Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Following up on an earlier post about the Carpenters' Then & Now, and humbly admitting I didn't know anything about the band, but I did recognize their hit songs, I decided to do some more research... and the Karen Carpenter story is actually heartbreaking tragical... Relevant detail the cover art of this album: the house behind the Ferrari is the house where they grew up and where the mother died. 

"But there was a tragic discrepancy between her public and private selves. Offstage, away from the spotlight, she felt desperately unloved by her mother, Agnes, who favoured Richard, and struggled with low self-esteem, eventually developing anorexia nervosa from which she never recovered. She died at the age of 32."

Read about it here: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2010/oct/24/karen-carpenter-anorexia-book-extract

PSX_20210420_165002.thumb.jpg.7e1408a579205f6bdb33e21e160771a9.jpgPSX_20210420_164923.thumb.jpg.61a98385af55161db8baf501c74755c6.jpg

With hindsight, this BBC interview is terribly revealing:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Following up on an earlier post about the Carpenters' Then & Now, and humbly admitting I didn't know anything about the band, but I did recognize their hit songs, I decided to do some more research... and the Karen Carpenter story is actually heartbreaking tragical... Relevant detail the cover art of this album: the house behind the Ferrari is the house where they grew up and where the mother died. 

"But there was a tragic discrepancy between her public and private selves. Offstage, away from the spotlight, she felt desperately unloved by her mother, Agnes, who favoured Richard, and struggled with low self-esteem, eventually developing anorexia nervosa from which she never recovered. She died at the age of 32."

great voice ... and she could play the drums.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't EVEN sneeze in here!  Already found a way to shove a couple more feet of albums in a couple places even AFTER the shelf is up!  I guess I can buy a few more now!  Yay me!  😂

IMG-20210420-143033163.jpg

Now to move a few things around like the light to the right of the table, a lil dusting and a bunch of nail holes for the art work.  I think it's gonna work but time will tell.  I sure hope it does!  😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Don't EVEN sneeze in here!  Already found a way to shove a couple more feet of albums in a couple places even AFTER the shelf is up!  I guess I can buy a few more now!  Yay me!  😂

IMG-20210420-143033163.jpg

Now to move a few things around like the light to the right of the table, a lil dusting and a bunch of nail holes for the art work.  I think it's gonna work but time will tell.  I sure hope it does!  😂

but that looks pretty adventurous, do not think that this construction holds in the long term. smilie_sy_001.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I just did a 'pie are square" thingy on some shelving I found for $10.  The back underside of the shelves are lagged into the wall studs with some heavy duty heat treated 4" screws.  Just a spin off on the old concrete block and 12" stained shelving board I started with a long time ago.  Then added the 4 shelf 4 foot long inch oak cabinet w/the recessed sliding glass doors.  THEN the shelves came back into play,  THEN the newer shelving w/the short piece being the last of it.  Never thought I'd need it but...  In all I've got about $30 in the shelving and screws.  Yea, it's gonna work hopefully but I love doing things on the cheap.  Had three guys show up to help and laff at me telling me it wouldn't work.  Same thing they told me when I put the 6' shelf up below it.  They're pricey too.  They cost me a case of beer and a pack of smokes.  Just to laff at me.  Hope it holds cause I don't wanna take one for the team.   😂

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

Good to listen to stunning music from a master guitarist that makes it look simple

You got that right brother.  He's fantastic live.  Just does his thang!  Now I've gotta dig a bit to see what I can come up with.   It's time well spent! 

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Yardbirds double LP

😂 I need to "borrow" that one too!  Ok, just send both of them!   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3