La Scalia's for a Home Theatre?

32blownhemi

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Gnote said:

I'm pretty sure they are talking about a guy whose screen name was Indyklipschfan or something very similar. Was very active for a long time but has not been around much for the last several years. :(

Yes that's him, he just had a few life changes but he's doing well, still talk to him sometimes. Nice guy.

I don't have any pics with the lights on and speakers exposed but some others. Screen looked better, it was a long exposure which makes it look blurry. It was a cool room with great sound. It was done with split LaScalas which allowed him to slightly angle the tops to aim them perfectly.

The front had a stage with spot lighting from the back to light up when people were singing karaoke which was through the speakers also. 

pilgramage 07-128 (2).jpg

pilgramage 07-99.jpg

pilgramage 07-93.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

you talking about roger chase?i know @twistedcrankcammer has the seven pro khorns

Yes Scrappy,

Richard (Coytee) is talking about Roger Chase, aka (Indyklipschfan) who had 5 not 7 LaScala Splits and a pair of TSCM Bass Bins with LaScala split tops in his Garage as a 2 channel setup. Roger bought those two TSCM Bass bins from me and was at my house when Michael Colter took the pictures for the thread "Feeding the TSCM Fever". Now if I remember clearly, Roger Chase had two SVS subs in that setup, and I think they were cylinders maybe? Anyhow, the theatre room really looked great from the pictures posted and I have always had a soft spot for LaScala Splits!  ;)

Roger

On 3/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, dtel said:

I did hear Rodgers in Indy as Coytee said, it was the best sounding Ht I had ever heard. With that clear midrange and top end of a LaScala it sounded very real, we watched a cowboy move popular at that time, breaking glass, gunshots and dialog sound realistic, more than any speaker I had heard before.

I watched the same movie in his HT, maybe it was even at the same time in the evening after one of the Indy HQ events.

It was by far the best HT I have had the pleasure to visit..

I do not know the name of the movie but the sound of the bullets whizzing around the room was incredible.

We started the evening outside with like a Jubilee or something out in the driveway?

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Davis said:

I watched the same movie in his HT, maybe it was even at the same time in the evening after one of the Indy HQ events.

It was by far the best HT I have had the pleasure to visit..

I do not know the name of the movie but the sound of the bullets whizzing around the room was incredible.

We started the evening outside with like a Jubilee or something out in the driveway?

Well there is no telling, I may have met you already? That week was the only time we have ever been to indy. Indyklipschfan has been here and Colter has come down here many times.

I can't remember the name of the movie either.

He tried a TSCM outside, which is a Klipschorn Pro.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Belles

Now that's a hard group of speakers to try to find for ht, probably not many Belle HT's at all out there ?

I have never heard or seen a Belle in person, and I'm probably in the the majority.

20 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

Not really better, just prettier. :-)

Never seen anyone brace the bass bin of a Belle but have seen many LaScalas braced . The Belles shallower depth makes them easier to place and the extra width make them a much better tv stand if that plays into your ht plan .

They both make a great front 3

On 3/16/2017 at 0:51 AM, sunburnwilly said:

Never seen anyone brace the bass bin of a Belle but have seen many LaScalas braced . The Belles shallower depth makes them easier to place and the extra width make them a much better tv stand if that plays into your ht plan .

They both make a great front 3

At the sacrifice of a smaller horn K-500 horn, and the cabinet is alot wider and not at easy to place in some rooms.  The shallower depth perhaps.  I fully agree with the TV stand part as my La Scala is narrow and the TV legs protrude some.  That said the Belle is the most beautiful speaker that Klipsch has ever produced and it is awesome that you run them at all positions in your HT.  I had Belle's as mains before Klipschorn's and also used them as side surrounds when I ran a four Klipschorn system.  

Here is a little snippet to show some basic capabilities, keep in mind it is limited by the recording and playback medium but you'll get the idea.

• 1 month later...