Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Just picked up "World Wide Funk" by none other than Bootsy Collins.  huh?  Hip Hop?  Nah, it's Bootsy who's done it all and then some.  Had to.  Some limited splatter edition w/some top secret code from generation Z buried in the lyrics only if you play it backwards and upside down.  :)

• Like 4

Snagged a perfect mono promo copy of Blues Magoos - Psychedelic Lollipop lp, which is spinning now.  Prolly the 3rd at least.  So many great songs on that lp.  The "Tobacco Road" rendition has always and will always be a favorite.  Got a foot stacked here to muddle through.  It's ugly!  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

hows that r8 sounding?

Thanks for asking Mike, really loving it....running in 'triode' mode, a warm sound for sure.........but I am about to do some tube rolling!  (yeah, already, right?)  Just ordered a matched set of JJ. Electronics 6SL7 input tubes from Viva, which is right down the street from me!, but they don't do counter service anymore. 

So, had to order them with a shipping charge of $7!  Oh well, glad to have them so close.  I may try and roll the 6SN7's next.  They are $70 with tax and shipping

a pair !!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Sounds VERY good ! 

Gary, you wouldn't own it if it just sounded VERY good.  That should kick butt and I'm sure it does.  lol

I did have an idea looking at your mood lighting though and have noticed that since I came in here a couple light years ago.  Sure I knew what you did and it's got a coolness factor all it's own so there's that.  I just had a revelation looking at it this time with your new gear.  Lava lamps?  Check.  blah...  LED lighting under the shelves?  nah  Nipper?  Check & nah then BAM it hit me!  I have an almost new one of these that still works, spins and puts spots on all sidewalls & celing as it spins.  Disco ball?  lolol me in platform shoes?  That's George.  😂

I've had this thing since the late 60's and it came out of a bar up near Kent, Ohio one weekend.  I bet the owner on a Cleveland Browns game and I wanted this ceiing light he had hangin over the bar.  He wanted $100 from me if I lost.   A case of beer later he was a loser and we were all trashed.   I brought the lamp home.  It's hanging downstairs now but it's coming up here  :)  Gonna be a blast from the past for sure!  Thanks!  :)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

im listening to the 2013 cd i bought 2 2020 on 3 lp 2 cd both came in with cover damage.

so i ordered a third from another vendor from amazon and wiating for it to come in!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Gary, you wouldn't own it if it just sounded VERY good.  That should kick butt and I'm sure it does.  lol

I did have an idea looking at your mood lighting though and have noticed that since I came in here a couple light years ago.  Sure I knew what you did and it's got a coolness factor all it's own so there's that.  I just had a revelation looking at it this time with your new gear.  Lava lamps?  Check.  blah...  LED lighting under the shelves?  nah  Nipper?  Check & nah then BAM it hit me!  I have an almost new one of these that still works, spins and puts spots on all sidewalls & celing as it spins.  Disco ball?  lolol me in platform shoes?  That's George.  😂

I've had this thing since the late 60's and it came out of a bar up near Kent, Ohio one weekend.  I bet the owner on a Cleveland Browns game and I wanted this ceiing light he had hangin over the bar.  He wanted $100 from me if I lost.   A case of beer later he was a loser and we were all trashed.   I brought the lamp home.  It's hanging downstairs now but it's coming up here  :)  Gonna be a blast from the past for sure!  Thanks!  :)

Very COOL Dave!  I am a LAVA LAMP collector!  I have a large FOUR shelve unit in my livingroom.  I will dig up a photo for you and the group.   When the full display is up and running, it consumes 1100 watts !!!   You can feel the radiant heat standing 5 feet away !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

We need pictures to experience the coolness factor 

• Like 3