Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 3/21/2021 at 4:51 AM, Full Range said:

Another rainy day / evening Prog spin 

This time it’s a double LP compilation album almost all of my favourite tracks 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - The Compact King Crimson 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-The-Compact-King-Crimson/release/3912148

062-D696-F-C4-CA-40-C7-9-FFB-C26821-E2-D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Allan Songer 

Although my Jazz record collection is of medium size and cherry picked to the better releases 

I have only one Art Pepper album 

This one - https://www.discogs.com/Art-Pepper-Meets-The-Rhythm-Section/release/2384101

Edit 

@dirtmudd  @MicroMara @MeloManiac -  German TV in video above 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

@Allan Songer 

Although my Jazz record collection is of medium size and cherry picked to the better releases 

I have only one Art Pepper album 

This one - https://www.discogs.com/Art-Pepper-Meets-The-Rhythm-Section/release/2384101

Really like Modern Art lp by Art...

• Like 2

This next album is a collaboration 

But it doesn’t hit the mark as well the first album they collaborated on 

Mostly - Improvisation and jazz rock

The track

What Kind of Man Reads Playboy. It does have some pretty nice Robert Fripp guitar work

Artist - Andy Summers - Robert Fripp 

Title - Bewitched 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Andy-Summers-Robert-Fripp-Bewitched/release/5068011

D72-CBC59-BB5-E-49-B5-A3-BD-EEBAAA1888-F

• Like 4

@Full Range not sure if you're still up but...

Improvisation is very descriptive of that "Bewitched" LP. I've got pieces of it recorded on a tape somewhere. Sure it was from the same friend that introduced me to all the progressive that I love. Yea I'd heard some YES on the radio and he was just a couple years older but "I've Seen All Good People" didn't properly prepare me for their repertoire! Or that first King Crimson release record I heard there plus a lot more. Phone - feed tells me those floods over there inundated y'all with big fuzzy spiders. Yikes. Boris is only fun for a little while.

@Allan Songer looking forward to being able to hear some of those jazz classics you've put up through decent speakers soon! Fantastic Collection!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Full Range not sure if you're still up but...

Improvisation is very descriptive of that "Bewitched" LP. I've got pieces of it recorded on a tape somewhere. Sure it was from the same friend that introduced me to all the progressive that I love. Yea I'd heard some YES on the radio and he was just a couple years older but "I've Seen All Good People" didn't properly prepare me for their repertoire! Or that first King Crimson release record I heard there plus a lot more. Phone - feed tells me those floods over there inundated y'all with big fuzzy spiders. Yikes. Boris is only fun for a little while.

Yes I’m still up because I’m a night owl 

Can’t sleep until it’s close to midnight 

I personally don’t mind the Bewitched album but it needs to be listened to several times to get the essence of it 

Same goes for a Steve Hackett release - Voyage Of The Acolyte

• Like 2

Painting sucks!  I just realized this hallway has 5 doors to do in addition to all the trim and cut work.  Guess I'll have to load the pan up and break out a roller then back brush it wet after to give it that "brush painted" look.  OCD much?  Nah, not too much.  hahahaha  Guess I'll crank up that Ginger Baker trio and listen to the entire thing while I mumble.

Robert Fripp's stuff is great but I have to get a real "mood" on before I throw it on.  Easier to focus then kinda maybe.  lol  That "correct wave-length" John mentioned applies here too.  No phone, NOthing going on so you can appreciate what's on your plate at that moment in time.  Course we're nuts just ask those around us.  lolol

Atta boy to Allan for throwin that jazz down too.  Refreshing to say the least!  Wish I had more.  No, don't say it.  Not a word cause I was actually looking around last nite on line, which is NOT good.  😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Full Range said:

This next album is a collaboration 

But it doesn’t hit the mark as well the first album they collaborated on 

Mostly - Improvisation and jazz rock

The track

What Kind of Man Reads Playboy. It does have some pretty nice Robert Fripp guitar work

Artist - Andy Summers - Robert Fripp 

Title - Bewitched 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Andy-Summers-Robert-Fripp-Bewitched/release/5068011

D72-CBC59-BB5-E-49-B5-A3-BD-EEBAAA1888-F

F Y I ....

Andy Summers (born December 31, 1942 in Blackpool, Lancashire, England as Andrew James Somers) is a British pop and rock guitarist. Andy Summers became known in the late 1970s and 1980s as the guitarist of The Police. Later he was a guest musician and contemporary instrumental musician. In 2011, Rolling Stone listed Summers as #85 of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time.

• Like 2