Jump to content

Vinyl - Record Spinning


Full Range

Recommended Posts

On 7/29/2021 at 12:39 AM, Full Range said:


It’s like a road map, similar to my crossovers as the same gentleman built them using my units as a template / guide 


Photo is the underside of my crossovers 

 

image.jpg

6-E498-E4-F-D5-E4-483-E-9-AF8-00-AECDFCB

 

Paul , coming back to yours and your  friend´s 3 Way X-Over´s .......no resistors are used in such a three way network , can you explain what´s behind ?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

He is now also already 75 years old and thinks of his musical legacy, who knows how much time he still has, Freddy Mercury is now also gone 30 years ago. It's okay, he does nothing different than all other successful artists.Setting a last musical monument

It was just a statement, not a judgment.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Paul , coming back to yours and your  friend´s 3 Way X-Over´s .......no resistors are used in such a three way network , can you explain what´s behind ?


His speakers have different high / low htz specks 
We had many listening sessions with several different configurations until we came to this setup 

My ears were used to fine tune the crossover points 

 

It’s been a while since I was over there and I’m sure no resistors were used in the final build 

Look closely at the system photo and you will see a test crossover on top of the speaker 😎

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time to tighten up the ship today!  Decided to slip the VPI in at the end of the shelf then one move to the table and GO!  The joys of RB LS?  Somewhere to put things and they don't show dirt! and dust!   :)   

 

IMG-20210731-210324488.jpg

 

Big pile to un-zip since I haven't had time to do squat.  

 

Decided to chase a few woven dreams tonight with this new release.  Sounds amazing IF you liked the old pressing you're gonna love this one!

 

IMG-20210731-205746979.jpg

 

Time to get this show on the road in here!  

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sandals? Sandals on a rocker?

Must be time to kick back.

I'll throw y'all for a loop, this gal can spin a golden oldie!

 

 

 

*Jokin' bud, I've been in flip-flops all day today

Edited by JohnJ
*
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That record has blown my mind today .....smilie_happy_044.gif

 

The Mahavishnu Orchestra is considered one of the most important jazz rock/fusion bands of the 1970s. It was founded in 1971 by John McLaughlin. In addition to McLaughlin (guitar), the band featured Jerry Goodman (violin), Jan Hammer (keyboards), Rick Laird (electric bass) and Billy Cobham (drums).

 

John McLaughlin had adopted the name Mahavishnu under the influence of his guru Sri Chinmoy around 1970. He already had a good reputation as a jazz guitarist before founding the Mahavishnu Orchestra and had played with Miles Davis and Jimi Hendrix, among others. McLaughlin already knew bassist Laird and drummer Cobham from earlier projects. The Mahavishnu Orchestra, formed with them as well as violinist Goodman and keyboardist Hammer, already had great success with its first two releases The Inner Mounting Flame (1972) and Birds of Fire (1973). The band's first live performance in Europe was at the Jazz Now Festival as part of the Olympic Games cultural program in Munich on August 17, 1972. Rolling Stone magazine voted The Inner Mounting Flame #75 in its 2013 list The 100 Best Jazz Albums, and the group demonstrated its skills live on the album Between Nothingness & Eternity, which also received attention. As McLaughlin grew more and more distant from his fellow players, due in part to his orientation to the Indian religion and his ties to Sri Chinmoy, the original Mahavishnu Orchestra had already broken up in 1973 before the release of the live album.

 

McLaughlin recorded the album Love Devotion Surrender in 1973 with Carlos Santana, another follower of Chinmoy. In 1974 he reformed the Mahavishnu Orchestra with Jean-Luc Ponty (violin), Narada Michael Walden (drums, percussion), Ralphe Armstrong (bass), Gayle Moran and Stu Goldberg (keyboards), respectively. For the first album in the new line-up, Apocalypse, George Martin could be won over as a producer, and musicians of the London Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Michael Tilson Thomas also participated. Two more albums were recorded, but the new band did not reach the level and success of the first lineup, so McLaughlin disbanded the Mahavishnu Orchestra again in 1975 to play acoustic music with Indian influences with his new band Shakti. In the 1980s there was another attempt to revive the Mahavishnu Orchestra, this time with Bill Evans (saxophone), Jim Beard (keyboard), Billy Cobham (drums) and Jonas Hellborg (bass), among others, but with moderate success.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@MicroMara

Got one of his with Carlos it's a White Album outside anyhow... white linen and background. It's got a time when I can listen to it. But after finishing my Frank Marino (Think JIMI) listen and pulled this up I hear Jean Luc jamming big time!

