Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 2/25/2022 at 11:06 PM, Mossy bottom said:

Just saw the thread that Gary Booker passed.  Had to changed my play list.

Procol Harum - A Salty Dog

spacer.png

Those were the days. I attended a couple shows at the Kinetic Playground in Chicago around this time, in fact, the one on this poster with the Moody Blues and Charles Lloyd.

Crazy thinking of Procul Harum and The Dead on the same billing.

large_Kaleidoscope_-_Milwaukee__Wisconsin__Oct_25_-__Nov_07_1968.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Things are warmed up here and found one the other day I hadn't heard in a LONG time.  John Kay's Forgotten Songs & Unsung Heroes from 1972.  His first solo release.  My buddy is sittin here going insane listening to it.  Hahaha...

IMG-20220226-162833439.jpg

If you can find one it's killer!

:)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi mates 🙂   what shall I tell you ? The modem has been blown and it wasn´t so easy to get a new one quickly, than I´m busy with cable contract works , beeing busy to redesign my racks to build in the new dynaco pas 4 tube pre ( the modifiyed is a killer @Full Range ) had done 8 sets of diy rca cables and some new power cords as well for my own gear / purposes.

The funny thing is ....since I have finished the hardware works on the Micro Seiki TT ....there really wasn´t any time to spin a single record smilie_tra_014.gifMeanwhile I´m listening digital sources with the DYNACO Tube Pre and the Marantz SS Power Stage, what a dream team ..I can tell ya.......

So , it was just a quick chim´in to let you know that I´m a live . Once I have finished all my works I´ll be here more often again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Time to introduce you all to the newest addition to my tribe in here.  Nipper!  Saw him at one of my auctioneer's sales.  I'd always wanted one after seeing the one in my local record store in the early 60's. Now which one did I see?  With a lil help from @Mossy bottom on HIS Nipper's story the quest began. 

Is it real or memorex???  I found all kinds of them but a paper mache caught my eye and I do remember they told me was very fragile and chalk.  He wasn't too pricey but it's always gonna be that first bite. 

Not sure what he's worth but yesterday I just happened to see the same one on Paul's McGowan's desk.  That would would be PS Audio's owner.  NOW I'm gonna have to do some real nosin.  Here he is but is he real???  Hmmmmm???

IMG-20220226-185218776.jpg

IMG-20220226-185237373.jpg

Strange how he was built.  3 sections of paper mache (head, middle and hind legs).  Each section pinned together using small brass rounded nails.  The nails were the studs in the collar and joined the hips to the body and then covered with chalk, which is brushed on.

Thoughts?  Yea, he's male.  hahaha  Now anything else?

• Like 6

In the latest news - we are on a statewide flood watch 

Well so far I’m safe from flooding 

But just about all roads are flood affected and cut - So we are stuck at home waiting it out 

Tomorrow may be worse - but as long as we have electricity I can spin some records 

My thoughts went to drifting on a ship during this time, and this album popped into my mind 

Artist - Mike Oldfield 

Title - QE2 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/355112-Mike-Oldfield-QE2

95-DA392-D-7-C1-F-4083-806-C-9-E9205-CFC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1