Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

This time it´s the -  ah "The Doctors", in English. "Die Ärzte" are from my hometown (city better?) of Berlin. I think, you could call it Soft-Punk, most of the time. When this was new, I was still in school and didn´t like them very much. Now, I´m older, I like them and the remind me of my school days 😀.

This one´s seen quite some use, it seems, scratches on both sides. Didn´t pay much now, so maybe i´ll buy a better copy some other time.

IMG_2026.jpg.8aecdbbc89a3a4977938af9856087a4e.jpg

• Like 5

Hello friends of Vinyl !  Late afternoon here....

Ment to post these from last evening.  I ordered a silicone mat for the new Orbit and just may order another for the Rega.   Here is a pic.....IMG-20220319-220307.jpg

• Like 6

Last night's single play (I was a bit tired 🌙)...   I now have the Rega P6 connected along with the Orbit  Tonight, I plan on running an acid test between the two tables playing the same pair of LP's.   Should be fun :emotion-21:

I have a shielded switcher and all Monster THX rated 1m. interconnects.  Both tables are very quiet at FULL preamp output to the amp.   So far, so good.   Here is that second Gary Wright LP from the old collection 'Touch and Gone'.  Rather upbeat and bluesy tunes on this one.   More tonight!

IMG-20220319-220936.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GWSmith said:

Ment to post these from last evening.  I ordered a silicone mat for the new Orbit and just may order another for the Rega.   Here is a pic.....IMG-20220319-220307.jpg

Notice anything different in the sound?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KROCK said:

Notice anything different in the sound?

Krock, that will be later tonight as mentioned.  Set for 8pm. EASTERN time, I will have some answers for you after that time.  I need to sync the LPs and simply switch from one to the other.    Stand by 🍷

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

A nice 45 rpm recording.

Rosemary Clooney Perez Prado - A Touch of Tabasco. 1960

spacer.png

Looks like an Oracle Delphi TT , but must be an older model ? Am I right Erich ? Didn´t knew that you got different set-ups in different listening spaces , very nice man ......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GWSmith said:

I  use an acrylic carbonate pad from Transrotor and on top a leather mat

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I  use an acrylic carbonate pad from Transrotor and on top a leather mat

The reason I went from the factory felt was because I use a Diskwasher system, and the weight of the brush causes the LP to stop while the platter continues to spin, not good.

The silicone mat really holds the vinyl and now the slippage while wet brushing has stopped and I can get the records clean.  

Mossy's table is a VPI (not sure if it is a Scout or not)   He will be on tonight shortly, he can answer better I'm sure.

I hope with those TWO pads on top of your platter, you have not thrown your tone arm height setting off. :o 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

The reason I went from the factory felt was because I use a Diskwasher system, and the weight of the brush causes the LP to stop while the platter continues to spin, not good.

The silicone mat really holds the vinyl and now the slippage while wet brushing has stopped and I can get the records clean.  

Mossy's table is a VPI (not sure if it is a Scout or not)   He will be on tonight shortly, he can answer better I'm sure.

I hope with those TWO pads on top of your platter, you have not thrown your tone arm height setting off. :o 

Got it Garry . I have VTA alignement screws on both tonearms. It´s a must have for VTA / RSA adjustments for all my cartridges and of course....the additional pads on the platter as well. Got a little experience with tt´s .

• Like 2