Hacksaw Ridge....Fantastic

Youthman

• Moderators

Hacksaw-Ridge-790x445.jpg

This movie is a fresh reminder of exactly why I chose to build a Dedicated Home Theater.  One word....INTENSE!

My son invited 9 of his friends over to watch Hacksaw Ridge.  None of us had seen it.  Man what a great film.  Story was fantastic.  Sound effects lifelike.  The LaScala Trio brought out soooo much detail and presented a massive front sound stage.  The quad RSW-15's added so much depth during the battle scenes.  Several of us said that it is the best movie we have seen in awhile.  Definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

• Like 3

Yup I just saw it myself to test out the new orbital shifters, put the subs up to +6db for that one which looking back may have been a mistake. I had a headache for the rest of the day and you could see particles from my drop ceiling falling from the sky not to mention pictures rattling like crazy!

You've gotta check out Deep Water Horizon too, that's an amazing one to test out your system and also a really good movie. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Youthman said:

Several of us said that it is the best movie we have seen in awhile.

Yes it is.  I saw it in 4K HDR on my new TV and was blown away.  To get my 65" TV to simulate the 150" experience, I sat about 6ft away from TV.;):P

Seriously, a wonderfully produced movie and story that IMO, is right up there with Saving Private Ryan as the most lifelike war movie I have ever seen.

Bill

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The part where the destroyers start shelling the ridge was pretty intense and the Atmos mix was really well done, too.  My Blu-ray froze 40 minutes in so I had to get another one from Amazon and the week between viewings kind of spoiled it, but it's definitely a great movie and excellent demo material.

• Like 1