Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You might recall some of it if you ever went to one of those places as a teen with the strobe lights and the bee gees & Donna Summer playing real loud!

*Got one of the tunes to stick up there. Funny they didn't really look close at the drivers license back then!

As a teen saw many bands like Hendrix, Fudge, etc. Went to Daytona Beach at 46 y/o, checked into a highrise hotel with an Aztec symbol. called a cab and went to a nightclub close by. Had a DJ, ball and Disco floor, off season and mostly empty midweek. Had a couple and danced by myself.

Good time. Walked back to room, stopping at a pastie bar along the way. Next day, pizza delivery, a nice hot bath. Ready again...

Am sure I was a spectacle...🤡

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, billybob said:

As a teen saw many bands like Hendrix, Fudge, etc. Went to Daytona Beach at 46 y/o, checked into a highrise hotel with an Aztec symbol. called a cab and went to a nightclub close by. Had a DJ, ball and Disco floor, off season and mostly empty midweek. Had a couple and danced by myself.

Good time. Walked back to room, stopping at a pastie bar along the way. Next day, pizza delivery, a nice hot bath. Ready again...

Am sure I was a spectacle...🤡

I know that hotel, stayed there once in the 80s when I went with a friend.

In the 1990s living there I painted it once... with about six other guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

I know that hotel, stayed there once in the 80s when I went with a friend.

In the 1990s living there I painted it once... with about six other guys.

Yes man, and when there by myself or wife, gf, usually stayed at places near the pier...think it was the Mayan just thinking. Party town...

• Like 1

That's the name @billybob!

You laugh at how I'm wired.... to dance to the Shenker Brothers rockin out! Love it and it made me chuckle.

Can't help it and I couldn't hide it either!

These guys made me dance too... and they could see it in the smaller places they played here. hey sometimes I got lucky shakin' it to that good music. Didn't matter, like you said have a blast...

PXL-20201029-223128200.jpg

Dare ya!

Dare ya to listen to this LP and not even feel your feet start to shuffle a little:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Alright @MicroMara I did not forget about you bruder! Maybe I'll catch you before you retire tonight!

This doesn't really go with the ARS I just played but does go good with the volume on the sub turned up a little from 28 to 22. I remember the "Move Out" chorus from one of the songs from long, long ago in another life. This was in all the records with plastic still on it but opened as if it had been played. It was the only one like that. Did not go with all the others that came in either. I think there was more to that collection that I never saw but heck I've got no problem with how that turned out!

Anyhow if I had played some Depeche Mode this would follow well maybe since the guy here was in that band, Allison Moyet has got some funky in her and a voice too! 

PXL-20201029-212714617.jpg

At the time of the New Wave and the New Romantic sound, Depeche Mode had an incredible number of hits in Europe, especially in the discotheques with many extended mixes above 45 RPM. I couldn't stand it anymore because I had put on so much of Depeche Mode. This was one of my favorite songs ...Al cried out by Allison Moyet...btw...can´t see the linked video 😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

wondered about that most wouldn't even let me post them here. Search for Situation... not Godsmack. although that is great but by Yaz and it's a funky masterpiece by what was being played then. Don't know why I sat on it for so long before posting but you have posted some seriously funked up music like for those raves that popped up at abandoned warehoused that were all over in the 90s here in the states. This would have been there if it had been the early 80s when the did the g or whatever and got weird. It was a different weird in the late 70s early 80s... different dope too!

Depeche Mode are incredible!

Will listen to vid in a few, faces are shaking the walls right now!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Yes man, and when there by myself or wife, gf, usually stayed at places near the pier...think it was the Mayan just thinking. Party town...

Yea in the 90s the bandshell, spring break.. the Hawaiian-Tropic-House. Naked beach south of New Smyrna!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JohnJ said:

Yea in the 90s the bandshell, spring break.. the Hawaiian-Tropic-House. Naked beach south of New Smyrna!

The only other beach town where actually lived instead of just visiting like Daytona was PCB... beautiful and fun to say the least. town but, knew and met some locals there after and before my divorce.

Of course. Mexico Beach, Cape San Blas, Cocoa, South Beach, St. Augustine, Jax ... Titusville. Now, here.

Yeah, I was a bit of a heliotrope, lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Are you ready for some mystery 60s style 

First released in 1967 -  and as a TV musical with strange happenings during a bus tour 

This album is also part of the Mono Reissue series 

Some of the bands best songs are on this record - What song tickles your fancy 

Overlooking the classic favourites - I kinda like Fool On The Hill 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - Musical Mystery Tour 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Magical-Mystery-Tour/release/6075230

B3-CB9-BAC-42-E6-4783-AFD3-07-EE7-B1-CB8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Are you ready for some mystery 60s style 

First released in 1967 -  and as a TV musical with strange happenings during a bus tour 

This album is also part of the Mono Reissue series 

Some of the bands best songs are on this record - What song tickles your fancy 

Overlooking the classic favourites - I kinda like Fool On The Hill 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - Musical Mystery Tour 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Magical-Mystery-Tour/release/6075230

B3-CB9-BAC-42-E6-4783-AFD3-07-EE7-B1-CB8

do you use a mono pick up for all those mono records from the beatles ?

• Thanks 1

PXL-20201029-234953151.jpg

Probably the generation that I'm from, but that has to be the most beautiful record label ever!

PXL-20201029-235042897.jpg

One that my puppy ate that time in the 90s. So nice to have it again as a record, could not live without it in my collection so had it on cd for years. They rarely compare to this

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

do you use a mono pick up for all those mono records from the beatles ?

No just the regular cartridge -  But I use the mono setting on either my amp or the Puffin phono stage 

They both have a mono setting / function 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1