RSB-11 stuck in firmware update

Jeffen

On 6/16/2020 at 7:37 AM, EricAudioVideo said:

I just had this problem too 😞 I got to Step 6 and the unit just hangs there. If I unplug USB and unplug/re-plug in power to boot normally the unit doesn't do anything - appears dead. I cant even do a reset. But I am able to re-try the firmware update but again only get to Step 6. PLEASE HELP!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! 🙂 I have no sound in my master bedroom and am close to just buying the Samsung Q90R Soundbar and dumping this darn Klipsch.

• 6 months later...
On 3/15/2017 at 6:57 PM, Jeffen said:

I followed the instructions here and using the drivers from the

Version: 3.0 (serial # 106311716450001 and above ONLY)

download on this page i proceeded with the update.

10 hours later the soundbar is still stuck on step number 6, the LEDs (dolby, sub, dialog, night) just keep rotating endlessly and the bluetooth light does not turn on to indicate a failure.

So i tried the factory reset by holding volume down and volume up for 10 seconds and the LEDs turned off, i then unplugged it from power, unplugged the USB stick, plugged the power back in, and now no LEDs are lighting up and the soundbar is making a low pitched hum as if it's on but getting no input.

re-doing the steps for the firmware update seems to work but the LEDs just keep rotating on and off.

The S/N on my unit is 1063118******** which seems to place it in the "Version: 3.0 (serial # 106311716450001 and above ONLY)" range which is a bit strange since i'm located in europe so i'd assume i'd have a european model but the serial number indicates its a US model.

Any idea what i should do here? should i try the 3 other firmwares and see if any of them work? or would that be asking for more trouble?

should i talk to the place where i bought it and get a replacement?

i took a quick video here so you can see the LEDs cycling and what speed.

Thanks.

On 3/15/2017 at 6:57 PM, Jeffen said:

I followed the instructions here and using the drivers from the

Version: 3.0 (serial # 106311716450001 and above ONLY)

download on this page i proceeded with the update.

10 hours later the soundbar is still stuck on step number 6, the LEDs (dolby, sub, dialog, night) just keep rotating endlessly and the bluetooth light does not turn on to indicate a failure.

So i tried the factory reset by holding volume down and volume up for 10 seconds and the LEDs turned off, i then unplugged it from power, unplugged the USB stick, plugged the power back in, and now no LEDs are lighting up and the soundbar is making a low pitched hum as if it's on but getting no input.

re-doing the steps for the firmware update seems to work but the LEDs just keep rotating on and off.

The S/N on my unit is 1063118******** which seems to place it in the "Version: 3.0 (serial # 106311716450001 and above ONLY)" range which is a bit strange since i'm located in europe so i'd assume i'd have a european model but the serial number indicates its a US model.

Any idea what i should do here? should i try the 3 other firmwares and see if any of them work? or would that be asking for more trouble?

should i talk to the place where i bought it and get a replacement?

i took a quick video here so you can see the LEDs cycling and what speed.

Thanks.

I was having this exact problem, dug in deeper and the firmware is very S/N specific.  You will need to go to this site to download the serial number appropriate for your RSB-11
https://www.klipsch.com/firmware?product=110026&serial=

You may have already found the solution, but it wasn't posted here.
I was having the exact same problem, trying all the same methods with no joy.  Searched on the Klipsch site and found this nugget site:
https://www.klipsch.com/firmware?product=110026&serial=

Seems the RSB-11 firmware updates are very serial number specific, otherwise it will stop at step 6!
Identify your soundbar S/N, download the proper firmware, load onto a blank thumb drive, and follow the procedures.  Worked well for me.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I have an RSB-11 and am trying to run a firmware update to version: 3.0 (serial # 106311716450001 and above) (mine is 10631171646xxxx) but the upgrade hangs at at step-7 (the red 'Digital' LED lights) but it does not light any of the HDMI? LEDs as described in step-8 and it does not automatically shut off. Also, the Bluetooth LED does not light indicating an upgrade failure.

I saw that a few others reported the same problem and wondered if anyone was able to resolve the issue?