Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

47 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

I find it difficult to imagine that I have had this album some 51 years and bought it brand new when it was newly released, I had just graduated from highschool a short time before hand, and I am going to be 70 this year !!

Similar story with James Taylor 

My album was Sweet Baby James from 1970 but I’m just over 60 😎😎

• Thanks 2

Paul, this is really a very sweet album!  Highly recommended and nice wide sound stage!  Here are a couple photos of the inner sleeve.   One a very nice story written by James, with all those involved in the recording and performance on the right column.

Flip side.....all the lyrics.  IMG-0299.jpg

IMG-0300.jpg

• Like 2

Rounding out my evening with this promotional NOT for sale copy of fine new age artists on the Narada label.  Says 'Audiophile quality Virgin Vinyl' right on the front cover, I must say, it is a very quiet pressing.  Here is the artwork on both sides of the cover.   Good night Paul and friends, until the weekend.....cheers 🍷   🌙IMG-0301.jpg

IMG-0302.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GWSmith said:

......onto Side B, and the rear cover artwork.  This is actually a gate fold cover with all the lyrics within.  IMG-0295.jpg

And the text is no doubt big enough to read, unlike when the 12" LP art is shrunk down to fit a roughly 5" CD case.  I keep a magnifying glass on the table beside the sofa now, for when I want to read the text on a CD cover.  Even then, it can be too small, like with the 2nd Billie Eilish CD, Happier Than Ever.  On the LP version of that recording, the text is quite small, so shrinking it makes it really tiny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 8:41 PM, Mossy bottom said:

Only three recorded sides on this double lp😭

Side III - Fela Ransome - Kuti and

The Africa '70 with Ginger Baker.

spacer.png

The Johnny Winter double LP, Second Winter, also has only 3 sides of music.  The text on the cover explains that they didn't have enough songs for 4 sides, but compressing the songs they did have to make them all fit on just 2 album sides would have forced the recording to have lower volume (lower bass volume in particular, I'm guessing), which the band deemed to be unacceptable, thus the 3 sides only.

That makes me wonder about those K-Tel compilation LPs that had 10-15 songs on each side.  It's probable that the cheap record payers that many of us used when we were teens weren't good enough to let us hear the difference between those LPs and the more normally recorded ones, which had a maximum of about 22 minutes per side.

• Like 5

A record that is probably best played in the morning rather than my evening spin 

Purchased this record as part of a bulk lot 

I can’t say it’s my preferred style of music but gave it a chance to impress me 

Artist - The Lumineers

Title - The Lumineers

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/3577011-The-Lumineers-The-Lumineers

33-A72-CD1-7-DC2-4-E8-C-ABBC-919-C1525-B

• Like 4

@Mossy bottom yea, alllll of their stuff ages well.  lol  Pulled their new remaster out before I hit the Phoenix show and it sounded great.  I actually neverr pulled out the original Hotel California to listen to.  So the other day I pulled it and played it.  Hands down the winner somehow.  Although they did say when the remasters started that there will be some stuff left untouched.  Don't sell your old stuff just yet!  :)

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@Mossy bottom yea, alllll of their stuff ages well.  lol  Pulled their new remaster out before I hit the Phoenix show and it sounded great.  I actually neverr pulled out the original Hotel California to listen to.  So the other day I pulled it and played it.  Hands down the winner somehow.  Although they did say when the remasters started that there will be some stuff left untouched.  Don't sell your old stuff just yet!  :)

Thanks Dave,  I haven't listened to them too much in the last 10 years or more.  But, Man!  They are sounding so fresh, and this album is so well mixed and produced.. I bought this lip when it was first released, and it's still pretty quiet...no cracks and pops...I saw this tour as well...my one and only time😢

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Interesting to see today that Gilmour pulled all of his & Floyd's stuff outta the USSR.  That's an awful big message to send. 

It doesn't surprise me.  Quite a bit of Pink Floyd's material addresses war, and how little it affects the generals, as in "Forward!" 'He cried from the rear, and the front rank died.'"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Interesting to see today that Gilmour pulled all of his & Floyd's stuff outta the USSR.  That's an awful big message to send. 

I'm currently disgusted by what is happening in the world: two of my three kids covid positive (mild symptoms, luckily) while nobody seems to care about covid anymore, skyrocketing energy prices with terrifying financial implications for the whole of Europe, and worst of all, a terrible war only 2000km away from my home, with intollerable human suffering. To me, listening to music now feels like being on the sinking Titanic while the orchestra keeps playing...

🤕

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Islander said:

It doesn't surprise me.  Quite a bit of Pink Floyd's material addresses war, and how little it affects the generals, as in "Forward!" 'He cried from the rear, and the front rank died.'"

If I was in control of applying sanctions- this is what I would do

List the people behind the push and apply the following 

Monetary sanctions for each individual and government interests 

1 - for every week “7 days” the incursion lasts they incur 5 years each for each entity 

So 4 weeks will be a 20 year sanction for each individual 

Seizure of property held outside of Russia - to rebuild any housing and infrastructure damaged during the incursion 

And compensation for loss of life 

My theory is 

Stop them from making money 

Stop them living off the cash they have accumulated 

Stop them from replacing that cash for a period of time

Use their money to rebuild what they have destroyed 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

I'm currently disgusted by what is happening in the world: two of my three kids covid positive (mild symptoms, luckily) while nobody seems to care about covid anymore, skyrocketing energy prices with terrifying financial implications for the whole of Europe, and worst of all, a terrible war only 2000km away from my home, with intollerable human suffering. To me, listening to music now feels like being on the sinking Titanic while the orchestra keeps playing...

🤕

We hear you mate 

We have also been through the ringer but we had a fight with nature 

Country wide fires one year 

Floods this year

And although it’s not to the same degree it sure feels the same -  as the land affected is so huge with whole towns destroyed and tens of thousands affected 

So we help each other out and keep sane with a little musical diversion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2