4 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

name all the king crimson drummers

This is from memory:

Michael Giles

[I know there was a different drummer on Lizard, but I can't remember his name]

Ian Wallace

Bill Bruford

Jamie Muir

(Adrian Belew played a little drums in live gigs)

Pat Mastelotto

Gavin Harrison

[I know the most recent version has a third drummer along with Harrison and Mastelotto, but I can't remember his name either]

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hsosdrummer said:

This is from memory:

Michael Giles

[I know there was a different drummer on Lizard, but I can't remember his name]

Ian Wallace

Bill Bruford

Jamie Muir

(Adrian Belew played a little drums in live gigs)

Pat Mastelotto

Gavin Harrison

[I know the most recent version has a third drummer along with Harrison and Mastelotto, but I can't remember his name either]

just missing one ... Adrian belew played the v-drums projects 2 

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

just missing one ... Adrian belew played the v-drums projects 2 

Andy McCullogh played on Lizard. Still can't remember #3 in the most recent incarnation. (I have the CD but only listened to it a couple of times — found it quite a disappointment).

I figured you boys & girls would get the Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac "Black MAgic Woman", as well as the Signe Anderson/Jefferson Airplane question. Grace Slick joined JA after leaving The Great Society. I should have been more specific on the finger question and limited to rock musicians. The poor guy from Def Leppard who lost his arm in a car crash was not who I was looking for.

The Jerry Garcia one was pretty much a layup, but the other answer is Dr. John. He lost one of his digits in a bar fight, it was shot off. The Doctor used to be a guitar player but switched to piano after ditching a digit.

20 minutes ago, Stephen Schaffer said:

I figured you boys & girls would get the Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac "Black MAgic Woman", as well as the Signe Anderson/Jefferson Airplane question. Grace Slick joined JA after leaving The Great Society. I should have been more specific on the finger question and limited to rock musicians. The poor guy from Def Leppard who lost his arm in a car crash was not who I was looking for.

The Jerry Garcia one was pretty much a layup, but the other answer is Dr. John. He lost one of his digits in a bar fight, it was shot off. The Doctor used to be a guitar player but switched to piano after ditching a digit.

how's the weather in NYC

12 hours ago, hsosdrummer said:

Hold on, then, I'm looking it up...

RIAA lists #1 in the U.S. as The Beatles, with 178 million units, followed by Garth Brooks with 148 million and then by Elvis with 136 million.

Here's the Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-certified_music_artists_in_the_United_States

Let me rephrase.

Number one album by sales of all time in the US, not total number of albums(plural) sold. 

4 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

how's the weather in NYC

Pretty sloppy, but mostly sleet with gusting winds. Looks like the storm moved west, so a good miss for NYC. Still northbound trains heading to Westchester & CT were stopped this am @ 9:30. tough commute home for those folks. A lot of stores, schools etc never opened today.