Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Greetings! I have to say that, I SPIN everyday. There are so many LP's that have been posted, that I listen to. Just to lazy to post them. So for all the replies that I hit ''yuz'' with. Please don't think I'm trolling..... ''🈁''

BTW- Springstein suxs!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Some of you may have noticed there were fewer of my posts of late. This doesn't mean that I haven't been listening to vinyl records. In fact, my Leben CS300 has been working double shifts as an amplifier and as a room heating device.

The reason is that, being a writer (some of you probably have figured out that's what I do, next to teaching), I've been working really hard on my novel. I've come to a particularly 'heavy' section in it, where the inspiritation in part comes from my personal life. Yesterday, I literally caught myself fighting against my tears as I was reliving a wake for a friend of mine who died fifteen years ago in a car accident. This wake (memorial reception) had a profound effect on me personally.  In the presence of my friend's parents, his wife and young children, I totally crashed and wasn't able to speak or move for about 30 minutes. So yesterday, I used this very personal experience for my novel, and it all came back, even now, when I'm writing this post on this form, tears are welling up.

All through my life, music, especially listening to vinyl records, has been an emotional outlet for me on moments when things get a bit rough.

This morning, during my oldest soccer match, I paid a visit to a local record store. This is what I got, to weapon myself for the next Melo-moment:

PSX_20220109_122433.jpg

PSX_20220109_103702.jpg

PSX_20220109_102914.jpg

PSX_20220109_100358.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Some of you may have noticed there were fewer of my posts of late. This doesn't mean that I haven't been listening to vinyl records. In fact, my Leben CS300 has been working double shifts as an amplifier and as a room heating device.

The reason is that, being a writer (some of you probably have figured out that's what I do, next to teaching), I've been working really hard on my novel. I've come to a particularly 'heavy' section in it, where the inspiritation in part comes from my personal life. Yesterday, I literally caught myself fighting against my tears as I was reliving a wake for a friend of mine who died fifteen years ago in a car accident. This wake (memorial reception) had a profound effect on me personally.  In the presence of my friend's parents, his wife and young children,

Someone young, leaving a young family behind is particularly shocking;

even when someone is older and has been ill, it's still tough.

I've lost almost the entire generation ahead of me in our large family. Many lived into their 90s, others 70s. Fortunately none died in accidents.

I totally crashed and wasn't able to speak or move for about 30 minutes. So yesterday, I used this very personal experience for my novel, and it all came back, even now, when I'm writing this post on this form, tears are welling up.

Try to avoid putting yourself into a negative feedback loop.

Eyes forward, keep moving.

Try to have some personal goals for every day, week, month and year.

And check off the successes every day. Reflect on your accomplishments each day, and move to the next task.

- Yesterday I sorted out, categorized and boxed approx 1000 Cds I acquired from a DJ and a Professional singer who fronts multiple retro bands. Two great collections one New Age, the other Rock-Pop. I typically listen to 100 new CDs each year, so I have my work cut out for me.

- Last year, my garden goal was bananas in Chicago, plants achieved 3-4 meters, but no bananas

- Previous year it was 5 meter sunflowers 72 of them , achieved.

- Haven't decided on a goal for this summer yet, need some inspiration....

- I thought with the high gas prices, this year would be good for purchasing a 4 wheel drive gas hog. No one is selling, and those coming to market are high miles, in rough shape.... TBC

Every day I ask my 96 year old mother the same question on the phone, "What did you do today" ? She has a list in her head, but also started keeping a spiral notebook 20 years ago with notes for each day and important events and ToDo items.

All through my life, music, especially listening to vinyl records, has been an emotional outlet for me on moments when things get a bit rough.

Purchased my first stereo when I was 13, have never looked back. Living in the Past was one of my first LPs Jethro Tull.

This morning, during my oldest soccer match, I paid a visit to a local record store. This is what I got, to weapon myself for the next Melo-moment:

Our Children are the future, good place to invest your time ...

My daughter graduated a well known University this May, and found employment in her area of study. Now the learning begins.

She also moved out of Chicago, thank God.

Her goal is to move to TX, where the future and now are located.

While I will miss her being close, I plan to assist her relocation and give her some staying power.

My mother's family were-are explorers, travelers, farmers, entrepreneurs, physicians. They moved to N America in  the very first Colonies from Spain and never looked back. It wasn't easy for a very long time.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Bubo said:

Try to have some personal goals for every day, week, month and year.

And check off the successes every day. Reflect on your accomplishments each day, and move to the next task.

For me, writing books is my goal in life (next to raising a family). It is also my way of keeping sane in this mad world. If I can write a couple of pages per day, I'm feeling good. My routine is putting on a record, start walking rounds in my living room and gettin gthe words right, and then sit down and start punching the keyboard of my laptop. A mug of Arabica coffee or red berries herbal tea keeps me going! I like the fact that my Technics SL DL1 has a repeat function. I can stay in the flow for hours, like that!

PSX_20220109_145615.jpg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, MicroMara said:

It has become really cold in the afternoon, now it's snowing outside, the storm blows with icy cold around our house on the hill. I could also turn the heaters up further to be warmer , however the warmth of the fireplace is much more comfortable.now it is also cozy warm , beautiful then I can continue to listen to music.

Feuer.thumb.jpg.c367f2ce21f630162e33255e759aa26d.jpg

We do the same, however, our standard for icy cold is a bit warmer. 25`F is considered icy here

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I like the fact that my Technics SL DL1 has a repeat function. I can stay in the flow for hours, like that!

PSX_20220109_145615.jpg

quite comfortable advantage against my tt , I´ll have to be in a hurry lastest all 25 minutes

anigifroadrunner.gif.7d263d4425aefb13936618f65daca61b.gif

but on the other side ...listening to a side of a record more often  make me ...smilie_gr_77.gif

• Haha 3