Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

May be an image of text that says 'ME: wasn't even that drunk" Friend:" you threw a mushroom at a midget and said GROW MARIO GROW"'

Been cookin some RSD stuff all afternoon...  I'll slip a post up later with a few thoughts. Yea, rough night last nite @ Jam Night.  Walked in and stopped to grab a couple Diet Pepsi's and one of the guys was there so I got him a double shot of Crown.  I survived but I know a couple who didn't.  lol

• Like 4

This guy?  Tommy Bolin's "Energy II" isn't really a bad album but so many don't take into consideration the way things were in the late 60's and early 70's.  Sounds were sounds it was how they could improvise and not only sound good but become a God.  Started with his group Zephyr, continued workin with The James Gang and even a stint with Deep Purple.  Some good stuff with a 15 minute solo burning up all of side 2.

IMG-20210619-153234448.jpg

A "different" kinda Canned Heat.  Some sweet bluesy versions of their stuff.

IMG-20210619-161428053.jpg

JIMMY ROGERS ALL STARS BLUES BAND - Chicago totally jams the only down side is the fact that it's ANOTHER 3-sided record package!  This becomes the norm Imma gonna start a revolution!  It's a great album w/appearances by: EC,Fulson, Healey, Mick, Taj Mahal, Page, Plant, Keef and Stephen Stills. I didn't pay too much attention to that until I started listening.  I think they did it to play a lil game with us.  Who's that in this cut?  You been there I'm sure.  Does what it's supposed to do though!  

IMG-20210619-174019538.jpg

Of course I saved this til last.  :)  Willie Dixon's "I AM THE BLUES" is pretty amazing and one I'd grab again.  Yup, it's him.  ALL him!

IMG-20210619-192825991.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The only 3-sided album I’m familiar with is the old Johnny Winter one.  The explanation for that album being 3-sided was that there weren’t enough songs for a double album, but if they crammed them all onto a single disc, they would have to compromise the recording level, and the volume would be too low as a result.

Is that why this album of yours is like this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Welllllll, the thing that set off, lol, the rant is that one of the new Yes lps stamped their logo all over the 4th side.  Zero on it.    Today I went to play "side 4" of an lp, which was stated to be a double lp and there was another blank side?  Sure I really did get TWO lp's BUT???  WHY master a side 4 if we can get away with it to cut costs?  WE make more money!  Well, WE ALL KNOW they have something laying around they save for later.  Different versions, etc, they could stick in there. 

Ya really want some food for thought?  Mick is a business wizard!  Everyone knows that.  See what the Stones are doing now?  Releasing different versions of their great old stuff.  Ohhhh, a new tweek for an old crowd who loves us.  They're all gonna get this new version now too.  Gimme,, gimme! 

Next time you're on the road listen for it w/all their new "old" versions.  You're head will do a double-take for sure.   THAT I guarantee!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Islander said:

The only 3-sided album I’m familiar with is the old Johnny Winter one.  The explanation for that album being 3-sided was that there weren’t enough songs for a double album, but if they crammed them all onto a single disc, they would have to compromise the recording level, and the volume would be too low as a result.

Second Winter...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Welllllll, the thing that set off, lol, the rant is that one of the new Yes lps stamped their logo all over the 4th side.  Zero on it.    Today I went to play "side 4" of an lp, which was stated to be a double lp and there was another blank side?  Sure I really did get TWO lp's BUT???  WHY master a side 4 if we can get away with it to cut costs?  WE make more money!  Well, WE ALL KNOW they have something laying around they save for later.  Different versions, etc, they could stick in there. 

Ya really want some food for thought?  Mick is a business wizard!  Everyone knows that.  See what the Stones are doing now?  Releasing different versions of their great old stuff.  Ohhhh, a new tweek for an old crowd who loves us.  They're all gonna get this new version now too.  Gimme,, gimme! 

Next time you're on the road listen for it w/all their new "old" versions.  You're head will do a double-take for sure.   THAT I guarantee!  :)

Gimme Shelter...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Allan Songer said:

In MINT condition! 1A stampers too. A thrift store find in the 1980s - the vinyl was sealed in the inner “baggie” when I bought it for $1.

best score EVER!

Sooooo jealous of your collection! Respect! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Islander said:

I have a 3 sided album of Diana Krall, Turn up the quiet. Side D is one long, empty track. I can't understand why they didn't put some bonus tracks there. 

An empty track is useful though, to test gear for instance... But I like Krall's voice better. 

IMG_20201114_220125.thumb.jpg.b38b73885274cbbf4ba21aa76118052e.jpgPSX_20201114_220534.thumb.jpg.6c2fcba92d116d8a6eb4202910bbf08a.jpg

• Like 6

Happy Father's Day to all you mudders!  😂  Yes it was the coffee spit a minute ago.  I DON'T have a Monty Python album so change my mind???  Almost noon here, talked to both daughters already so that's outta the way.  Now I'm thinkin it's time to fire up the gas for the hood.  This place is funny.  Either the neighbors don't mind or they're scared to death to say anything too me but they've GOT to hear me.  Couple beside me said it's fine they kinda enjoy listening in the back yard.  Two families behind me got a "yea, we can kinda hear it but it's fine."  I mean how far can I really push them?  Bwa ha ha...  Today COULD be the day!  It's Father's Day after all.  Enjoy yours.

Shhhh, I'm comin up with a playlist for them...  It's goin DOWN!!!  LOL

• Thanks 2