cd players that go good with tubes

mopardave

On 3/16/2017 at 3:19 AM, parlophone1 said:

Agree with Oppo.

Just a reminder, do have a look at Denon CD players. They are also known for warmer sound that might go well with tubes.

Before I got crazy into DACs I had a Dennon CD player with Burr Brown chips. Sounded decent for less than $500.

I'd also recommend the Acurus ACD-11.  It's a good quality inexpensive CD player on the used market (no longer made).  For used CD players, the key is to make sure you can find one that doesn't have a ton of use -- CD players have limited lifespans that are directly related to amount of play time.

yeah I understand.  will be rolling the dice on a used player for sure, but I have too many hobbies and wont spend the $1200 for a new one.    my sony c333es was used when I bought it. been 14-15yrs now and still going, just not totally happy with the sonics out of that player.   It doesn't sound like a piece of junk by no means, but just not exactly what I'm looking for.   

Dave,

I have owned some really good sounding multidisc carousel players over the last few years.  You mentioned them early in your post.  Why not pick up a newer for very little $$$.

I owned one of these Onkyo's(actually the older DX-C380) below for quite some time and it sounded great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-6-Disc-CD-Player-Black-/192038026031?hash=item2cb65bbb2f:g:PwkAAOSwawpXuLHR

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onkdxc390/onkyo-dx-c390-6-disc-carousel-cd-changer/1.html

Or maybe consider the Yamaha below.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamcdc600bl/yamaha-cd-c600-5-disc-cd-changer-with-playxchange/1.html

Bill

48 minutes ago, mopardave said:

I found a denon 3700 changer at pawn shop.  think ill pass on that as I have also found a Yamaha cdc600bl, which I am going to bid on.     I really like all the reviews on the Yamaha changer. thanks for the heads up on that.

Did you win the bid?  Someone just got one on Ebay for $100.00 including shipping.

Bill

well I missed out on the Yamaha cdc600bl on ebay. it went for$ 252 and I only bid til $235.   I found another factory refurbished cdc600bl on the web for $230 shipped.   I ordered it as I think the sony c333es is on its way out.   was using it yesterday and it would just quit reading cd's while playing.    thanks for all the help guys.   hope the Yamaha is better than the sony.

16 hours ago, mopardave said:

well I missed out on the Yamaha cdc600bl on ebay. it went for$ 252 and I only bid til $235.   I found another factory refurbished cdc600bl on the web for $230 shipped.   I ordered it as I think the sony c333es is on its way out.   was using it yesterday and it would just quit reading cd's while playing.    thanks for all the help guys.   hope the Yamaha is better than the sony.

I hope it works out for you.  Not a lot of $$$ for brand new(refurbished) with warranty.  Like I said, my success with carousel players has been great having owned players from Onkyo, Denon, Sony, Pioneer, and Adcom.

Bill