New Home new Home Theater =D

Freewaymg

Hey Guys =)

i have a new Home and an new room for my new setup =)

i get 2 Klipsch sw12 soon .... the room has 25m²

i think this should work very well =) whats your opinion?

btw the Rp150ms are mounted on the left wall and on the pillar =)

0001.jpg

Edited by Freewaymg

I don't think it is a good idea to have your side surrounds in front of the seating position.  The effects will be way out of wack.  Bullets, bombs, etc. will be in front of you when they are supposed to be to the sides.  I would seriously re think the positions of your surrounds.

Bill

• Like 1

Sectional sofas are usually a challenge. If there is room, I'd move the sofa(s) forward and to the right. Locate the left surround on the wall at the seated distance and the right one on a stand at the same distance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Freewaymg said:

what would you change ? how would you replace the 150s ?

Our living room was also a horror story for audio. 
I would consider in or on the wall speakers for the front effects to give a better sound field.
I had the opposite occur, I thought the M-L in walls would be my mains but I wasn't happy with the sound. 

I added a pair of Heresy's as the Main R&L and the M-Ls are now the Front Effects. The spatial presentation is much improved and setting the Receiver x-over points eliminated distortion I was getting from the M-Ls.

There is a SubW behind the left Heresy in the picture

I'm still trying to figure out how to add rears

AV%20with%20Heresys%203_zps2erba3ct.jpg

• Like 1

Theoretically i can switch the 150s and the r14s ?

the r14s on the blanket as surround and the 150s at surround backs at the wall behind the sofa ( old r14s) position ? =D

i cant move the couch cause my girlfriend would kill me if i move something =D

29 minutes ago, Freewaymg said:

If you want it to sound right, put that TV on the wall on the left and put the couch in front of the pillar facing to the left.  Otherwise let your girlfriend design it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Freewaymg said:

Theoretically i can switch the 150s and the r14s ?

the r14s on the blanket as surround and the 150s at surround backs at the wall behind the sofa ( old r14s) position ? =D

You have to be sneaky about this. Tell her "The Notebook" will have a much greater emotional impact if you move the couch to set it up right. :emotion-21:

2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

If you want it to sound right, put that TV on the wall on the left and put the couch in front of the pillar facing to the left.  Otherwise let your girlfriend design it.  

I agree, if not the sound will always be unbalanced due to the left wall and open space on the right.

I would go with the way MetroLakeOutfitters outlined it and put the R-14 s speakers on the 'top' and 'bottom' walls by the balcony door and the Door #1. You can use your AVR to correct the distances and I personally like my surround speakers further away. For this setup, I would not worry about going 7.1 unless you wanted to run rear surrounds on the 'right' wall but you are already on thin ice moving the couch and good luck convincing your girl to let you mount more speakers above the table across the room. :unsure:

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Freewaymg said:

If it's her place I understand, if it's both of yours, it's time to talk, both of you should be happy, thought that's how it worked anyway. Just tell her you need to talk about unreasonable amounts of shoes and clothes. :o

Good luck, your are not the first one in this predicament by far, someone long ago misled women into thinking they always make the only rules, fair or not.

I was just kind of kidding, do what you need to do to be happy, but don't take any :pwk_bs:, remember your in training, it's just the way it is. :biggrin: Ask any old dude 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dtel said:

If it's her place I understand, if it's both of yours, it's time to talk, both of you should be happy, thought that's how it worked anyway. Just tell her you need to talk about unreasonable amounts of shoes and clothes. :o

Good luck, your are not the first one in this predicament by far, someone long ago misled women into thinking they always make the only rules, fair or not.

I was just kind of kidding, do what you need to do to be happy, but don't take any :pwk_bs:, remember your in training, it's just the way it is. :biggrin: Ask any old dude 

That's why the title is: "She who must be obeyed"

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Freewaymg said:

after a uncomfortable night on the couch i can set up the speakers your way =D

thank you, nice community =)

Hope I didn't get you in trouble, there is a fine line between getting what you want and also being able to live with those decisions, and repercussions.  :huh:

You did say girlfriend and not wife, part of why I teased you, training dude, they are way ahead of us with training, so you need to get a little in here and there.  Not that you will ever catch up, it's just the way it is, not sure why ? :lol: OK I know why :blush: 

Sounds like you did good, must have prior experience. 

Hope you are both happy in the end. :D