Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

39 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Dirtmudd is a german name?

Nope that´s Dortmund which isn´t the same ..Dortmund is a big city and has a famouse soccer club in the german football league. Like Bayer München are famouse as well. These both clubs fighting every year in the german football championship , Bayern München win every title since more than 10 years, Dortmund always occupied only the second places. That´s a kind of boring.  Typical german soccer ...smilie_sleep_042.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think you are right, but it might actually be Sicilian.  

Now you have tweaked my interest 

I am confident that his ancestry is from Tuscany and the city of Florence 

Edit 

And Florence is coincidentally a similar name to the city I was born in 

I was born in Florina Greece 

• Like 3

Nap last night so tonight cable decides they're going to do system maintenance @ 6PM???  No news is good news I guess!  So it's game ON!  

1974 Live @ Sheffield remaster to start it up!  May as well GONG first then we'll see.

IMG-20201112-190804588.jpg

Peter Gabriel's second live album and 10th overall released in 1994.  Remastered and just released it's typical Gabriel.  Light, airy, sonic perfection and clean as that German dude @dirtmudd.  Side 3 & 4 of the double lp heat things right up!  mmm hmmm  :)

IMG-20201112-195144636.jpg

Imma thunkin now.  Shhhhhh it's painful.  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I’m still sorting through the Beatles albums but I’m almost done  

I don’t have some of the LPs ( apart from the unopened Box Set ) so the collection is not complete 

On the platter at the moment is an 180gr digital remaster 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - Let It Be 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Let-It-Be/release/4037616 

92-DCEF5-E-3-A9-B-4-FF1-B017-D46-EBC8-E5

• Like 4

This is the last Beatles album in the collection 

As noted on my last post that I’m missing a couple of LPs 

But I’m happy to own this one as it’s a first Australian pressing from 1969 

I have added another photo of some hand made figurines from Africa 

The purchase will help them with funds in running the village 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title - Abbey Road 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Abbey-Road/release/3916804

CEF76219-3795-4-B43-A0-BD-ED8-A9-E517-C6

9185-AC75-84-EA-4840-9936-4-F6325-EAE956

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

He has an Al Stewart - Time Passages album 

Is that good?

I messaged him and said I was only an hour away and wanted to know if he'd let me pick up any albums I wanted to buy.  He said no, he's storing the ones listed along with about 45,000(!) more in a fitness center that he owns.  He said he has helpers who assist in shipping and offered to ship any I was interested in at a substantial discount since I live so close. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a local guy here I'd known forever.  He was the local Pepsi route man his entire life.  He knew my back story and that I was into albums and collected and wanted to buy my collection.  I totally laffed at him and told him to start collecting albums and someday he'd be a rich man.  I was a kid when I told him that.  One day about 10 years ago I bumped into him @ a Little League baseball game and he asked if I still had my albums.  I jokingly asked how his album collection was coming.  He said he had a pole barn full.  He parked his Pepsi truck in a building out behind his house and that's where they were he said.  He sold his truck when he retired and I actually thought he was kidding until he passed a few years ago.  His daughter had an auction on most of the household goods and the auctioneer announced there would be an LP record auction in several weeks in the newspaper ad.  What?  Jake you dog you actually had a barn full of albums?  The auction ran for DAYS!  I know the auctioneer so I'm gonna give him a call and see if I can get a copy of the sale bill.  People from all over the US showed up and bought.  I went early and couldn't believe it.  I thought I was in a pressing plant.  Shelves, boxes, pallets full of boxes.  He had stuff I couldn't even begin to believe he had.  Amazing auction and I didn't buy a thing.  I couldn't.  Just shook my head.  Don't know what the total was but heard it was close to $150k.  He bought dollar boxes of albums at auctions around here for years they said.  Here's the clincher.  He didn't ever own a stereo!  Zero to play them on!  Insane!

• Like 4

[mention=63007]baron167[/mention] My brother from another mother!  

jimi_11-27-42.jpg

One I snagged out of the package, which was still wet when I pulled it from under the one on top, hence the spot in the left top corner.  1st screen run announcing the show @ the Fillmore.  MINE!  Yes, I'm THAT old!  [emoji4]

Good googly moogly! WOW! I’m impressed and intrigued. I’ve done some printing. This is a serigraph and you printed it? Happy to chat in PM so we don’t flood (see what I did there?) this thread with printing talk [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1