Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@oldtimer making me jealous. Tried to get a good copy of Close to the Edge a couple years ago to no avail. Did manage to end up with one, but not one of those excellent Japanese pressings. You got pics or were you just recalling those two good records!

Recently purchased the YES / Steve Wilson mixed box set from Amazon as it was on special 

It’s currently on back order but I’m willing to wait 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Recently purchased the YES / Steve Wilson mixed box set from Amazon as it was on special 

It’s currently on back order but I’m willing to wait 

& it will be worth it I'm sure to get `em without any background noise at all!

Who is that Steven Wilson, he remixed the Jethro Tull collection too didn't he?

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

& it will be worth it I'm sure to get `em without any background noise at all!

Who is that Steven Wilson, he remixed the Jethro Tull collection too didn't he?

This is the artist list that Steve Wilson remixed 

Lots of backstory on how and why this track section was chosen  over another 

Great read 

https://www.soundonsound.com/people/steven-wilson-remixing-classic-albums

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, It's cold outside and I'm getting the itch.  Few new ones laying here and naturally a few more on the way.  Gonna see what shakes out shortly.  

1 hour ago, baron167 said:

Well this new record is certainly fun so far emoji41.png
Foo Fighters - Medicine At Midnight

Great lp right there!  Their new one is in my stack.  Good but initially kinda uneventful.  I'll know more when I hit them shortly for the second play.  hahaha  Just picky old me.  :)

5 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

That's very interesting to watch.

I wonder if they work under purified air (dust free) conditions. I don't think so. But I do think this would further improve quality.

Pressing plants are cool.  Amazing how it all comes together to get that end result.  I have quite a few of their pressings and the quality is pretty amazing compared to most out there today.  They have to have some kind of purification system built into their HVAC. They're making big bucks on vinyl pressings today and say the quality is much better but is it really?  That's the question.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good evening my vinyl spinnin' friends...........it's the Martin Logan guy, coming back for a visit since I am currently listening to vinyl over in the RTM forum - Friday night addition.

Rattle that Rock has been on my mind for a long while, so I needed to get my David Gilmour fix this evening :D  Here is the front cover art on the rubbercoated double LP (180 gram) 'container' IMG-4004.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good evening my vinyl spinnin' friends...........it's the Martin Logan guy, coming back for a visit since I am currently listening to vinyl over in the RTM forum - Friday night addition.

Rattle that Rock has been on my mind for a long while, so I needed to get my David Gilmour fix this evening :D  Here is the front cover art on the rubbercoated double LP (180 gram) 'container' IMG-4004.jpg

I attended that concert at the Hollywood bowl.  his wife Polly writes the lyrics and has for a long while now -- I think she does a fine job. she doesn't broadcast that much, there is a great pressure following Roger waters (she also wrote the lyrics for the past few Pink Floyd albums (post Roger of course). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh heck..........might as well let you all know, that I added the matching Martin Logan subwoofer to my ESL 9's...  This is the rather high tech 1600X, and is totally adjustable (and there are MANY parameters on this one) from your cell phone OR Android device.  And just the other night, received the ML  Perfect Bass Kit.  Contains the microphone, stand and all the USB cables to hook up to your computer to the subwoofer and run the Anthem (you know them....) Room Correction software.   It really is amazing how it worked.

I have it coming in at 35Hz. using the 3rd order filter (18 db per octave rolloff).   It runs down to 16Hz. after using ARC and smoothened out the peaks at 25Hz.   

Well, that is the update /new toy for the 2ch system as of this week.  See you all soon!  Here is the photo of the big wood 'block' set in downward fire mode.IMG-4009.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1