Cambridge Sound Works PSW1

Stump

A neighbor gave me this sub about a week ago, I didn't know much about it, but free electronics are always worth what you pay for them, so I took it.:) I'm really surprised how good it sounds. So far I'm running the volume at the 9 o'clock position, 50hz low pass, and it really fills out the music nicely. I'm using it in our master bedroom 2 channel system, Onkyo TX-DS838 AVR and KLF20 speakers, I set it up here just for testing before moving it to our living room, where it will replace a Polk PSW10. The Polk has a tough time keeping up with my Chorus 2's and Heresy 1's, as well, the room is pretty big with high ceilings, movies really need more than the little sub can deliver. The PSW1 also has an output to add a passive slave sub, which I might do as soon as I figure out the correct impedance. I haven't found much info on either piece, but from what I've seen the amp puts out 150 watts alone and 200 with the slave, 25hz-200hz, 12" air suspension woofer. If anyone has more or better info please let me know. I'll post an update once I move it to the big room.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/220435/Cambridge-Soundworks-Powered-Subwoofer.html

Here is a link to the manual. I love my psw1 master and save set in my home theater setup.. The only issue I ever had was I had a horrible vibration inside the cabinet all of a sudden. We took out the woofer and realized there is something that is mounted to the bottom of the cabinet. It was wicked loose, just tightened it back down, and off we went.

Thanks for the link. Do you happen to know the impedance of the slave speaker? I'll probably add a DIY slave to mine. I installed it in our living room last night and it sounds great, but I'd love to have more bass available, and I have a bunch of speakers that I might be able to use as long as the impedance is correct. 

• 2 weeks later...