 

*Wait...that isn't Jean Luc Ponty in Lilas Dance?

pulled it up.. it is, the Goodman violinist must be elsewhere

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@MicroMara

Got one of his with Carlos it's a White Album outside anyhow... white linen and background. It's got a time when I can listen to it. But after finishing my Frank Marino (Think JIMI) listen and pulled this up I hear Jean Luc jamming big time!

 

*Wait...that isn't Jean Luc Ponty in Lilas Dance?

pulled it up.. it is, the Goodman violinist must be elsewhere

It´s Luc Ponty 😂

 

once you spun a record there , if I´m not wrong ...Carlos Santana And Mahawishnu..Love , Devotion, Surrender ... I do remember

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 4:36 AM, Dave1291 said:

Time to tighten up the ship today!  Decided to slip the VPI in at the end of the shelf then one move to the table and GO!  The joys of RB LS?  Somewhere to put things and they don't show dirt! and dust!   :)   

 

IMG-20210731-210324488.jpg

 

Big pile to un-zip since I haven't had time to do squat. 

 

 

Dave ......I cought you , we see what  you were doin ...the other side of your room ....

 

Dave.jpg.4f8abf234617f7055d5a992c12e3b83c.jpg

 

dave2.jpg.8e7df211cfe274fde92173fe6ffe1e5a.jpg

 

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darn you caught it.  I'd NEVER put my feet on that cherry coffee table.  Only way my feet ever go up is in a recliner, which I don't have.  lol  Thought John might catch it but knew you wouldn't miss a shot!  hahahaha!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MicroMara said:

That record has blown my mind today .....smilie_happy_044.gif

 

The Mahavishnu Orchestra is considered one of the most important jazz rock/fusion bands of the 1970s. It was founded in 1971 by John McLaughlin. In addition to McLaughlin (guitar), the band featured Jerry Goodman (violin), Jan Hammer (keyboards), Rick Laird (electric bass) and Billy Cobham (drums).

 

John McLaughlin had adopted the name Mahavishnu under the influence of his guru Sri Chinmoy around 1970. He already had a good reputation as a jazz guitarist before founding the Mahavishnu Orchestra and had played with Miles Davis and Jimi Hendrix, among others. McLaughlin already knew bassist Laird and drummer Cobham from earlier projects. The Mahavishnu Orchestra, formed with them as well as violinist Goodman and keyboardist Hammer, already had great success with its first two releases The Inner Mounting Flame (1972) and Birds of Fire (1973). The band's first live performance in Europe was at the Jazz Now Festival as part of the Olympic Games cultural program in Munich on August 17, 1972. Rolling Stone magazine voted The Inner Mounting Flame #75 in its 2013 list The 100 Best Jazz Albums, and the group demonstrated its skills live on the album Between Nothingness & Eternity, which also received attention. As McLaughlin grew more and more distant from his fellow players, due in part to his orientation to the Indian religion and his ties to Sri Chinmoy, the original Mahavishnu Orchestra had already broken up in 1973 before the release of the live album.

 

McLaughlin recorded the album Love Devotion Surrender in 1973 with Carlos Santana, another follower of Chinmoy. In 1974 he reformed the Mahavishnu Orchestra with Jean-Luc Ponty (violin), Narada Michael Walden (drums, percussion), Ralphe Armstrong (bass), Gayle Moran and Stu Goldberg (keyboards), respectively. For the first album in the new line-up, Apocalypse, George Martin could be won over as a producer, and musicians of the London Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Michael Tilson Thomas also participated. Two more albums were recorded, but the new band did not reach the level and success of the first lineup, so McLaughlin disbanded the Mahavishnu Orchestra again in 1975 to play acoustic music with Indian influences with his new band Shakti. In the 1980s there was another attempt to revive the Mahavishnu Orchestra, this time with Bill Evans (saxophone), Jim Beard (keyboard), Billy Cobham (drums) and Jonas Hellborg (bass), among others, but with moderate success.

 

 

 

 

PSX_20210303_084236.thumb.jpg.ed08bb101ea700930b67a7f27c1facf0.jpg

 

Bought this CD 30 years ago. Still remember the pleasently surprised reaction of the shop keeper. Trippy and already Indian influences. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...