Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 6/21/2021 at 2:40 AM, mustang_flht said:

Mine

sorry for the bad photo

DSC_0521.thumb.JPG.d871351546bb257e4702b2acd9d66869.JPG

Have you tried shining a light directly down on that side of the LP?  If the rotation speed of the disc synchs with the 60 cycle flicker of the light (which is invisible to us, of course), you may see that the figures appear to move.  Jack White’s Lazaretto Ultra LP with every trick on it has a fairy design scratched onto the part of the disc after the last groove, and when you shine a light down on the record, she appears to dance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Have you tried shining a light directly down on that side of the LP?  If the rotation speed of the disc synchs with the 60 cycle flicker of the light (which is invisible to us, of course), you may see that the figures appear to move.  Jack White’s Lazaretto Ultra LP with every trick on it has a fairy design scratched onto the part of the disc after the last groove, and when you shine a light down on the record, she appears to dance.

Cool 😎 

• Like 3

Hahahaha  :)   It's got my buddy alllll over it so I'll insert my fav phrase with him here.  "You're learnin!"  He swings by every day or so for beer and to give things a listen.  He's a ball grabbin with one hand and the other raised to the sky rockin vocalist.  He's really not too bad and has all the lyrics so he fits on jam nite.  A legend in his own mind shall we say?  lol  I'm  on a mission with him.  Gonna convert him to somewhat of an audiophile.  He's gotta have that volume in your face and we all know LS can do that easily.  After a year of that garbage I finally blew a gasket.  I dropped the volume level and explained why.  It's actually working, he's got his beer and sittin in the driver's seat enjoying.  He's even admitted it sounds better.  Amazing!  RSDay has come and gone so I'm workin my way thru some I picked up.  "He's learnin!" maybe!  😂

It's been a "throw down" around here lately.  A slice of my life.  hahaha

IMG-20210619-153234448-2.jpg

IMG-20210619-161428053-2.jpg

IMG-20210619-174019538-3.jpg

^^^^^ Great LP right there sports fans!  The Canned Heat LP is comprised of a lot of their cuts w/a blues twist.  The Bolin isn't too bad with side 2 being a 14 minute solo.

IMG-20210622-184643549-2.jpg

😂  Change up?  Of course!  Made him suffer before I put the Willie on! 😂 

IMG-20210619-192825991-3.jpg

^^^^^ OUTSTANDING!  :)  Had to listen to a sing-a-long though!  😂

@Full Range Zero on that Styx LP!  Grrrrrrrr...  YOU, my friend, might have the only copy on the planet!  lol  Doubt it but maybe!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow, seriously curious about that all-star LP with all those names being a part of it! I reeled in a Tommy Bolin last year and it's pretty good, you've put that one up twice lately so it must be a good one too!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Zero on that Styx LP!  Grrrrrrrr...  YOU, my friend, might have the only copy on the planet!  lol  Doubt it but maybe!  :)

Nahh I don’t have the new Styx LP either 

Just posted it up as a heads up of the new release 

• Haha 3

Hi friends, glad you are having fun.
Unfortunately, I still do not have time and muse to be more often with you. My wife is doing quite well, but the radiologists do not know how to help her. We are very glad that the initial findings (tumor) were not confirmed in the special clinic. Nevertheless, she has to be operated and it will be a very complicated intervention into the spinal cord. We will see how it goes and are in good spirits.  It is summer in Germany, the big vacations start soon. My children will go to France (Brittany), that will give me some time and rest. Somehow my whole life has been turned upside down. When I have a little time for myself, I play table tennis again in my club or I ride my sports bike around the nearby lake to recover from the daily exertions. Everything will be fine , hope so ........

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

@MicroMara - Keeping sane in a lake of doubt is not easy 

When I had my cancer I found singing silently it myself some of my favourite tracks was very helpful 

Any time any day and at any activity 

My wife is a doctor of chemistry, even if she works as a teacher, she is a scientist and unfortunately does not believe in things that are not scientifically provable. But she can really have fun with the images of the MRI / magnetic resonance imaging. There she is completely thrilled ....:)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

My wife is a doctor of chemistry, even if she works as a teacher, she is a scientist and unfortunately does not believe in things that are not scientifically provable. But she can really have fun with the images of the MRI / magnetic resonance imaging. There she is completely thrilled ....:)

As a mechanical engineer I sometimes think of structures and mechanisms to re-design stuff 

It’s just a mechanism to keep my mind working in harmony 

And singing stops one from panic thinking 

Just remember the patients partner (you)  also has stress 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

As a mechanical engineer I sometimes think of structures and mechanisms to re-design stuff 

It’s just a mechanism to keep my mind working in harmony 

And singing stops one from panic thinking 

Just remember the patients partner (you)  also has stress 

I got my mantras ....they´help a lot ......

soothing-motto-mantra-gifs-adam-kurtz-11.gif.523b459318b762b4abe923b378b6923d.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

you've put that one up twice lately so it must be a good one too!

Eh, nothing special. it'a a good listen though.  I've got so much stuff stacked here I don't know what I've posted and what I haven't!  lol

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Nahh I don’t have the new Styx LP either 

Just posted it up as a heads up of the new release 

Tease!  The world-wide release date was June 18th though.  :)

• Su

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Had some fun last night w/my buddy.  He played Nazareth's "Raz" about 3-4 days ago yet it was still laying on the butcher block.  Granted I've got a 10-inch pile to go thru and a sizeable run on the new shelf now so it was time.  "When ya gonna put that Nazareth away you got out?  'well I flagged it for ya just like you said to do.' " He's learnin but his mother doesn't work here anymore!  So I'm doin the spinning and when he starts wanting something he likes you know what's gonna happen.  :)  Typical wannabe rock star.  He puts it away then I'll entertain his requests.  Youngin's!  hahahaha  Sure I'll tell him!  :)  He's fun and I always win.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Of Topic now ....

@MeloManiac  , @mustang_flht , @AndreG., so friends ....whose gonna win the european soccer championship ?  Since yesterday the Portugese and Netherlands are kicked out , France and Belgium are very very good , Germany ? No idea right now , may they ´ll win against England at Wembley , Spain is very strong as well , any opinions ?

• Like 4