Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Whew!  Thank you Mossy, and of your observations and experience in that audio shop.   It is interesting, a good friend and fellow musician of mine from sales at a (now closed) audio 'salon' uptown mentioned to me a few years ago...."You know Gary, we really haven't come that far...."  :o

This is the same shop that surprised me with that Teac 6010 R to R deck as a gift.  Needless to say, I am still grateful they kept it hidden in their stock room for a number of years with a 'post it' note on it with my name.  

Here, Longfellow Music Hall is still open and I plan on dropping by with some vinyl recordings to take in and share this evening.   See you all in a bit.:emotion-29:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Full Range said:

Down time is the pits @MicroMara

Lets hope it’s just a quick service and fix 

Well ..... it's not like I can't listen to music with the number of audio components I have available. Of course I will miss not being able to spin records, but it is more important to me to have the functionality of both tonearms in perfect technical condition, as I plan to use this tt until the end of my days. So it is worth waiting patiently for 2 weeks and to have the certainty that everything is technically perfect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

George, let´s say You want to use it for many more years to come. The way You said it, it sounds depressing...

just a point of view André , wasn´t intended that way. But somehow you can read between the lines, while we got luxury problems , 1.200 miles  from here happens a genocide and people fight about their lives. That´s still in mind since Putin invaded Ukraine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

45 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

just a point of view André , wasn´t intended that way. But somehow you can read between the lines, while we got luxury problems , 1.200 miles  from here happens a genocide and people fight about their lives. That´s still in mind since Putin invaded Ukraine.

So very true George.  Thanks for putting some perspective on the reality of our times.

Cheers 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good Sunday evening everyone.

So glad I'm able to spin a record or two tonight.

I really like these Reference Recording LP's.  Particularly when Professor Johnson is the recording engineer.

Exotic Dances from the Opera

Eiji Oue conducting the Minnesota Orchestra

spacer.png

• Like 6