La Scalia's for a Home Theatre?

32blownhemi

I'm going to get a pair of La Scalia's for a 2 channel set up today but I also need to set up a home theatre. I'm thinking I'll just get 2 more La Scalia's (total of 4) & do a HT set up? How are they for a HT set up? I keep reading good things about using Cornwell's, would it be better to use these for HT?  Thank You!    Bill

8 minutes ago, 32blownhemi said:

I'm going to get a pair of La Scalia's for a 2 channel set up today but I also need to set up a home theatre. I'm thinking I'll just get 2 more La Scalia's (total of 4) & do a HT set up? How are they for a HT set up? I keep reading good things about using Cornwell's, would it be better to use these for HT?  Thank You!    Bill

Search Youthman here on the forum. I think he knows a thing or two about La Scalas in a home theater. 

Or just see the post above that Youthman so graciously supplied!

Welcome to the forum.

Roger in Indy has seven of them (if I recall correctly) and a couple subwoofers.....  it is outstanding.

You can sit in the center of the room and the (phantom) center channel is absolutely locked in.  I thought he was playing a trick on me and had actually turned the center LaScala up and the others down.....so I got up to prove him wrong and catch him in his trick....  walked towards the front channel and as I got about 4-5 feet away, the (absolutely) locked center sound slowly dispersed and widened out to the front left/right.

It was an amazing experience.

• Like 1

Thank You Youthman, Cincymat & Coytee! Good thing there are no 'dumb questions', huh? LOL... And thank you guys/gals for accepting me into the forum! A million dollars worth of info here! And speaking of large sums of money, I'm not even going to ask how much you have into your set-up Youthman. It'll be easier if I get sucked into the Klipsch addition a little at a time!    ;)     Bill

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Roger in Indy has seven of them (if I recall correctly) and a couple subwoofers.....  it is outstanding.

I have never heard Youthman's but can imagine how it sounds. Amazing

I did hear Rodgers in Indy as Coytee said, it was the best sounding Ht I had ever heard. With that clear midrange and top end of a LaScala it sounded very real, we watched a cowboy move popular at that time, breaking glass, gunshots and dialog sound realistic, more than any speaker I had heard before.

So YES get 2 pair and have three across the front, you will not be sorry. Then do what ZIM said, get/build a good Horn sub, you will be set.

• Like 1

I recently gutted my 7.1 HT, which I liked, and replaced it all with a 2.0 La Scala setup, which I like even more! If you get the speakers setup correctly, you do not need a dedicated center channel. I have been very impressed with these speakers in the HT environment.

Makes my living room look cleaner too (and my wife loves them).

A setup like Youthman shows above would be better than most commercial theaters, no question.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Coytee said:

You can sit in the center of the room and the (phantom) center channel is absolutely locked in.  I thought he was playing a trick on me and had actually turned the center LaScala up and the others down.....so I got up to prove him wrong and catch him in his trick....  walked towards the front channel and as I got about 4-5 feet away, the (absolutely) locked center sound slowly dispersed and widened out to the front left/right.

It was an amazing experience.

you talking about roger chase?i know @twistedcrankcammer has the seven pro khorns

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure they are talking about a guy whose screen name was Indyklipschfan or something very similar. Was very active for a long time but has not been around much for the last several years. :(

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gnote said:

I'm pretty sure they are talking about a guy whose screen name was Indyklipschfan or something very similar. Was very active for a long time but has not been around much for the last several years. :(

Yes he was pretty big on Robin Trower and of course his Klipsch.