Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Cruisin right along today.  All nice and comfy  :)

Lou's 7th studio LP released in 1975.  Picked this one up and yup it's ALL Lou.  Great album and smooth as silk!

IMG-20210209-190406196.jpg

Transatlantic- "The Breath of Life" with Michael Portnoy on drums?  A no-brainer for sure.  Sounds great!

IMG-20210209-195739797.jpg

David Grohl & Company?  Foo Fighters - Medicine at Midnight?  Heck of a 10th LP!  Worth it if ya wanna and sounds fantastic!  :)

IMG-20210212-211344479.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

Funny timing and Pink Floyd related -  @Tigerman 

Ordered and arrived on my doorstep yesterday and spinning today 

A double LP 

Artist - Pink Floyd 

Title - The Later Years, 1987 - 2019 

5-CC24-E88-B324-4-EDE-A36-F-32335-A81-DD

Please post some info about your turntable and that Tonearm. Was it made by Nasa? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Please post some info about your turntable and that Tonearm. Was it made by Nasa? 

The Turntable is a 1965 build Garrard 401 transcription TT and I am the second owner. I purchased it in the early 70s 

Several plinths have been built for it and in the past mostly with SME tone arms graced it 

Built a skeletal plinth of my own design and the limitations of the timber used a few years ago 

Used two different timbers to counteract resonance - the main timber used is called Crows Ash 

This plinth would be the 4th or 5th plinth build since the early 70s 

And so far it’s the best sounding plinth build so far and still in use to this day.

I coupled it with an air bearing tangential tone arm called “The Terminator”  by TransFi audio in England 

Here are some photos for you

post-112724-0-54521000-1350956370_thumb.

post-112724-0-35262500-1350956422_thumb.

post-112724-0-53556400-1350956550_thumb.

post-112724-0-59889300-1350956592_thumb.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Full Range said:

His name is Vic 

He also makes the Salvation TT as well 

Vic has a pretty impressive personal system... https://www.trans-fi.com/my-system

He's got the Puffin pre-amp, btw.

Have been looing at the Puffin for a while myself, but taxes and import duty (I live in Europe...) are holding me back: would have to add between 100 and 200 euro to the price...

Been in contact with Shannon too, great guy. http://parksaudiollc.com/ 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DKHM2HS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B07DKHM2HS&linkCode=as2&tag=parksaudio-20&linkId=c6d5c6a70658a4af2da4ccef9614c08e

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I have quite a few of their pressings and the quality is pretty amazing compared to most out there today.  They have to have some kind of purification system built into their HVAC. They're making big bucks on vinyl pressings today and say the quality is much better but is it really?  That's the question.  

Are they back in business? Some of my very best sounding, zero, zilch, nada background LPs were made by them and a couple darn good cd's also. They went under a couple years ago and the prices shot up too high for me but if you like the LP 45's there were still a few out there last time I looked last summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Survived!  They both had a great time and left with a belly full of junk food.  Me? Double order of fries, diet sweet water, then I found out they had ice cream too.  Naturally my grand daughter said, "Please don't tell Mom we got ice cream."  Perfect timing.  So THEY bowled while I watched.  I'm feelin the need for some tunes!  Have been sitting here listening to some station in the Netherlands in the Radio Garden app.  Can't understand a word they say when they speak but boy they do cook well.  :)  Hate getting my buttons pushed it just makes me even more worthless.

Posted a thread on it but if ya didn't catch it:  http://radio.garden/listen/arrow-classic-rock/JZYHsXOl  Just look anywhere on the globe and click the lil green "seed" and relax!  That's the one I'm on now.

Ok, where the heck is George?  Anyone?

• Like 2