Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

So cute baby booties  @Full Range  I guess you celebrate this year a very special Christmas .

We only have one grandchild 
Yes a very special celebration this crazy year 2020 ( Covid gap year ) 

Born at the peak of the pandemic and separated from visitors until we got the all clear 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

At 11 pm on Christmas Day I got an email for 20% off on discrepancy records here in Australia for 24 hours only 

I decided to get myself a present 

Heard and read some great praise on this release of a favourite record

This is it the 2 LP remix of King Crimson- In the Court Of The Crimson King 

Lp1: All New 2019 Mixes By Steven Wilson Lp2: Alternate Album Featuring Tracks Mixed By Steven Wilson And David Singleton Packaged In Original Gatefold Sleeve 

https://www.discrepancy-records.com.au/king-crimson-in-the-court-of-crimson-king-50th-ann~978680

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am on a King Crimson quest with the wife’s blessing 

She wanted to hear more after I played the debut album 

I’m not about to complain 😱

This album has the classic track Fracture that is practically unplayable unless you practice for years 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - Starless And Bible Black 

Album ID- https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-Starless-And-Bible-Black/release/1345783

1-C65-CD9-F-521-D-4-D92-9-F7-E-3090-B3-F

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's one great album from "74 ^^^^^^ and you'll become a repeat offender listening to it.  Sounds amazing here!  Always nice to have someone to listen with who appreciates Fripp and company.  :)

See what you started?  Ha!  Life's about Discipline.  Kinda maybe  :)

King-Crimson-Discipline-1981.jpg

King-Crimson-Three-of-a-Perfect-Pair-198

King-Crimson-Red-1974.jpg

Now I'm thinking about going back into the 60's...  Arrrrgh.  lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You got a friend in me and Mike , to discuss all things King Crimson 

I recall an episode of Malcolm In The Middle where the father found a kindred spirit in a new neighbour they both loved King Crimson 

But alas the wives did not get on 

• Like 3

Good evening (morning) my vinyl spinning friends!  It is the 2nd day of Christmas, and I am giving this classic jazz a listen this evening over in RTM.  Yes, it is playing on Side A as I type :D.   Front cover art SO familiar to you all I'm sure.  IMG-3771.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

....................This is a very quiet disc............very happy with this 2016 re-released purchase   Side B now in progress.   Enjoy the evening everyone, I will always check in when I got an LP spinning 😊...IMG-3774.jpg

• Like 2

Yup, I got the fevah!!!  lol

Found this from 1971, Half-speed Master of "Island"...  Sounds great!  Been spinnin alllllll day!  

King-Crimson-Island-1971-Half-Speed-Mast

Pat Travers band dropped this one  in '79 to mixed reviews but I had to have it.  My old buddy from Black Oak Arkansas Tommy Aldrige was a drummin.  Pa rumple da dum...  Tommy's always been a fav kickin those double bass drums.  Great guy.  Runs 5 miles a day and does 500 sit-ups.  That's 5 miles and 500 more sit-ups than I'd do!

Pat-Travers-Band.jpg

Boz Scaggs ya say?  Don't ask me?  It was laying there in a pile so I tossed it on!  lol  "Middle Man" was released in 1980 after picking up Steve Lukather and some of the guys from Toto as session musicians.  Tossed in Carlos Santana on a cut and others.  It was described as "white soul" music for dimly lit bars or something like that.  hahaha  Nice and smooth though.  

Boz_Scaggs_-_Middleman.jpg

Got this a week or so ago and wanted to unzip it but waited until today.  Yup, it's Peter alright and pretty good for a "Live" LP.  Ha!  See what I did there?  😂

Peter_Gabriel_-_Live.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tigerman said:

.......and don't worry, I got a nice glass of vino on the coffee table, just not in view.   Here is the 180 gram. disc itself with center label.IMG-3772.jpg

Looks like you are having a good time 

But I don’t see any eggnog 

🌲🎄🌲🎄🌲🎄

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Full Range said:

You got a friend in me and Mike , to discuss all things King Crimson 

I recall an episode of Malcolm In The Middle where the father found a kindred spirit in a new neighbour they both loved King Crimson 

But alas the wives did not get on 

HA! My brother got me to watch the first episode of that show yesterday! Cranston and that gal were twisted parents!

• Haha 2