RSB-11 stuck in firmware update

Jeffen

I followed the instructions here and using the drivers from the

Version: 3.0 (serial # 106311716450001 and above ONLY)

download on this page i proceeded with the update.

10 hours later the soundbar is still stuck on step number 6, the LEDs (dolby, sub, dialog, night) just keep rotating endlessly and the bluetooth light does not turn on to indicate a failure.

So i tried the factory reset by holding volume down and volume up for 10 seconds and the LEDs turned off, i then unplugged it from power, unplugged the USB stick, plugged the power back in, and now no LEDs are lighting up and the soundbar is making a low pitched hum as if it's on but getting no input.

re-doing the steps for the firmware update seems to work but the LEDs just keep rotating on and off.

The S/N on my unit is 1063118******** which seems to place it in the "Version: 3.0 (serial # 106311716450001 and above ONLY)" range which is a bit strange since i'm located in europe so i'd assume i'd have a european model but the serial number indicates its a US model.

Any idea what i should do here? should i try the 3 other firmwares and see if any of them work? or would that be asking for more trouble?

should i talk to the place where i bought it and get a replacement?

i took a quick video here so you can see the LEDs cycling and what speed.

Thanks.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received my RSB-11 three days ago from the Klipsch website. it worked great for one day. Then I did the firmware update and since then no sound at all. Tech support sent me the link to restore the "old" firmware. Still no sound and the problem is not resolved. Anyone out there who can help?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hy, I have the same problem. I have making the update firmware, my SN is highter with the number 1063117164500001.

I'm blocked at the step 6 :

As the update installs - the Virtual Surround Mode
LED will light up, then the Dialog LED, then the
Night Mode LED. All LED’s will turn off when the
update is complete and the unit will power down

Do you have a solution for stop it and return in the factory firmware ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I did exactly what Melbourne3206 did. uploaded a older version. That is my Si no is above 45000 but i used the file for the below 45000 and the system came back online and is working well now

I however have very weak bluetooth. if i am around 15 ft away from the system teh bluetooth is cutting off. 

Anyone know why?

Thx

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I just installed my unit and it functioned well for one day, then it stopped responding to the remote and buttons.  It would power on and that's it. It wouldn't turn off.  I decided to try a firmware update, so installed (my unit 106311718******) v3.3 106311716450001 and above ONLY but it stops with the red Digital light on and doesn't continue.  After 5 hours I unplugged it. Once again, it will turn on but won't do anything else. 

I submitted a Ticket to the klipsch support; however, I'm struggling to find a phone number for more immediate support that isn't for their online orders. Advice appreciated. This is frustrating!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 6:56 PM, SFSigno said:

Hi, I just installed my unit and it functioned well for one day, then it stopped responding to the remote and buttons.  It would power on and that's it. It wouldn't turn off.  I decided to try a firmware update, so installed (my unit 106311718******) v3.3 106311716450001 and above ONLY but it stops with the red Digital light on and doesn't continue.  After 5 hours I unplugged it. Once again, it will turn on but won't do anything else. 

I submitted a Ticket to the klipsch support; however, I'm struggling to find a phone number for more immediate support that isn't for their online orders. Advice appreciated. This is frustrating!

SFSigno - mine is doing exactly the same thing. Gets stuck at red digital light. Soundbar doesn’t work at all. Did you get a solution?  I’m just going to return it to the store, I think. Not waiting on Klipsch.  Very frustrating. 

• 10 months later...

We have a RSB 11 and had the same problem. So we looked at the video on the RSB 8 and the instructions said to unplug the power and  plug in the thumb drive, (don't hold down the volume button) and then follow the same instructions and it worked fine.

• 2 months later...

I just had this problem too :-( I got to Step 6 and the unit just hangs there. If I unplug USB and unplug/re-plug in power to boot normally the unit doesn't do anything - appears dead. I cant even do a reset. But I am able to re-try the firmware update but again only get to Step 6. PLEASE HELP!