Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Good evening my Vinyl Spinning Buddies!   It is Sunday here in my neck of the Eastern States and it is time to give a first listen to MORE from the Amerman Memorial library.  As you may remember, this collection of LPs and CDs was given to me by Mr. Amerman's son, owner of 'Rotory Records' studios not far from my home.   You can look up the studio, former church building with rare,  Massachusetts company pipe organ still intact from the 1800's !!

Here is the cover art for the Telefunken Bruckner Symphony recording.    Rich in the midrange, but VERY side stereo image, always welcomed via the electrostats and my ears 🍷IMG-4026.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here, the vinyl itself with center label detail..........yes, got my '19 Crimes' dark red vino going and I have to get up for work in the morning........WHO CARES, music is very important here and to us all I am sure :)..........Cheers!  🍷IMG-4029.jpg

• Like 5

.........and now, side #2 spinning.   The recording is a bit compressed as noticed after nearly 30 minutes to Side 1 alone!   The quiet sections are not much lower then the full cressando of the full orchestra!  So, perhaps an engineer may have been 'riding gain' somewhere along the recording chain..  Other then that, great 🍷IMG-4031.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great plays in the Vinyl forum tonight!   I am keeping the Rega warmed up tonight with one of the finest LIVE recordings in my LP collection.  Top notch LIVE performance by THEEE Lena Horne and orchestra.  I highly suggest this to anyone that loves a great live experience!   Here is the cover!   IMG-4033.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the nod JohnJ.  I am surely enjoying this LIVE concert !   During this listening session, I have been reading all about the history of this fine lady/performer !   Sorry to learn she had passed away in 2010 at 92 years.     :(   However, I am now on Side #4 and the conclusion of this absolutely amazing performance AND recording production on VINYL !!  IMG-4042.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Thanks for putting up with all my photo postings, and I hope to return again very soon.............enjoy the music my friends!  :emotion-25:

"Putting up with you" ??

They've always seemed kind of like an oral book report back in grade school, you display your enjoyment with the music and the ambiance of your home theater!

Man it's a pleasure to see even without the KHorns displayed. Hope to return with my own displays soon, before autumn hopefully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2