Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Stopped by my local Walmart tonight and was pleased at their vinyl selection.  Was pretty surprised at the prices.  Of course I have to get in to this when prices are up.

I didn't buy anything but I did order The Wall online which should be here by the weekend along with a pack of record cleaning cloths.

I also messaged a local guy who has an unopened original 1982 Huey Lewis "Picture This" album that hopefully I'll get.

I'm going to have to make some spending adjustments so I can fund this new madness. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I'm going to have to make some spending adjustments so I can fund this new madness. 

Adjustments?  I've adjusted  my entire life AROUND my album collection.  I'm sure quite a few of us have but then we're ancient too.  My youngest daughter was clueless until she heard my system.  Then the next thing I knew she was taking pics of stuff and sending them to those she knew she drank with in college.  Perfect!  They loved it and I put in my alarm system.   Save the money and sometime when ya hit town find a record store.  Nothing's wrong w/buying used until you get old like me and become addicted to the new re-mastered stuff out there.  Vinyl is where it's at.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Hey there Wuzzzer, good on getting some new and vintage vinyl!    Ok, on to SIDE B IMG-0024.jpg

Gary ....Where´s your HOT RED Rega TT ?  Stil love the Dual TT`S ( not because of the fact that it´s a german Branch ) . Think you got a bigger Collection of TT`S and hides them . 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@dirtmudd & @Full Range

I have something you don´t have ! If so ... why hasn't anyone played it yet ? It should be one of the first records of Genesis. Decca Label, 1968 & 1969. 4 songs still produced in mono.I found this album today  in a sec. hand record store.  L O L  It´s marvelous. It´s in first class condition without a crack. Just listening to the record right now.......

Side I

Where the sour turns to sweet ( Mono )

In the Beginning ( Mono )

Fireside Song

The Serpent

Am I very wrong

In the Wilderness

Side II

The Conqueror

In Hiding

Window

In Limbo

Silent Sun ( Mono )

A Place to call my own ( Mono )

1210911048_Genesistorevelation.thumb.jpg.786993016acd5eb6572a4cc5e3b4ce92.jpg

Genesis To Revelation is the first album the band released 

Decca re issued this album some years later 

I have a similar Decca release 

https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Rock-Roots/release/755331 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

You can´t impress me @Full Range  I got the original Decca press from 1969.....

I am fairly sure that your album is from 1977  to 1983 

The original 1969 debut release has a black cover 

Like this - https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-From-Genesis-To-Revelation/release/2830296

Edit 

Just to clarify something 

Re cover photo of Peter Gabriel 

The flower costume was first worn around 1973 / 1974 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I am fairly sure that your album is from 1977  to 1983 

The original 1969 debut release has a black cover 

Like this - https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-From-Genesis-To-Revelation/release/2830296

Edit 

Just to clarify something 

Re cover photo of Peter Gabriel 

The flower costume was first worn around 1973 / 1974 

You may be right, but the cover shows the DECCA logo, the record itself was printed in England , The Decca Record Company , 1968 & 1969 . Maybe it was in a wrong cover ? Anyway..it is a beautiful debut album.

1959032156_GenesisDebut1.thumb.jpg.16076cad17ff313ae2afc1ee9ebd1ced.jpgDecca1.thumb.jpg.44f7bd7db72fa60b67e6c4ba72973685.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

You may be right, but the cover shows the DECCA logo, the record itself was printed in England , The Decca Record Company , 1968 & 1969 . Maybe it was in a wrong cover ? Anyway..it is a beautiful debut album.

They did use the same / similar logos on the reissue 

Go onto discogs and enter the etching on the run out section on the record to confirm 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1