It's a Beautiful Day, Vangelis -Heaven and Hell and Pointer Sisters - Break Out

a dozen CDs... and a Harman/Kardan DVD 25 [no remote... oh well]

... the vinyl was $0.10ea

CDs were $2ea

and the cd/dvd player  $10

How did I do?

I love going to the "White Elephant" to shop

Dang, you did well...swell!

It's a beautiful day, would not sell my copy for your outlay.

Tell you what, go shopping for me.

Got $5ver coming for you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

uh huh

they had some lp's in a glass case, inaccessible w/o assistance, $1ea .... looked in very good condition. There wasn't any help behind the counter....I dinna get to check them out to see what they were. They had plastic sleeves over the covers...

The 10 cent lp's are not pristine... whata want for 10 cents?

hooked the cd/dvd player up in the doghouse....seems like a decent unit. For $10, if it works, it is good. I kinda prefer cd/dvd players to a plain ol' cd player... I think they read better IDK

snagged 4 older Beatles cds. Gave them to the wife.  Hard Days Night, Sgt Pepper, For Sale and BBC Live

for me

AC/DC Live, Dave Brubeck - Take Five, Bob Marley - Legend [greatest hits], 3 Clapton...Pilgrim, Layla and 461 Ocean Blvd, Eagles - Long Road Out of Eden,  Doors - LA Woman

feel like I scored pretty good

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spent some of my vinyl money on a nice thick area rug for my home theater/music room.  I could tell the difference in sound just walking around the room.  The carpet in there is super thin with concrete block walls.  Behind the listening position I already had blackout/sound absorbing curtains.  The room sounds great now!

On the negative side my wife said she doesn't want to hear any Pink Floyd for a while.  😄

• Haha 5

Just now, Dave1290 said:

Sounds like you got it workin there wuzzer.  Go buy her a nice new album of someone she likes and see what she says.  Bwa ha ha...  :)

That's just the thing!  We went to Walmart last night and I told her to pick out any album she wanted (they easily had over 100 there) and she didn't find one she wanted.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

That's just the thing!  We went to Walmart last night and I told her to pick out any album she wanted (they easily had over 100 there) and she didn't find one she wanted.  

Who does she like?  Most love Floyd.  hmmmm...  She in her conservative "I'm not gonna buy anything mode?"  Gotta like someone.  Ya married her and don't know who she likes to listen to?  Come on man!  lol  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Who does she like?  Most love Floyd.  hmmmm...  She in her conservative "I'm not gonna buy anything mode?"  Gotta like someone.  Ya married her and don't know who she likes to listen to?  Come on man!  lol  

She likes Floyd but gets tired of it fast.  There's a few modern country artists that she'd like.  Chris Stapleton, Kip Moore, Eric Church. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

She likes Floyd but gets tired of it fast.  There's a few modern country artists that she'd like.  Chris Stapleton, Kip Moore, Eric Church. 

Wellllll, there ya go!  Hit Amazon and let her shop.  Eyeball the artist and lp on wikipedia and see what's on it if she doesn't know.  Take some time w/her and shop.  Nothing worse than buying her an lp and she does't know any of the songs on it.  Make sure to stay away from purses and shoes though.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Most ladies don’t like Prog - my wife included 

And most ? about 80%,  like dance or love song music and overall mostly the pop version of whatever genre they mostly prefer 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Full Range said:

love song

It’s 23 minutes long

It fits on one side of an LP record and runs for 22.54 minutes. This is story telling at it’s best, with enough space to include a love song and an adventure into strange new worlds. Sometimes it’s nice to sit down and enjoy a seven course meal, rather than a quick burger. The atmosphere of the song is electric. The best 23 minutes you’ll ever spend.

https://www.musicalbrick.com/10-reasons-why-suppers-ready-is-the-greatest-song-ever/

• Like 6