Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 4/5/2021 at 8:50 PM, MicroMara said:

@MeloManiac  giving you something to read about " Krautrock " ...Have fun......

From the end of the 1960s and beginning of the 1970s, the genre krautrock was used to describe the rock music of primarily West German bands, some of which became internationally known. In addition to their geographical origin, all classic Krautrock bands have in common a tendency toward experimental, improvisational rock music.

The term goes back to the word "Sauerkraut" as well as the derogatory term "Krauts" for German soldiers in World War II. The origin of the word Krautrock, contrary to frequent claims, goes back to an advertisement by the German company Popo Music Management, which first used the word in the English magazine Billboard[1] to promote records by Bacillus Records. The term was picked up by the British press and used frequently. In addition, in May 1973, the Hamburg group Faust recorded their fourth LP for Virgin Records at "The Manor" studio in Oxfordshire, the first track of which was called "Krautrock". Virgin Records then adopted this term as a genre designation for rock music from Germany.

In Germany, Krautrock was often used as a self-deprecating term for their own music, expressing the fact that Germany was considered a pop-cultural developing country. In the beginning, Krautrock was more of a collective term for music from Germany. There was neither a unified movement nor extensive stylistic commonalities.

Apart from the use of the word "Kraut", which was not meant in a flattering way, this grouping of the most diverse styles and the reduction to their geographical or national origins also meant that the term Krautrock was often understood as a pejorative term. For example, Amon Düül and Agitation Free were committed to psychedelic rock, Tangerine Dream tended more to the realm of electronic music, Guru Guru initially practiced space rock à la Hawkwind, Birth Control could be assigned to hard rock, while Can chose an almost avant-garde compositional approach. Overall, the bands often distinguished themselves with their own interpretations of Anglo-American patterns, which also brought international recognition.

Although there were bands early on that sang in German as a matter of course (Ihre Kinder, Prof. Wolfff), German lyrics were by no means considered a matter of course in rock music at the time, and instead of switching to English, some Krautrock bands chose to dispense with lyrics almost or entirely (Ash Ra Tempel, for example). The proximity of many bands to extra-parliamentary resistance and leftist groups (Floh de Cologne, Ton Steine Scherben, Lokomotive Kreuzberg) is remarkable. Agitation Free had their practice space in the K1 and often played at actions of the Haschrebellen. It is also worth noting that groups like Omega (Hungary) and Nektar (GB/USA) are often counted among the Krautrockers because of their success in the Federal Republic Germany .

The only common basic tendency would be the tendency to more complex structures, which results in a close relationship to progressive rock/art rock and jazz rock. From today's point of view it is to be emphasized that here conspicuously many musicians experimented with the at that time new synthesizer technology. Apart from Can, this applies above all toTangerine Dream and their entourage (Klaus Schulze, Ash Ra Tempel), who thus possibly provided the basis for the later worldwide success of Kraftwerk (Autobahn, 1974).

Enough now ....

Hi les gars 😎

I have this album for at least 40 years, my copy is an original UK 1973 press, I 🧡 german music !

Faust IV, look on my pics first title on side A = Krautrock 👍

ipwr.jpg

1yo2.jpg

epzd.jpg

tw2w.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I can see your mirror image on the cover , you´re wearing a black outfit .Pic is done with you tablet camera .....nice idea ......

And the finger 🤘salute in the photo 

My broadband internet has been down for almost 2 days 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Haven't had much time to listen but have enjoyed the downtime when I can.  :)  It'll sort this weekend with rain moving in.  Won't be long and Paul will be shoveling snow down under.  😂

Mountain's "Flowers Of Evil" got played the other day just cause.  Haven't played this one in years!  Miss those guys cause they did crank out some good stuff back in 1908.  Released in 1971 it was their 3rd album and one about drug abuse in Vietnam by the troops.  Really?  hahaha  The second side was recorded live @ the Fillmore East in NYC.  Great old album.  Drug abuse in Nam?  Never happened.  😂

IMG-20210405-185547785.jpg

Vintage Yardbirds feat. Sonny Boy Williamson on harmonica?  Crazy if ya don't and ya like all the old Yardbirds stuff.  Mastered from old UK recorded sessions w/Sonny Boy on the mouth harp?  It's got some flavor to it if ya know what I mean add Page and it's a winner.  Not fantastic by any means but it's a nice listen if you can remember just how things were "back in the day."   Just released Volume 2 so guess we'll have to see how that works too!   :)

IMG-20210407-210203328.jpg

A few other new ones I didn't take pics of since I was enjoying my "me" time on the couch chillin.  I'll get there soon.  lol  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Won't be long and Paul will be shoveling snow down under.  😂

I haven’t walked on freshly fallen snow since I left Greece 

Living in a subtropical climate now - suits me just fine 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I haven’t walked on freshly fallen snow since I left Greece 

Living in a subtropical climate now - suits me just fine 🤪

still winterseason here in deep western germany ....too cold for middle of april , all the blossoms and fresh sprouts of the trees just freeze again

looks like this arround my house .......

Winter3.thumb.jpg.f16334a6c76be768f1fbd844dacac671.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

still winterseason here in deep western germany ....too cold for middle of april , all the blossoms and fresh sprouts of the trees just freeze again

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Here closer to the coast, in Flanders, a nice white carpet too. Cherry tree blossoms covered with snow. Lots of rain in the weekend... Time to spin some vinyl!

IMG_20210407_070450.jpg

• Like 4

You stirred something in me Mike @dirtmudd 

A great album for a lazy Sunday afternoon 

Artist - Led Zeppelin ‎

Title - Houses Of The Holy

I have two LPs of this release AU Original and Euro RE (2014) 

But today it’s the 1973 record playing 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Houses-Of-The-Holy/release/3292814

94974-C81-2915-4-FF6-9-A6-D-95-EA153747-

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

So you got it . Well done ....not available in germany at all . Oversea import was too expansive for me..closed to $ 175 .....incl. shipment, custom duties and german taxes.

$73 usd shipping & 

https://www.history.com/topics/american-revolution/the-sons-of-liberty-and-the-boston-tea-party-video

this did not last long enough !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Now you must tell me what Charly Antolini and " the american revolution / the sons of liberty and the boston tea party " has in commen ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1