Fry's RF82ii $229 plus free shipping

RX8

For those following Fry's for deals, the RF82ii was a weekly deal beginning Saturday March 5th. Price is $229 each but ad says in-store only. Today is the last day of the $229 promo and as of right now they are showing in checkout with free shipping as an option.  

Things learned today - If you really want something in the Frys ad but it says in-store only it is worth your while to keep checking. 

• Like 3

On 3/12/2017 at 0:58 PM, doordoc35 said:

They went through for me.I must of got lucky,it said $63 shipping and the last minute came up free shipping ,ofcourse i dont have them yet ,but i have a order number and it came out of my account.Ill keep looking for other deals??

cross your fingers on if you get a tracking number

some people have claimed to have made it work but it's one of those things where you hope you slip though the cracks 

it's not suppose to actually work and it's suppose to be in store pick up. 100% certain they lose money shipping them. frys has an extremely low margin on closeout speakers. their cost is likely to be about $175. add in the cost of warehousing, credit card fees + shipping and it will be over $229

a lot of retail brand speakers are all on 100 points and with a 359 new closeout retail you can get a real close guess on store cost

• Like 1

ya,it still says processing,do you think i should call them or just wait a few days ??I ordered them sat ,so it has been only one bussiness day.but i am crossing my fingers    racebum.ill let yoy know.probably to good to be true!!

Edited by doordoc35
wrong message

Only once in my life have I gotten a call from the credit card company saying they detect fraud, and it happened after I made several failed attempts to order things on Fry's website.  I can't be sure it was them, but it seemed clear to me it was.

I mentioned in a thread long ago I felt Fry's was a scam, and a few took some offense at it.  I don't mean they are a total sham company, but they seem to play this game of specials that are very, very hard to get all the time.  Website doesn't work, no stock, I call them they say they are having problems, etc.  It just doesn't come across to me as a professionally run site.

With that said, it seems anybody who goes into the stores has a good experience and gets what they want.  In the end, I would have to imagine that is their main goal with these deals, and why they are constantly making it seemingly impossible to get deals on the web.  Just my 2c, not trying to discourage anyone but share my limited experience.

The good thing was instead of buying another R-10SW, it led me down the road of getting and RSW-15, and from there even bigger and more badass than that, so hey, I sort of like Fry's :)

I picked up an RSW-12 last year for $187 plus free shipping from Fry's online so I know sometimes the deals work. Outside of that I have made dozens of purchases from them without issue. Twice I had the payment refunded since the cables I bought on sale were still on back order after 90 days of waiting. Overall I have had good luck.

Tim

1 hour ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Only once in my life have I gotten a call from the credit card company saying they detect fraud, and it happened after I made several failed attempts to order things on Fry's website.  I can't be sure it was them, but it seemed clear to me it was.

I mentioned in a thread long ago I felt Fry's was a scam, and a few took some offense at it.  I don't mean they are a total sham company, but they seem to play this game of specials that are very, very hard to get all the time.  Website doesn't work, no stock, I call them they say they are having problems, etc.  It just doesn't come across to me as a professionally run site.

With that said, it seems anybody who goes into the stores has a good experience and gets what they want.  In the end, I would have to imagine that is their main goal with these deals, and why they are constantly making it seemingly impossible to get deals on the web.  Just my 2c, not trying to discourage anyone but share my limited experience.

The good thing was instead of buying another R-10SW, it led me down the road of getting and RSW-15, and from there even bigger and more badass than that, so hey, I sort of like Fry's :)

chase did this to me as well. the frys website is horribly behind the times and often very buggy. i honestly wonder how much longer they will be around. i went into the one in willsonville oregon not long ago and it's like stepping back in time. nothing had changed in the past 15 years. newer items yes but the store still feels like the year 2000. 

frys uses some items for loss leaders or at cost specials just to draw in customers. they are always in store only and always at stupid good deals. they do this from time to time with computer parts and also with some audio items. the yamaha 1060 is on sale this week for 729 which is under where some used ones have sold on ebay. absolutely no one can touch their deal on the rf82ii and the 15" sub. just the nature of things 

1 hour ago, racebum said:

chase did this to me as well. the frys website is horribly behind the times and often very buggy. i honestly wonder how much longer they will be around. i went into the one in willsonville oregon not long ago and it's like stepping back in time. nothing had changed in the past 15 years. newer items yes but the store still feels like the year 2000. 

frys uses some items for loss leaders or at cost specials just to draw in customers. they are always in store only and always at stupid good deals. they do this from time to time with computer parts and also with some audio items. the yamaha 1060 is on sale this week for 729 which is under where some used ones have sold on ebay. absolutely no one can touch their deal on the rf82ii and the 15" sub. just the nature of things 

Well I certainly can't touch their deals because all of the ones I like are in-store. Lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, doordoc35 said:

hey teaman , did any of your orders say processing for a few days before they shipped or does anyone experienced this before?Do you think i should try to call or wait it out?? thanks for any help.

100% wait it out. the last thing you want is someone looking into it and realizing your order shouldn't exist 

• Like 2