep, this one I noticed before I paid for it a strange proclamation on the back of it "Digital"... a digital record. It still is remarkably clear for a live record... but a good sound team could do that like the REO Live was astounding when it came out to be so clear.

Anyhow I was into RUSH heavily and they just up and changed, totally. That's when I found these guys.

SAGA:

In Transit

PXL-20201024-200740713.jpg

PXL-20201024-200757562.jpg

M I N E  !!!!

SAga.thumb.jpg.3f70c79dba7a10fedb0c9e62ca0af628.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

we should call this Audio Technica Vinyl Record Spinning Thread   crying-with-laughter.gif

Yeah indeed, nice picture with the new camera, just using my smart phone for pictures ......

It's my two year old Pixel phone but I did not see the dust on the top of the tonearm with my old eyes until I saw it in the photo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@KROCK Had that tt only for a couple months, didn't work out for me at all.

Ended up with a technological marvel on the new tt.

This is the RUSH that surprised me and it took some getting used to for the hard-headed rocker that I was then. Love it since!

PXL-20201024-203853225.jpg

Newest & Best AT cart I've ever had:

PXL-20201024-204607344.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
music
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The " Hana´MC´s " are as boring as the " Micro Benz MC`s " ...total analytical, total emotionless

Wasn't aware of that they always have glowing reviews. Then again since that first AT I got (early 1980s) with the micro fine linear diamond shape I have not turned back to a lesser shape. Convinced that is why some of my 40 year old records that survived the keggers still sound good!

• Like 5