Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Got Pictures? Wonderful cover on that one.

This thread isn't any different than the rest of these forums!

I'll get some shortly. 

Is there a way to know if a vinyl is original or a reissue?  On the self titled Boston album I have everything on the record and jacket say 1976.  On the Third Stage album everything says 1986.  Would there be a later year printed somewhere if it wasn't an original pressing?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I'll get some shortly. 

Is there a way to know if a vinyl is original or a reissue?  On the self titled Boston album I have everything on the record and jacket say 1976.  On the Third Stage album everything says 1986.  Would there be a later year printed somewhere if it wasn't an original pressing?

check out all your analogue requirements  here ...

https://www.discogs.com/

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I'll get some shortly. 

Yes there is @wuzzzer and it is not a wiki something

The music recording bible as I know it is at Discogs:

At their homepage I typed Boston Boston and searched. then over on the right under the dark header I chose all releases. That took me to the page you see below.

Find the catalog number on the spine of the cover or the fine print on the label and you will know!

https://www.discogs.com/Boston-Boston/master/59355

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

They argue that here to and we just turned ours one hour back this past Sunday morning!

Onto side three and four now didn't want to hear that opening song for some reason.

No problem got coffee now and I'm good until eleven or so I'd guess.

Our election we used to all vote the first Tuesday in November and that was it, we knew the winners the next morning!

Now two weeks before we can vote and by mail without rules this year. Some states allow the mail-ins to come for another ten days...... A leader on one side said we will know who won in January!! No joke she said that. I do not know what I will wake up to but it will not be dark around this house tonight and my flag will fly, or some other things might!

Inaccurate.  The media projections were made, but the final counts were never certified on the night or the next morning.  The courts are interpreting the "rules" or laws as they exist and they vary state by state.  I would suggest rereading the constitution.  Furthermore, the real election is not until December 14th, as the constitution prescribes.  the actual results of that vote are then presented to Congress in January...again check it out, and quit pretending to be so incredulous.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

The only good thing is that the record in the video is spinning ... Doesn´t have the class of his first solo debut album ..... imo......smilie_denk_46.gif

I agree that this record release is not musically as good as the solo / 1st release

• Like 2

Well round #1 of cleaning up everyone else's leaves is now complete!  Supposed to be warming up the rest of the week and hitting 70 on Sunday.  Then next week it takes a dump and keeps going down.  My rear is dragging but it's only 1 of 4 every year.  So much fun living in Sherwood Forest!  Couch is looking pretty good but I'd just go to sleep and be up all night.  Ugh!

• Like 6

@dirtmudd & @Full Range

I have something you don´t have ! If so ... why hasn't anyone played it yet ? It should be one of the first records of Genesis. Decca Label, 1968 & 1969. 4 songs still produced in mono.I found this album today  in a sec. hand record store.  L O L  It´s marvelous. It´s in first class condition without a crack. Just listening to the record right now.......

Side I

Where the sour turns to sweet ( Mono )

In the Beginning ( Mono )

Fireside Song

The Serpent

Am I very wrong

In the Wilderness

Side II

The Conqueror

In Hiding

Window

In Limbo

Silent Sun ( Mono )

A Place to call my own ( Mono )

1210911048_Genesistorevelation.thumb.jpg.786993016acd5eb6572a4cc5e3b4ce92.jpg

• Like 4

Have a few to unzip so starting with this...  Tangerine Dream's "LiveMiles" a double album released in 1988 and a Record Store Day find w/only 2000 made world-wide.  Sweet album too!  1st lp was recorded live in Albuquerque and the 2nd in West Berlin.  Whisper quiet for a live album and sounds amazing!  Few more laying here but I'm keeping a close eye on the election results!  They're not gonna get over on me!  😂

IMG-20201104-171948490.jpg

• Like 5

Well, good evening / morning to you all............as always, trying to make a visit here more often.  At the request of another RTM member, we are actually enjoying a MID WEEK listening session.   With that, I am currently in a Herb Alpert mode.  Started with a mellow jazz CD called 'Midnight Sun'.  Then went to the vinyl library here in LFMH and pulled out 'Beyond'.  A bit of dance/disco flair and the first time I have run the DUAL 506 table since setting up the listening room with TWO completely independent systems to different locations here in the Hall.

Photo - front cover art....IMG-0020.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1