Now spinning another of the Mono series LPs by The Fab 4 

Probably the most Psycadelic album by the band 

I like the track Tomorrow Never Knows 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - Revolver 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Revolver/release/6074863

20-AE1-D07-EA40-462-F-A3-A2-61755-BC6207

Taxman, Got to get you into my life.

Local band the Fugitives liked it too, lol.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

Now spinning another of the Mono series LPs by The Fab 4 

Probably the most Psycadelic album by the band 

I like the track Tomorrow Never Knows 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - Revolver 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Revolver/release/6074863

20-AE1-D07-EA40-462-F-A3-A2-61755-BC6207

..some backround information to the record..

Revolver is the seventh studio album of the British group The Beatles, which was released in Great Britain on August 5, 1966. In Germany, the album was already released on July 28, 1966; here, including the compilation albums, it was their eleventh album.In the USA, a version with only eleven instead of fourteen songs was released on August 5, 1966, here it was their 13th album. The British version of Revolver was released as a CD in the USA on July 21, 1987.

The development that had begun with Rubber Soul continued with the work on Revolver. The Beatles spent more and more time perfecting their sound in the studio and trying out sonic possibilities. Among other things, they experimented with backward running tapes, as can be heard in the songs I'm Only Sleeping and Tomorrow Never Knows. Ken Townshend, a sound engineer at Abbey Road Studios, developed a recording process at the request of the Beatles that uses an artificial double track to create a slightly delayed or advanced image of a recording track (Automatic double-tracking, ADT for short). This method was used intensively on Revolver for the first time. Geoff Emerick also tried to make the bass and drum sound more dominant.

While John Lennon had called Rubber Soul a "pot album" (pot = cannabis), he called Revolver the "acid album" (acid = colloquially the drug LSD), because the Beatles had meanwhile come into contact with LSD. The effects of the drug experiences were evident in the psychedelic pieces that the Beatles recorded for Revolver, which also became the forerunner of a new musical trend: psychedelic rock.

It was mainly John Lennon and George Harrison who composed psychedelic songs at an early age. In the meantime Harrison had dealt more intensively with Indian music, which was reflected in his song Love You To. The sitar used in the song on it later became a trademark of psychedelic music. While the instrument was used sparingly on the song Norwegian Wood, it was the main instrument on Love You To.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

anybody cares for ya guys ?   LOL

My baby cares for me ....Nina Simone , ZYX Records , 2015 , Printed in Germany , very audiophile quality...same as Ella before

900239024_NinaSimonemybabycares....thumb.jpg.f418b3d688e45ed33522b4e20e538bd1.jpg

Yes man, like that song abunch.

And Ella...read where you are using a mm on your TT ATM...

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes man, like that song abunch.

And Ella...read where you are using a mm on your TT ATM...

YES MAN   LOL ..it´s the AT 20 SLA with Shibata needle grinding ....connected to my phono tube preamp today....  what a sound stage ....I´m flying away ..so awesome

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

@billybob   looks like the Sansui has a tangential arm, that would have been one of the first ?

They made several model of linear.

My first linear and metal case.

When got off eBay early this year had what appeared to be original stylus. It kept sliding across test record. Thought dang. Finally upon closer inspection, discover needlebroken. Thought dang again.

Took the p- mount off of a Yamaha low to mid -fi with a Stanton cart/needle. Sounds lovely and not the first skip.

Have owned a vintage Sansui 250-c and several other Technics of course but, just hit play and then flip turn simple, auto return, cue, etc.

Lately, I have gotten players that sound better than they should. Some here remember my trips.

Guess I may go Ortophon next.lol...

• Like 3