Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 7/8/2021 at 6:13 PM, MeloManiac said:

I misunderstood... 

No. I paid only 2.5 euro for the 7 LPS box! 

It was 5 euro for the Gipsy Kings album. Still a bargain, in mint condition. 

Gipsy Kings: they are from my region, I live 12km from Arles and I have already eaten at the restaurant at the table next to them, around 2014 when they won a Grammy Award: nice and simple, people admirable with the public 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Gipsy Kings: they are from my region, I live 12km from Arles and I have already eaten at the restaurant at the table next to them, around 2014 when they won a Grammy Award: nice and simple, people admirable with the public 👍

Quite right, it is a French produced album. They scored huge hits in Belgium too, at the end of the 80s. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here’s a new one for my collection
LP at 45rpm and limited number master pressing
Not sure if I’ll ever open it, it just looks to good to open. I ordered it 8 weeks ago and just got it yesterday
This is my first 12” LP with the 45rpm speed
Is the sound really that much better?
35e6dda6c9135a3c1e75a003c7698da7.jpg
dc5b9aede0c10f8b266097ff6a82b06f.jpg
d08276738e0432a50fe4218b39135189.jpg
5ce6a74b9860c5e316479774b1c98b39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Do 45 rpm 12" LPs sound better to you than 33 rpm 12" LPs?  Only YOU can decide (in deep Smokey the Bear voice).  Yes, they should sound better, but how they sound to you on your system is all that matters, not what some hi-fi magazine writer may say.  Happy listening!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hey @carlthess40 had a U2 45 that my old YAH P52 could play. Not sure but I do know for a fact that a Master Recording can let you hear things that might be edited out of the second or third releases. Like guitar string finger scratches before a pick or strum.

I'm sure the pressing is better on yours than on mine that I got when it first came out! That is my favorite of all of theirs.

• Like 3

^^^^^^^^  What he said.  Then you can buy the second one to save!  If there are any left.  Decisions, decisions...  [emoji23]

I was thinking of getting a second copy, but when they had the pre order, they had a limit of one copy per order, I’ll see if I can score a second one now

• Like 3

6 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Here’s a new one for my collection
LP at 45rpm and limited number master pressing
Not sure if I’ll ever open it, it just looks to good to open. I ordered it 8 weeks ago and just got it yesterday
This is my first 12” LP with the 45rpm speed
Is the sound really that much better?
35e6dda6c9135a3c1e75a003c7698da7.jpg
dc5b9aede0c10f8b266097ff6a82b06f.jpg
d08276738e0432a50fe4218b39135189.jpg
5ce6a74b9860c5e316479774b1c98b39.jpg

it's on 2 lp's... the 45 rpm is like using a r2r faster the speed better sound quality..

https://thereeltoreelrambler.com/reel-to-reel-tape-a-beginners-guide/tape-formats/

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I see you George!  @MicroMara  Hope things are well with you all.  :)

Hi Dave and all others here....

Well, things are developing for the hopefully positive. My wife has to go back to the hospital tomorrow, where she is now receiving cortisone infusions after the professors determined that the nerve endings in the spinal cord are frayed. The doctors see this as the actual cause of my wife's right-sided movement restrictions. I hope these infusions will help her.All we can do is to trust the doctors right now.

My children have been on vacation in France for a few days, which is good, so at least they have some distance from the problems at home.

Well, and me? I ride my bike a lot, have to take care of the garden, enjoy the summer as much as I can. My audio system is out of order for weeks, I had the system on almost every day last winter and spring, so a longer break can not hurt. 

Here is my new pimped lawn mower that goes ....like a Formula 1 Racecar

0009.jpg.9b96bf9d19f809df76eac64d34416124.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

With extensive landscaping of my yard, I have only about 50 sq meters of grass 

But that doesn’t stop me from wanting a formula 1 mower 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Full Range said:

With extensive landscaping of my yard, I have only about 50 sq meters of grass 

But that doesn’t stop me from wanting a formula 1 mower 

But you only get the Honda.....

1935537252_rasenmher.jpg.0fd5a63488e5a559356e47930742e69a.jpg

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Well, things are developing for the hopefully positive. My wife has to go back to the hospital tomorrow, where she is now receiving cortisone infusions after the professors determined that the nerve endings in the spinal cord are frayed. The doctors see this as the actual cause of my wife's right-sided movement restrictions. I hope these infusions will help her.All we can do is to trust the doctors right now.

My children have been on vacation in France for a few days, which is good, so at least they have some distance from the problems at home.

Well, and me? I ride my bike a lot, have to take care of the garden, enjoy the summer as much as I can. My audio system is out of order for weeks, I had the system on almost every day last winter and spring, so a longer break can not hurt. 

Well, that has to be the coolest mower I've ever seen!  How is is in the hairpin turns at each side of the lawn, or do you just flip the handle over and head back without turning the mower?

As for nerves, it's funny how some nerves look just like phone system wires, except they're not colour-coded.  They have insulation, called myelin, and if it gets damaged, you get current leakage and lowered bandwidth, just like with metal wires.  It's a pity that the doctors can't just pull some lengths of generic nerve tissue off the shelf or out of the fridge/freezer and swap them in for the damaged nerves.  I'm not making light of your wife's situation.  I know what nerve problems are like, and how difficult they can be to adapt to.  It's no picnic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad things are looking up all around it seems, which is great for everyone!  Now this mower of yours...  You realize what kind of a course I could lay out here in my yard?  I could take the hood to a new level of lawn care with that thing  😂  The Mid-Ohio road course is about 25 miles East of me here sooooo...  😂  I want!  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My lil gem.  Took it in for service this spring and got hit w/a "Yanno Dave you really DO need a new zero-turn mower"  Why?  Mine runs fine now get to work!  Curmudgeon mode at it's finest!  "Hey!  You kids get outta my yard!"

The International Cub Cadet 105 was built by International Harvester from 1967 to 1969 in the Louisville, Kentucky, USA factory. It featured a 10 hp (7.5 kW) Kohler engine.  Hydraulic 48" mower deck is attached below.

image.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

My lil gem.  Took it in for service this spring and got hit w/a "Yanno Dave you really DO need a new zero-turn mower"  Why?  Mine runs fine now get to work!  Curmudgeon mode at it's finest!  "Hey!  You kids get outta my yard!"

The International Cub Cadet 105 was built by International Harvester from 1967 to 1969 in the Louisville, Kentucky, USA factory. It featured a 10 hp (7.5 kW) Kohler engine.  Hydraulic 48" mower deck is attached below.

image.png

looks like that this is the model 2021 ....

Rammy_Front.thumb.jpg.b5b0424132872926fdd23c56265d2720.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Change number to 21... cool!

• Like 1