Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

56 minutes ago, billybob said:

About the beer, yes I prefer alcohol content. Case in point, between Belgium, Germany and Holland, which country is most welcoming to the English language to navigate.? Think I read Frankfurt the most with it as far as music clubs.

No it´s Cologne , followed by Berlin and than Frankfurt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

THAT'S the pecking order I always heard about.  Cologne had everything and more they used to say.  Why?  I dunno, never been there.  lol  Has to be wild though!  Couldn't think of the name of it though.  Always wondered why Berlin was number 2.  They had the wall going up and down finally so maybe that was it.  What's the REAL story George???  Got me wondering now.   :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

THAT'S the pecking order I always heard about.  Cologne had everything and more they used to say.  Why?  I dunno, never been there.  lol  Has to be wild though!  Couldn't think of the name of it though.  Always wondered why Berlin was number 2.  They had the wall going up and down finally so maybe that was it.  What's the REAL story George???  Got me wondering now.   :)

In Cologne, this is where most hostels are located. When it comes to clubs and bars, no one can fool Cologne that easily: Number one. The city also has one of the highest student numbers and thus one of the lowest average ages.

Vice party king is Berlin. The capital is popular with locals and tourists alike for its bar and club scene. Not least because of the prices, Berlin has the most affordable bars. Some of Berlin's clubs are even among the best in the world. Accordingly, Berlin is also ahead in terms of opening hours. However, this is not quite enough for the top position. Because: Measured by the number of inhabitants, Berlin only comes in 7th place when it comes to nightlife and the number of bars and clubs.

Frankfurt has a lot to offer in terms of party technology. From super chic clubs to concerts to indie and rock parties, it's all here (#3). The Bahnhofsviertel is becoming more and more popular, old factory buildings have been transformed into stylish clubs, and long opening hours, which rank in first place, mean that the party mood is unstoppable. So it's not surprising that Frankfurt is also home to the youngest people on average, including many students.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, billybob said:

About the beer, yes I prefer alcohol content. Case in point, between Belgium, Germany and Holland, which country is most welcoming to the English language to navigate.? Think I read Frankfurt the most with it as far as music clubs.

As for the beer, Belgium is the best. Belgium is in a different league compared to Germany and Holland! 

https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/belgian-beer-best-in-the-world/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Been so long since I played any Beck records, it's a shame it took his passing for me to start listening to him again.  But in the 70's, and 80's he was a favorite and I did play the heck out of them.  This one was one of my favorites and played hard.  May need to be replaced.  Let's see...

Jeff Beck - Beck-Ola

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

After all my posts about Belgian beers, let's get back to vinyl records.

Sinead O'Connor was huge in the 1980s-1990s, thanks to a Prince cover Nothing Compares 2 U, she became world famous.

But then, she decided to tear up the picture of the Pope live on television in the US.

After that, she was 'canceled' and booed at, and her career was dead... History would prove her right: Ireland's catholic Church was responsible for child abuse and murder of orphans on an unimaginable scale.

Two weeks after the Pope incident, there was a live concert at Madison Square Garden where O'Connor would perform a quiet 'whisper' song, but the public wouldn't let her do that. Kris Kristofferson came on stage and told her 'Don't let the b*st*rds grind you down'.

Later, Kris Kristofferson was interviewed about it:

... and he even wrote a song about it, and sang it together with O'Connor.

PSX_20230118_144126.jpg

The Lion and the Cobra is her 1987 album.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just took the the time and hooked up the Dual 1218 to the Kenwood as well... What a difference! I noticed before, when I´d slung the M95 under the 601 (But still connected to the Marantz AVR.) an improvement in bass. But on the Kenwood – Bam!! 

So I have three TTs for the living room/ man-cave. Two go on the Kenwood, and I need a phono-pre for the Marantz.

The Kenwood and TTs are to go on a seperate shelv, later on (Must build it first...). If I want to connect it to my CD-player I´d need a cinch cable approximately 3m long. Good idea? (Shielding/ interference...??) Your ideas guys?

• Like 4