Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Off and running with side 2.   Been so many years since hearing these tunes.  I am surprised that they are still so familiar🙂.  This will be my final spin for the evening.  I hope to return in the middle of the week to join in once again.   Good night from Longfellow Music Hall 🌙.IMG-20220313-223039.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

Amazing what is hiding under Kates skirt here, rather crowded:

IMG_2017.jpg.ab6916c6e1db5628b8d3ba6f634ebc22.jpg

That LP’s in my collection, too, along with most of her other records and CDs

I read that during one recording session, Kate was getting so (I wish I could remember the exact word the writer used) sexual/sensual/literal that the backup musicians were distinctly uncomfortable.  Sometimes women can discuss things in a way that’s only comfortable for other women to hear.   I think that was what was meant, rather than any words or actions you might experience in a strip club, for example.  Kate’s always classy, but she can be very sensual.  Not that I know her personally, of course.

A long time ago (the mid-Seventies, maybe), a hi-fi shop in west-end Toronto advertised an evening of Kate Bush music videos.  I went, and really enjoyed it, but was struck by the fact that the audience standing and swaying a bit seemed to be almost exclusively guys in their twenties, including me, who had left the girlfriend at home, because she had no interest in Kate’s music.  They had a pair of Audio Logic speakers playing at high volume, and the fine sound (to my uneducated ears, at the time) led me to buy a pair of speakers (a different model, though) of that brand a few years later.  They still sound pretty good.

• Like 4