Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Yup, movin right along and grinnin.  Roger Waters...  Yea, DARN good and yup he did it ALL on 21 July 1990.  A Saturday night in Berlin.  One show and I sooo wish I could have been there.  This lp is fantastic!  You won't see me posting inner covers or rear covers normally.  Just show me the $$$...  THIS lp is different.  Take a look and tell me you won't buy it.  Man-O-Man WHAT a line-up!  They'll all take ya there too.  Ahhmazing!   ❤️   😎

IMG-20201009-175308695-1.jpg

IMG-20201115-205315888.jpg

IMG-20201115-205725919.jpg

@MicroMara don't EVEN tell me you were there either!  😂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

After window shopping MC, MM, and MI carts the last couple years with sub $500 price, I stumbled upon one of my top choices at a price I could not pass up. So without going into too much detail about the many tables and carts I have used over the years or currently use, and based on the overwhelming amount rock I listen to, I chose an Ortofon 2M Bronze. Looking forward to it.
ef1651f7d0015e6e174c9fd4f1a0cd9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, baron167 said:

After window shopping MC, MM, and MI carts the last couple years with sub $500 price, I stumbled upon one of my top choices at a price I could not pass up. So without going into too much detail about the many tables and carts I have used over the years or currently use, and based on the overwhelming amount rock I listen to, I chose an Ortofon 2M Bronze. Looking forward to it.
ef1651f7d0015e6e174c9fd4f1a0cd9b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Evening Gents......my recent discovery Bettye LaVette has me stoked.  Damn what a voice.  Her rendition of Dylan's "Going Going Gone" is such a pleasure.  Buy her vinyl on Amazon but if you stream Tidal I just downloaded over a hundred of her songs. 

This is my finest bluesy find of the year and the recording are to die for..........

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Evening Gents......my recent discovery Bettye LaVette has me stoked.  Damn what a voice.  Her rendition of Dylan's "Going Going Gone" is such a pleasure.  Buy her vinyl on Amazon but if you stream Tidal I just downloaded over a hundred of her songs. 
This is my finest bluesy find of the year and the recording are to die for..........

Thanks for the recommendation! Will check her out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Thanks for the recommendation! Will check her out.

I'm excited.....I found her on a Tidal compilation and thought WOW.  I was going to stop at two drinks of Scotch but I just poured the third.  She is a modern day Billie Holiday!

• Like 7

@baron167

Good choice of mc's! I love the gemstone looks of their carts but absolutely hate elliptical styli. Yours is equivalent to a fine line, the different brands call them different things Shibata is just the upper end of them if I remember right (not guaranteed).

Let us know how much you like it... under $500? I spent more than that and it was sixty less than that bronze I was eyeballing then.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

plus it's on the verve lable... with the verve sound !

• Like 4

Love that Dynavector 20 I got.  It definitely opened things up.  Maybe next time I'll go with the blackbird.  Happy as heck w/my set up right now.

I have not heard any Dynavectors, yet, but i have read many positive reviews on a few models including their entry level cart. Speaking of stylus shape, I think DVs use Micro Ridge, I was impressed with the Micro Ridge performance the Shure V15 VxMR cart / VN5xMR stylus I had before its boron cantilever met an accident that ended its stay on my main table. I have mainly been running a Denon DL110 that is very good. I have a friend that is very happy with his 2M Blue, which was an influence on me. I was focusing on mostly MC’s like the Hana SH or SL, but this 2M Bronze deal popped up and I couldn’t pass up on it. While I’m not thrilled it’s an MM, I’m not expecting to be disappointed.

• Like 3

@baron167 You'll find in here these guys "get it."  My Linn table was the last thing on my hit list building this new system.  I didn't know where or what I wanted to do actually.  Bounced it off Paul (FullRange) who runs the blackbird  and enjoys it.  Then Mike (dirtmudd) threw another cart into the mix.  So I started reading up a bit on them both. Then I factored in who was going to do the work.  My table is a 90 or 91 and it'd never been touched so I decided to go with a Linn tech in Ann Arbor, Mi, which is about 2.5 hours from me here in Ohio.  Didn't know him when I talked to him on the phone he suggested the 20 so it was game on.  Was there waiting when they opened, he told me 4 hours to go over everything and finished in 3 hours 56 minutes. Start to finish w/no breaks.  Said he'd been working on Linn for 28 years and went to the Linn School in Scotland.  Most flip them over but not him.  Sat it on the flipper and replaced everything underneath w/o even looking at what he was doing.  Never flipped it over just reached under and did it.  Gave me a handful of resisters and caps he replaced when he checked out the board, the old cart (which I wanted) put on a new trampoline base and who knows what else.  Ya gotta have the tools to work on the toys and he did.  My table deserved a lil TLC after being neglected for 30 years.  Will I go back?  You betcha, it's his to work on now.  It's just the way I roll.  After all, I've only got about $5k in updates to put on it.  Umm, NO!  I'm a happy boy.  You won't find a better bunch of guys ANY where than right here.  BTW, they HATE reading my short novels but that's why I do it.   😂 

• Like 5