Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

23 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@MicroMara

"That's the Way, Uh Huh Uh Huh. I Like it, Uh Huh, Uh Huh"

Ok, how about one more time John!  I think you're on to something!  😂

23 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

My last one for tonight ...always worth to listen to . Joe Cocker´s " Definite " Collection from 1964 > 1986 .  Dino Label, printed in Germany 

George, I've gotta admit that was better that that "Krautwurst" or whatever I think you posted the other day. Or maybe Melo did...    😂

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

On one corner was Bruce Hornsby and another block was The Guess Who.  Fun time. 

That would have been a busy corner I'd think.  Gotta remember we all missed you too tough guy!  Hope things are good???  BTW, slide that ketchup back down here I need some more!  😂

Have a 3-day Bratwurst Festival here for 3 days in August.  Small town yet feed about 200k in and outta here.  It's nuts  Beer consumption?  Gotta be off the charts.  2.5 tons of brats are consumed "they" say.  Carry on!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Owned that 45 long ago... that and Loco-Motion got a lot of play time!

The Loco-Motion is a song by Little Eva, written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King, which resulted in the 1960s fashion dance Locomotion. The Loco-Motion was released on June 14, 1962 worldwide and achieved success in many countries. In the USA the song reached number one on the charts. The song is a popular and long-lasting example of a song of the dance genre, much of the song is dedicated to line dancing. In the Rolling Stone list of the 500 best songs of all time, the song reached number 359

• Like 4

Buddy stopped tonight so it's goin down.  I'm in the driver's seat!  :)  😇

Started w/a lil Mama's & Papa's.  Easy peasy to soften him up yanno.  lol  Then outta no where!  

Spirit_-_The_Best_of_1973.jpg

And then these guys...

Doors-LA-Woman-remaster.jpg

Foots tappin but his nose is in his phone scrollin fb I think...

Sooooooo...

tom_petty_-_full_moon_fever.jpg

Hmmmm, he's moved but only to get another beer...

Cream.jpg

Him: Taking requests? 

No, not yet.

Him:  Not even NightFly?

No, not yet. 

Him:  Well, let me know.

He's starting to crack so I put on side 4 of Ginger Baker's Vol 1 of Air Force 2.  hahahaha

Ginger_Baker.jpg

Yea, Ginger Baker would sound soooo much better w/a couple nice big Danley subs cookin in here,

Next up.  Fagan & Nightfly.  Gonna appease him shortly...  Heaven forbid if I didn't!  lol

I'm sooooo evil like that!  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Now something from north of the border and spinning an album from 1978 by a Canadian rock band 

They only released 3 LPs and I just happened to like and purchase this one when released 

The group opened for The Stampeders, Rush, April Wine and Max Webster.

Ian Thomas wrote these songs 

Santana - Hold On

Manfred Mann - The Runner

Chicago - Chains

America - Right Before Your Eyes 

Bette Midler - To Comfort You 

Artist - Ian Thomas Band 

Title - Still Here 

Album ID -  https://www.discogs.com/Ian-Thomas-Band-Still-Here/release/8823283

B615-F6-EE-FBC7-4251-A612-9631-F03-E3-C8

• Like 5

Just a lazy day yesterday...

Always room for a lil free-form improv.  King Crimson's 10th album released in 1984 and the last with Robert Fripp, Adrian Belew, Tony Levin and Bi Bruford.  

Fripp described the first side (left) of the lp as "accessible and the "right" side of the album as "excessive."  It works!  lol

King-Crimson-Three-of-a-Perfect-Pair-198

Great old "split" album from 1974 with each artist recording 4 songs with the others adding a bit of "confusion" cause they were thinking "group" instead of single artists..  Kottke kicked things  up a bit with his 6 and 12 string work while Fahey used his fingerpicking style.  A well received album back in the "day." 

leo_kottle.jpg

Then a lil "Nightfly" and into a ton of Steely Dan!  It worked but now...

image.png.4bc2a100231ffe79a0b0ac2e34916b1f.png

😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Man I'd like to hear that second one with Leo Kottke and friends but that King Crimson is the first whole record of theirs I heard besides hearing Court of the Crimson King on the radio back then.

I have about a bakers dozen LPs by Leo Kottke including that one 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

I have about a bakers dozen LPs by Leo Kottke including that one 😎

& I've seen you put a few up here the last few years. That got me to listen a bit until I got mine.

• Like 2

If you consider yourself a cynic, well, I've got the cure!

It's Now & Then from the Carpenters, my thrifstore find of the day.  I paid €4.5 for it, it is in mint condition and from 1973.

I bought it 'blind' because I didn't know the album, but when walking home, I listened to it on Spotify, and boy, what familiar tunes on this album.

The album dates back to the early 1970s and to me, it sounds like an escape from cynicism altogether!

Here is a nice review, with reference to 'nostalgia': https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/carpenters-now-and-then-album/ 

PSX_20210420_165036.jpg

PSX_20210420_165017.jpg

PSX_20210420_165002.jpg

PSX_20210420_164942.jpg

PSX_20210420_164923.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Can't slip a Leo Kottke in here for love or money.  Thunking Paul is holding out on us Johnboy!  lolol  He's sneaky like that me thinks!

Nice finds there Melo!  Thrift stores clean up anymore on LP's.  

Ok, back to work here.  Spent the last hour getting all the goodies around to put this LAST shelf up.  Say a prayer cause if this wall comes tumbling down I'm in BIG trouble.  If it holds I swear I'm done buying.  Honest!  I know you ALL believe that!   😂

Pics coming soon then.  Now it's how do I decide what to put where when I start hammering nails for the framed stuff?  Decisions, decisions...  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pics coming soon then.  Now it's how do I decide what to put where when I start hammering nails for the framed stuff?  Decisions, decisions...  😂

Studfinders...not the one in the lounge sipping a Grasshopper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1