Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

It was a couple years after that iRobot came out before I knew he helped engineer DSoTM.

The intricacies of the keyboards and guitars weaving sounds was common to both. And the imaging that come from each is prevalent on many systems whether they could do it easily or not!

Read something I think and while at my friends house pulled out the other and saw Alans name in the credits! 

I´ll hope the new album will not dissapoint us ...

• Like 3

Ay ya yaa!

I saw that show just last year. From Down Under, a kind of cheesy sci-fi. Decent entertainment called 'Almighty Johnsons" they were Norse Gods and had to stop the serpent wrapped around the globe from eating it's tail because that equals doomsday.

& cheesy sci-fi is not insulting, I dig the genre!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Ay ya yaa!

I saw that show just last year. From Down Under, a kind of cheesy sci-fi. Decent entertainment called 'Almighty Johnsons" they were Norse Gods and had to stop the serpent wrapped around the globe from eating it's tail because that equals doomsday.

& cheesy sci-fi is not insulting, I dig the genre!

Almighty Johnsons

It’s a show from - New Zealand 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The intricacies of the keyboards and guitars weaving sounds was common to both.

Clare Torrey.  3 takes and they used the first one.  Her touch killed it!

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

than I really need to install a thrid tonearm on my TT ..😂

la di da...  Stephenvlog Stephengif GIF - Stephenvlog Stephengif Stephen Georg GIFs

😂 😂 😂

• Haha 3

That's funny.

Claire? I'd forgotten. AP brought her in for non-lexical vocals. Sounded to me like a big _ .

What happened to her?

She was a babe back then, later she looked like a boy! I know the big ugly stick whacked me when I wasn't paying attention, but geeeze.

See this.

https://2or3lines.blogspot.com/2014/02/pink-floyd-great-gig-in-sky-1973.html

then in `03

Clare-torry.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Face Value is the debut solo studio album by English drummer, singer-songwriter and Genesis lead singer Phil Collins, released on 13 February 1981 by Virgin Records in the UK and Atlantic Records in the US and abroad. After his first wife filed for divorce in 1979, Collins began to write songs during a break in activity from Genesis with much of the material concerning his personal life. The album was recorded from mid-1980 to early 1981 with Collins and Hugh Padgham as producers. Additional musicians include the Phenix Horns, Alphonso Johnson, and Eric Clapton.

Face Value was an instant commercial success and reached No. 1 on the UK Albums Chart for three weeks and No. 7 on the US Billboard 200. It has since sold over 5 million copies in the US and over 1.5 million in the UK. The album received widespread praise from critics. Its lead single "In the Air Tonight", released in January 1981, reached No. 2 on the UK Singles Chart and became known for its drum arrangement and use of gated reverb. In January 2016, Face Value was reissued with bonus tracks and new photography in the style of the original but featuring a present-day Collins.

Phil.thumb.jpg.3a348f71746ed353b49e4556fa743e29.jpg

Spinning that with my Audio Technica AT7V , has a new original stylus as well !

AT7V.thumb.jpg.1c65cbde4bf262ccf7a7316e540428c0.jpgAT7V2.jpg.88435d7558259fa5ebe599db13cfe607.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent play on the reflected colors in your museum-piece photo!

Plus an album I love and haven't heard in over a year. That one can take you places... all you have to do is close your eyes and relax.

• Like 4

Just throwin this down cause I forgot about it.  Premire of Tedeschi Trucks band's new 4 lp release.  This is the first album.  Freebie on youtube right now.  Then it's goin down.

The box set drops Sept. 9th!

• Like 3

IF you're interested in picking it up hit their website and order the pre-sale.  Cost me about $110 for the set w/tax, etc.  Shows $89 for the price I believe.  It's really about the only way to guarantee a copy anymore.  Stores copies sell out in a day and ya wait or look for it.  Simple and reliable.  The first time I used it I had something going on in one of the songs so sent an email to Fantasy records.  They just sent me a second copy for free w/no questions.  Told them what I was running so they knew it wasn't some kid trying to get a twofer!  lol  Second copy was perfect.  Now that I think about it that happened before I got the VPI cleaner.  Might have an extra copy for sale.  hahahaaha  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You cra cra George?  The cheap one right before they raised the price $100.  Have an ulta-sonic here but the neomydium magnets used on the cleaning system bon't play well w/my pacer.  

Long story short I wouldn't buy another VPI machine.  Typical American half-a$$ed engineering yet they sold it as a great unit.  IF their turntables are anything like the cleaning machines they're junk.  This unit should have NEVER hit the market imo.

Problemo?  Yup, the vac arm is a cheap plastic tube w/some velor on the underside of the tube w/a couple slots, which pick up the "dirty" juice.  After cleaning you move the vac arm over the album and turn on the vac.  The suction is so great it slams the arm w/the tube on the album, which cause stress cracks.  Used mine for about 6 months then the plastic suction tube collapsed where it attached to the upright suction tube that held it over the album.

No warranty but after whining they gave me an extra tube w/my order.  $2 tube for $50.  I now have a spare but the design and implementation sucks.  One heck of a suction though!  Bone dry!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

You cra cra George?  The cheap one right before they raised the price $100.  Have an ulta-sonic here but the neomydium magnets used on the cleaning system bon't play well w/my pacer.  

Long story short I wouldn't buy another VPI machine.  Typical American half-a$$ed engineering yet they sold it as a great unit.  IF their turntables are anything like the cleaning machines they're junk.  This unit should have NEVER hit the market imo.

Problemo?  Yup, the vac arm is a cheap plastic tube w/some velor on the underside of the tube w/a couple slots, which pick up the "dirty" juice.  After cleaning you move the vac arm over the album and turn on the vac.  The suction is so great it slams the arm w/the tube on the album, which cause stress cracks.  Used mine for about 6 months then the plastic suction tube collapsed where it attached to the upright suction tube that held it over the album.

No warranty but after whining they gave me an extra tube w/my order.  $2 tube for $50.  I now have a spare but the design and implementation sucks.  One heck of a suction though!  Bone dry!

how about a Nitty Gritty ..I got one and these´re very good RCM ´s

https://elusivedisc.com/record-cleaning-machine/nitty-gritty-record-cleaner/

• Like 3