Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Its the best compromise I negotiated 😎

My wife is understanding and a great sport 

I have no doubt at all. My wife has also no problems with my audioholic disease. We start the christmas decorations on  4th of Advent, that is sunday 20th of December. That is a tradition in Germany.

• Like 4

Simply Red is a British band founded in 1984. It consists of frontman and singer Mick Hucknall as well as various other musicians, some of whom change. At the end of October 2007, Mick Hucknall announced that the group would split up after completing the upcoming tour in 2010 and that he would continue working as a solo artist. In November 2014, however, Hucknall surprisingly announced that he would be going on another world tour with Simply Red. Simply Red have sold around 50 million records to date.

Their debut " Picture Book " 1985 , Elektra London Label, Printed in Germany

simplyred.thumb.jpg.ba09b6db15e4289d9875882142c8011c.jpg

• Like 3

Here is a story. I picked the collection last night from a hoader(unfortunately i wasnt the first there as a record store

picked over 3000). What was left were unusual items mainly classical with some great electronic music

selections including Varese, Partch, Cage etc. including the record i am listening to right now JL Ponty/Frank

Zappa "King Kong".  Now the interesting part is the hoarder committed suicide and these were being sold by 

a friend of the realtor selling the property and had to clean out the house.

1xx.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RickFL said:

Here is a story. I picked the collection last night from a hoader(unfortunately i wasnt the first there as a record store

picked over 3000). What was left were unusual items mainly classical with some great electronic music

selections including Varese, Partch, Cage etc. including the record i am listening to right now JL Ponty/Frank

Zappa "King Kong".  Now the interesting part is the hoarder committed suicide and these were being sold by 

a friend of the realtor selling the property and had to clean out the house.

1xx.jpg

One of my favourite tracks is 20 Small Cigars 

They did a great jazz fusion remix of it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@MicroMara you're just not right!  Welcome to the club!  😂   🤘

Yup, went a bit insane on RSD's Black Friday but scored some I kinda wanted.  Some more than others but beans & weiner's aren't really too bad for a couple weeks.  Like drinking Scotch.  You have to acquire a taste for it they say!  Poppycock I say!  Glass full neat w/ice water on the side works for me!

Released in October of 80 it was U2's debut album and one I never picked up at the time.  Now I see why I didn't.  :)  Jumped on the 40th Anniversary Limited edition Black Friday copy just cause.

IMG-20201204-170018409.jpg

Walter Trout?  If ya don't know who he is ya better jump on this one.  Another old guy who's done it all well in his lifetime.  Born in Jersey he relocated to LA where he was a side man for many of the big guns in the 60's & 70's.  John Lee Hooker, Joe Tex, Percy Mayfield and Big Mama Thornton to name a few.  Lead guitarist in Canned Heat from 81-84 then jumped in w/John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers following Peter Green and EC.  He kicked butt then and continues to do so.  Released in 2019, this is a great blues lp to score.  He cooks!

IMG-20201204-170953721.jpg

Clocking out for dinner now.  Yup, beans and weiners!  😂

• Like 4

Never heard Mr Trout but love that rainbow broiled or fried!

That U2 dang good record loved every one of theirs being so original up until Unforgettable.

Mean thunder outside just now, it was 60 today and cloudy the whole time. Good it will clear up for me to go get my grocery money tomorrow.

• Like 3