Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

She can do it all.  Hand her a guitar and boom it's nailed but on the piano or keyboards?  Just such a nummy combination.  You can tell she's had the best help on the planet too.  Quiet, spiritual, reserved and hooks ya big time.  "Come Away With Me" her debut album in 2002 killed it.  

Come Away with Me peaked at number one on the US Billboard 200, and received Grammy Awards for Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album. It was later certified Diamond by the RIAA on February 15, 2005 for shipments of over ten million copies in the United States, and has sold over 27 million copies worldwide as of 2016 making it one of the best-selling albums of all time.

I knew then I wanted to elope with her!  Her with me?  Prolly not so much!   😂

IMG-20201206-214516301.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

:lol: Hi, OT king! Not falling for it, haven't in a while. It's not political.... well you did pass grade school history, right? I'm not getting younger and have been told two conditions would have me in the dirt last year for one and 2009 for the first. After you catch the context his rock tastes go further back than mine... just saying! One day you're on top of the world, one day you're under six feet.             *Waiting for the price to come down after its released here in the USA.

I only have best wishes for ya man.

• Thanks 4

Had a roomie in Atl that liked the GOGOs heard that way too often but it was the 80s, Redskins winning the Super Bowl and all.

Rode in a stainless steel DeLorean once down there!

Need to find a good disc to play, but @Full Range has kept me busy right here today! That Roy Buchanan is very Floyd-ish this time!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Had a roomie in Atl that liked the GOGOs heard that way too often but it was the 80s, Redskins winning the Super Bowl and all.

Rode in a stainless steel DeLorean once down there!

Need to find a good disc to play, but @Full Range has kept me busy right here today! That Roy Buchanan is very Floyd-ish this time!

That was the first Roy Buchanan album I purchased back in the day 

He really is an unrecognised artist in the mainstream 

This will keep you busy as he does a cover of Hey Joe 

Note - All effects were done with his fingers 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Starting with a Wednesday morning session is a double album ( Don’t need to be at work until 1pm ) 

This release is a special CBS promo copy that has a typed and printed 3 page Biography and a photo of the artist 

The record labels have a “not for sale stamp on them “

Artist - Frank Zappa 

Title - Tinseltown Rebellion 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Zappa-Tinseltown-Rebellion/release/7950145

B8-C6-A269-0-C0-D-44-C6-9645-DAE4-E7-B54

65-F2-EA16-82-D6-4-D12-B4-FF-1-A66-D190-

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Range  seems to be a real Zappa gem

My album does not have a seperate Discogs listing and is different to other promotional records with white labels 

Looks like a limited ( possibly hand done ) CBS Australia special of the retail album with added biography with a dashing photo of Frank and hand stamped not for sale on the record labels 

I have placed the records in Mofi type inserts for better storage and protection 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have lots of rain today 

Some parts of the state is in flood ( it’s normal for us ) 

One good thing is - less or no static and great air for listening to music 

Artist. - Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention 

Title - Burnt Weeny Sandwich 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Mothers-Of-Invention-Burnt-Weeny-Sandwich/release/4707658

F3-D34-F36-1174-4-F94-B13-D-2-CE1206-EE3

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1