Securing KG 5.5 ports

ACV92

I just found out that the plastic ports in my KG 5.5's just pull out.  There is a bead of glue from the factory around the port but it obviously didn't hold up.  I am thinking of removing the lower 10" driver and running an adhesive on the back of the panel around the port.  I don't want to get adhesive on the front of the cabinet.  How would you guys fix this and what would you use?  Gorilla Glue or just a silicone adhesive?  I'm going to have them on their backs anyway, I just ordered Crites diaphragms, so your help is appreciated. 

gorilla glue is a little extreme for holding a light weight port like that.. & it oozes as it cures.  silicone adhesive would be fine for the port.  or a less permanent fix would be just wrap some electrical tape around the port for a press fit into the hole.   

• Like 1

Press fit is fine so long as it is not falling out a compression press fit is the way to go (you can rotate the port so the ridges fit in a fresh section of the hole that should make them snug again).  Say you decide at some point in time that you want to re tune your ports to a lower frequency if they are glued solid in place it will be a mess. a snug port is fine, the suggestion to use a wrap of tape, any tape is a good one they just need to be snug don't cut off possible future options. If it's not broken don't fix it. moray james.

I just used some clear silicone.  Easy enough to remove if I ever change anything, which I probably won't.  All driver's are out and I'm letting it dry for few days until the new diaphragms get here.  Then back together and on to listening.  Thanks.